I bought a Zed!!!

mouldie

Having lusted after a zed since first seeing one 11 years ago in New Zealand I am finally the proud owner of an '07 Roadster bought from this very forum.

All I can say is that it was worth the wait! I've only had it 24 hours but I'm already in love with it. And I'm amazed how many of the things that I've read on the forum have already happened to me......

1. When I took it into work one of my work mates said "nice car, what is it".

2. When I went out for a quick blast at lunchtime some one in a chavvy Mazda MX5 tried to race me.

3. I've already started to say that the extra road tax is only a couple of tanks of fuel when talking to people about the running costs.

4. I park in remote corners of car parks.

I had been really worried about running costs as I'm a bit of a tight arse with vehicles generally. On the 170 mile drive back from Hampshire I did a steady 70mph for the majority as my wife was following in her old Peugeot and I managed just over 33mpg which I was dead impressed with! This has since dropped quite substantially and I'm already more interested in enjoying it rather than the costs of ownership.

My first impressions are that the car is really solidly put together and has a quality feel to it. This may be because I'm coming from a Prius (!!) but to me it feels awesome. I had reservations about the wind noise based on a previous Roadster I'd test driven. This one is much more acceptable and was very comfortable over the 170 mile jaunt. I wanted a HR engine if I was paying the higher road tax but my budget wouldn't stretch and condition/service history/mileage were more important to me.

Big thanks to Zeddy Addict for a nice smooth deal and fingers crossed I can get some decent miles out of it before I incur my first big bill. I already enquired at the Nissan dealer how much a P3 will be in January and was told £390. I guess I'll be looking for a decent independent in Suffolk then!

I'm rambling now but I'm just very excited at finally getting what is to me my dream car! And I look forward to becoming more active on the form now, hopefully not with a catalogue of issues....

• Like 1