Tip of the day

Husky

Don't stick a hand saw into the nail of your left index finger. It hurts incredibly ****ing badly.

Any tips you want to share, please do! If only there was some kind of "expect wood to split and saw to fly down into finger" warning around, maybe I'd not have cried myself to sleep last night.

• Like 2

Here is a tip - follow the advice you give to others.

On a particularly hot day I opened the window on an old portacabin and propped it open. Metal framed window, very sharp corners. Went round and advised all staff that it was open and to be very careful.

About an hour later someone shouted for me because a phone call I was waiting for had just come in so I ran for the phone, past the window and ....26 stitches later my cheek was back on.

• Like 2

On a particularly hot day I opened the window on an old portacabin and propped it open. Metal framed window, very sharp corners. Went round and advised all staff that it was open and to be very careful.

About an hour later someone shouted for me because a phone call I was waiting for had just come in so I ran for the phone, past the window and ....26 stitches later my cheek was back on.

OUCH :excl:

Arrrrgghhhh that's horrible!! "You know how I got these scars?"

Never say "Watch This...!" to a passenger when driving a car.

No personal experience, but plenty of sillybeggars about that do

Yeah, it's the sound that comes right before a crash. If i hear the words "watch this" coming from my mouth, I think "BRACE BRACE BRACE".

Equally bad to "Watch this" is "One last lap"

I did that a few weeks ago and it was when my clutch went :lol:

Turns out I was lucky, as blowing it at the track not on the way home gave me time to find solutions to getting home from Holland :lol:

Never cut fresh pasta sheets on a slightly rough work surface with a slightly blunt knife. Not blunt enough to prevent it cutting the tip of my finger off, I might add.

Never run after your cycling mate when aged 11, and take a short cut over wet grass. One somersault later, and my teeth left a nice imprint in the concrete pathway.

Never try and get a pound coin on the roof of your mouth by putting on your tongue, then doing a handstand. It'll go straight to the back of your mouth and you'll nearly choke and die. Another one from my youth, that.

Never tell a woman that yes, her bum does indeed look big in that dress.

• Like 1

Never say I bet that chilli sauce isn't that hot. I'm Asian so I can handle more than you.

That's a little bit racist no?

It's genetics.

The pound coin one. oh man I laughed for a while at that.

Edited by Husky

Because it's not based on any scientific fact :lol:

If you said, I'm a british white male so I can handle more wine than say, a japanese bloke. I can't see why that'd be a problem either, it's based on the science of genetics.

All my mates are white and they get my.humour. I just quoted what I said.

Same here, but at work.

When there is priority cargo to be discharged off a vessel, then we sometimes to a partial drop of lashings rather than the whole deck so it can be discharged, this is called a "Yellow Start"

The other day my Chargehand says to the team

"Fellas, we go a Yellow start"

I said

"For me every start is a yellow start..."

• Like 2

Don't put your leg under a roundabout and see what happens when some kids swing it round! = A very twisted ankle, foot facing the wrong way!

Don't jump off park benches when drunk the night before going on holiday! = Torn ankle ligament

Don't bust your head open on a storage heater at your mums workplace when you shouldn't even be there = Bloody carpets

Equally bad to "Watch this" is "One last lap"

I did that a few weeks ago and it was when my clutch went :lol:

Turns out I was lucky, as blowing it at the track not on the way home gave me time to find solutions to getting home from Holland :lol:

One last lap or one last outing rule is very true

Never try to make a homemade knuckleduster using 10mm brass block, a Black & Decker drill, no vice and a 14mm drill bit ~ will result in said brass block spinning around on the drill bit at over 13K rpm before flying off and almost braking a shin.

Then followed by weeks of going to see a nurse to repair the 10mm wide, 10mm deep hole in your shin. :scare::blush::lol:

• Like 2