350z forum is like no other

hensh65

Over my quiet periods in work I have been doing some research on other forums with regards to their perception of their own car and the 350z. Working in IT you can imagine I get a fair bit of time to do this :lol:

Anyways, a lot of people give the forum "zed bashers" a bit of heat when they give the zed negative comments but over all I would say 95% of Zed community has a firm grip on the performance and quality of the car they drive. They aren't on a planet of their own thinking everything they pass must have been racing them.

I had a look on all the sites you would imagine might pit themselves against the 350/370. ST owners, z4, Golf gti, clio and of course the VXR forum. I am astonished by the difference in the mind sets of the owners compared to ours. Just about everyone of them had the line,,,, I had a play with one,,,, always resulting in them leaving it for dead. One of the VXR owners said that the 350z are slow as his stage 3 easily leaves a stock zed.......

I am glad we have a level headed forum like this one when people use acutal facts and general logic rather than going along with a day dream. Great day to have a imperfect 350z :thumbs:

• Like 3

It seems people like the ones mentioned above either change their ways very quickly when they join or just leave. The "resident" members (Ekona, Keyser, Bennett, Buster, Wasso, the mods etc etc) are also very level headed and tell someone if what they are saying is clearly made up. I like it to be honest, I very rarely read something and go "yeah, right!"

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

It seems people like the ones mentioned above either change their ways very quickly when they join or just leave. The "resident" members (Ekona, Keyser, Bennett, Buster, Wasso, the mods etc etc) are also very level headed and tell someone if what they are saying is clearly made up. I like it to be honest, I very rarely read something and go "yeah, right!"

Yeah you are right, if someone came on and put a post on here saying he had a play with a 911 in his stock import and it couldnt shake him. They would be slaughtered for 10 pages :lol:

Yeah you are right, if someone came on and put a post on here saying he had a play with a 911 in his stock import and it couldnt shake him. They would be slaughtered for 10 pages :lol:

What, like asking about when to change gear?! :lol:

• Like 3

What's that line called on the speedo....I think it's red, near the number 7....:lol:

This forums great :)

• Like 2

What's that line called on the speedo....I think it's red, near the number 7.... :lol:

This forums great :)

Yes' we have not heard from Red Line Boy recently..!! ;)

There will always be something faster than what your driving and always someone harder than you, ...I learnt that growing up.

Oh and there is definitely always someone stupider than you. :lol::D

more stupid than you :p

• Like 1

:lol: both good threads! I hate to admit that its one of my mates who said this but he drives a civic type r. His stories normally start with me and a rs4 were doing 150 mph then we started to accelerate.... He also said that he could do better than the quoted 0 - 60 time of 6.6 in his bone stock car. wow :lol:

:lol: both good threads! I hate to admit that its one of my mates who said this but he drives a civic type r. His stories normally start with me and a rs4 were doing 150 mph then we started to accelerate.... He also said that he could do better than the quoted 0 - 60 time of 6.6 in his bone stock car. wow :lol:

Never understand people like that - I couldn't care for 0-60 results, or who's quick in a straight line.

If they want to prove something, come prove it to me on track :)

• Like 2

well i did and the 911 smelt my cobra pipes :p

• Like 1

Totally agree. I've been part of a number of forums since I started driving and this is by a country mile the best.

The worst was the Peugeot 106 owners forum. I got more useful advice asking questions here than there.

Majority of forum threads were people either bragging, or ragging on other peoples projects.

My experience so far is that this forum is filled with a fairly small but very friendly bunch.

Something I have never understood however, is the people who apply bias in their thinking towards the marque they currently own and hate towards others. Surely any true petrol head can appreciate the pro's and con's of any decent car without comparing it to their own to make themselves feel better?