Whats faster? :)

_BR1TT0N_

370 auto going forward will be quicker than a manual in reverse.

...and when they're both going at 30mph, there's very little between them. :)

The manual coupé is quoted as 0.3s quicker to 62mph, but I doubt you'd really notice much difference.

They both have their good and bad points so it'll come down to personal preference in the end. For me, it was the manual 'box or nothing - not ready for an automatic just yet. It's a bit clunky from cold, and can be difficult to drive smoothly at low speeds, but once it's warmed up a bit it's very direct and both the lever and the clutch have a good weight. The SynchroRev system on the manual is pretty damn awesome too.

After Darren took me out in Adrian's car I would definitely say the auto felt quicker, primarily because of the shorter gear ratios and the extra gear. It gave the perception of being faster, whether it actually was I don't know.

Manual vs auto is a personal thing and it's best to try both out. Some love the auto others the manual. For me the there was too much delay in the auto gear change, even with paddles, it kept changing too early and I felt I was missing out on some of the driver involvement, so went with manual.

The manual coupé is quoted as 0.3s quicker to 62mph, but I doubt you'd really notice much difference.

They both have their good and bad points so it'll come down to personal preference in the end. For me, it was the manual 'box or nothing - not ready for an automatic just yet. It's a bit clunky from cold, and can be difficult to drive smoothly at low speeds, but once it's warmed up a bit it's very direct and both the lever and the clutch have a good weight. The SynchroRev system on the manual is pretty damn awesome too.

The SynchroRev system on the auto is pretty damn awesome too..... :p

• Like 1

Even better with a manual as you choose when to downshift and do it a little early for the extra roar - it always going to make you smile and the misses scowl :)

^^ I can disable mine though, when I want a reality check to remind myself how bad a driver I really am. :lol:

Nice one! ^ ^ The 'Auto/Manual box' debate just runs and runs... I think what swayed it for me was that my 350HR manual had issues with the 'box, Nissan very kindly installed a new one with no fuss. There have been some issues with the 370 manual box, no surprise really, but as far as I'm aware nothing from the auto either on this side of the pond or the other, just preparing to be corrected here!

And at the end of the day I had the choice of either and still preferred the auto, It's a Marmite thing I guess. To be honest I don't use the paddles too often but when I do it seems to encourage 'spirited driving', and of course for either box the SynchroRev is a very nice addition.

Even better with a manual as you choose when to downshift and do it a little early for the extra roar - it always going to make you smile and the misses scowl :)

You've not driven the Auto then, you choose when to down shift on the paddles, on the up shift you also hold onto the revs as long as you like.

Right then, all of you stop this as I've seen through your cunning plan! You're preventing me from modding my 370, I should be under it and not on this forum.

Today is ARK-GTF springs, Whiteline adjustable drop links, Eibach camber arms and toe bolts day...these will compliment the new Eibach HD sway bars :)

Just awaiting delivery of the next batch of mods now, where does it all end :surrender: