Nasty surprise from Wales trip

chirag1988

So I got home to find a speeding notice from the recent Wales trip :( they've mentioned the speed and time and location but no pictures or photos. Do I have a leg to stand on to contest? It was on Sunday after the rest of the group went to lunch and I made my way home. Got caught on the A5. I won't mention my speed but it was enough.

Never had a speeding notice before so any advice would be appreciated. Really don't want to have points on my licence :(

• Like 1

If you were speeding, suck it up.

If you weren't, contest it.

This.

Please don't come on here asking for ways to wangle out of a ticket that you duly deserve if you were speeding.

It's well known that we do not condone speeding on public roads here.

Any further attempt to gain ways to wangle out of a deserved ticket will result in this thread being locked.

Sorry. That's the rules.

Long straight, one mile after Country Cooks after the bends through a rock cutting. (400 yds before my house)

They are there whenever the sun shines or on Bank Holidays.

Sorry to say, you've been done. That's North Wales for you.

I suggest you think about getting a snooper or similar as although they are not fail safe they do alert you to most 'High Risk Zones' (and fixed cameras) and the one where you have been caught has been flagged up for years now :shrug:

Chirag, if its your first offence, have you been given the option to attend a speed awareness course? If so, do this, it'll mean retaining a clean licence.

One of the other favourites in North Wales is the A55 at Colwyn Bay. There is a section that drops from 70 to 50 then back.

Over the last Bank Holiday weekend they caught 800 cars speeding in a two hour period.

Chirag, if its your first offence, have you been given the option to attend a speed awareness course? If so, do this, it'll mean retaining a clean licence.

+1 . Worth asking.

I'm guessing he wasn't marginly over the speed limit, other wise he'd of had that option.
  • Like 2

I think NW police only offer it in 30 limits. If it was where I think that's a 60.

I'll definitely opt for that if given the choice. But doesn't that only apply a certain speed over the limit?

sorry to go a little bit off the topic but how long did u wait for the ticket to come?i went to evo triangle 3 weeks ago and i was really worried wondering that i might got caught speeding on the a55

Edited by Z33 on juice

Unlucky matey, you should be good for a naughty boy course unless you were over 79 (in a 60). Their first step is to find out who was driving.

If you get a course, then some insurance companies ask if you've been on a course... so you may need to shop round to find one which doesn't! :(

sorry to go a little bit off the topic but how long did u wait for the ticket to come?i went to evo triangle 3 weeks ago and i was really worried wondering that i might got caught speeding on the a55

I believe they have to send notification within 14 days from the date of the offence

I believe they have to send notification within 14 days from the date of the offence

I think that might be an urban myth... but don't quote me on that.

At the end of the day you broke the law, so I'd assume you can be done at any time. There's no other crime where you can't be punished after a set time? :shrug: