Barefoot driving

Richy

Managed to get my shoes locked in the clubhouse tonight, which meant either driving the 370 home in my spikes or barefooted (Well socks actually) Spikes on aluminium didn't seem very sensible, so it was socks. I have heard rumours that ladies do such things. :unsure:

Must admit it wasn't too bad, and I had quite a delicate touch with the accelerator for a change. :)

this is how it starts .......

I did got the urge to whip my flat cap off as well. ;)

Steady on tiger, it's a family forum

One minute you're enjoying driving barefoot and it escalates ..., next thing is ... It's the early hours of the morning, you're parked up in the pitch black of night in a layby, naked, awaiting the familiar sight of those jaguar headlights to appear in the distance (SMD)

• Like 5

this is how it starts .......

I did got the urge to whip my flat cap off as well. ;)

Steady on tiger, it's a family forum

One minute you're enjoying driving barefoot and it escalates ..., next thing is ... It's the early hours of the morning, you're parked up in the pitch black of night in a layby, naked, awaiting the familiar sight of those jaguar headlights to appear in the distance (SMD)

I am shocked, and it takes a lot to shock me.

You can recognise jaguar lights at night ? :)

• Like 1

Had to drive home from Bradford once not only barefooted but with just my undies on after getting completely soaked and covered in mud in a thunderstorm while running a half marathon. When I set off it was such a lovely day that I went in my running kit and didn't take a change of clothes :blush:. Driving completely barefooted was horrible, luckily it was dual carriageway and motorway all the way home and I didn't need to stop for fuel :lol: .

Pete

Ah, just checked, I thought it was illegal to drive bare foot in scotland, apparently it's an urban myth. The only stipulation is that your clothing and footwear doesn't get in the way of driving.

That's me no t wearing my ball gown again then!

• Like 1

Ah, just checked, I thought it was illegal to drive bare foot in scotland, apparently it's an urban myth. The only stipulation is that your clothing and footwear doesn't get in the way of driving.

That was brought in to stop the Bay City Rollers from driving to gigs. :lol:

Bare footed driving is fantastic, you get much better throttle control, or rather, it's easier to achieve better throttle control.

I've got a pair of Nike running shoes for track days to help with that, their not perfect but their much better than my Reebok Pumps and I'm not getting those gheyboy Sparco shoes, I'm not a racing driver.

Puma Drift cats are where its at! nice thin sole, extra reinforcement on the heel, last for ages. had my pair for going on two years now, when they wear out I will be replacing them with an identical pair!

don't think barefoot driving is for me - I don't like being barefoot in my own house, let alone in my car!

• Like 1