My latest boot divider creation...

14N

Well, I've just finished the final touches to a boot divider I've made for Mopedmark and I'm so pleased with the finished item :yahoo: , I thought I'd share some pics, cos I know you guys like pictures :lol:

I'm chuffed to bits how it worked out and it should sit nicely with the red LEDs Mark has already in his interior. The divider has a red perspex 'Z' on the front and rear, with a strip of LEDs running along the top and bottom in the middle, so is illuminated from both sides from within.

Obviously when fitted, it will be wired into the car's existing loom, as having a 12v motorcycle battery roaming freely round your boot isn't the best idea (although the divider will obviously stop it entering the cabin) :lol:

What d'ya think?

LEDDivider1_zps660d8eb1.jpg

LEDDivider2_zpsab8b889a.jpg

LEDDivider3_zpsfc9950d6.jpg

LEDDivider4_zps959456b3.jpg

• Like 5

When the lights a fading in Wales we can all sit round and look at it :teeth:

Maybe I could make an orange one and add a flicker effect....

Hmmm, orange....

• Like 1

Looks sweet. I'd love one running off the boot light. Could you use a type of Perspex where the whole Z glows evenly, rather than from each LED? If that makes sense!

I do know what you mean Stu and that was the original thought process really. We did initially try with a small LED numberplate light, but that just emitted a bright light from the LED. I mentioned what we really needed would ideally be a strip, a bit like a DRL.

Mark disappeared into his man cave and reappeared with a couple of LED strips, "Like this?" he said. "Perfect" :thumbs:

I think to get the glow, rather than the illumination, you'd need to use a conventional light bulb, rather than LEDs, due to the way the light is thrown out. But I'm no expert. Give me a jigsaw and some MDF and I'll have a go. Electricity, wiring and stuff and I'm lost! :lol:

• Like 1

B)

You need a diffuser on the back of the perspex.

Thin opaque white plastic sheet, thick tracing paper etc.

This will create the glowing effect your after and get rid of the hot spots. :thumbs:

If you wet and dry the inside of the Perspex it will cloud up and diffuse the LEDs the way you want

It may

B)

You need a diffuser on the back of the perspex.

Thin opaque white plastic sheet, thick tracing paper etc.

This will create the glowing effect your after and get rid of the hot spots. :thumbs:

If you wet and dry the inside of the Perspex it will cloud up and diffuse the LEDs the way you want

It may do, but LED's are very directional compared to a regular incandescent bulb, I suspect you would still be able to see the light source.

What you really need for a proper glow is these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-EL-Panel-in-Many-Sizes-A6-A5-A4-A3-A2-and-A1-Glow-Paper-Neon-Sheet-/151274678204?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Wall_Lights&var=&hash=item2338ac67bc

The entire panel itself is luminous. Just place behind the Z, apply power and the actual panel itself lights up.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1