My latest boot divider creation...

14N

It may

B)

You need a diffuser on the back of the perspex.

Thin opaque white plastic sheet, thick tracing paper etc.

This will create the glowing effect your after and get rid of the hot spots. :thumbs:

If you wet and dry the inside of the Perspex it will cloud up and diffuse the LEDs the way you want

It may do, but LED's are very directional compared to a regular incandescent bulb, I suspect you would still be able to see the light source.

What you really need for a proper glow is these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-EL-Panel-in-Many-Sizes-A6-A5-A4-A3-A2-and-A1-Glow-Paper-Neon-Sheet-/151274678204?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Wall_Lights&var=&hash=item2338ac67bc

The entire panel itself is luminous. Just place behind the Z, apply power and the actual panel itself lights up.

That looks like funky stuff!

Looks like great craftsmanship as usual but certainly not for me. Seems like now the Zed has come down in value and a relatively cheap sports car the forum is seeing alot more cheap halfords style mods and members. I think if this was a led corsa badge we would all be cringing. Not saying I have a problem with mods like this, there just not for me :)

Edited by TomLum

Looks like great craftsmanship as usual but certainly not for me. Seems like now the Zed has come down in value and a relatively cheap sports car the forum is seeing alot more cheap halfords style mods and members. I think if this was a led corsa badge we would all be cringing. Not saying I have a problem with mods like this, there just not for me :)

Thanks but sorry, I find this comment a bit hypocritical considering you've recently been selling your own, very similar boot dividers on eBay and even feature one as your avatar. I'm not going to be producing these LED versions and have no intention of asking Halfords if they'll support me as a franchise.

Mark asked me if I'd be able to make one with a Perspex Z that was illuminated. And in the same way that I have made other versions for other members, I thought I'd give it a go. Pleased with the final result, I thought I'd share some pics. I appreciate this may not be to everyone's taste, but the member I made it for likes it, and that's all that counts.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions on how I could improve the illumination. IF (and that's a big 'if') I make another like this, I'll certainly give them a try.

I'll get back in my box now....

• Like 6

Thanks but sorry, I find this comment a bit hypocritical considering you've recently been selling your own, very similar boot dividers on eBay and even feature one as your avatar. I'm not going to be producing these LED versions and have no intention of asking Halfords if they'll support me as a franchise.

Mark asked me if I'd be able to make one with a Perspex Z that was illuminated. And in the same way that I have made other versions for other members, I thought I'd give it a go. Pleased with the final result, I thought I'd share some pics. I appreciate this may not be to everyone's taste, but the member I made it for likes it, and that's all that counts.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions on how I could improve the illumination. IF (and that's a big 'if') I make another like this, I'll certainly give them a try.

I know I'd far rather an led illuminated Z one than a "Nismo" one, considering there's nothing nismo about some MDF...

• Like 1

I think this looks great :)

As has been suggested above, a completely illuminated panel might be worth trying.

Have a look at this link. It can be cut to the size and shape that you want. Check out the sellers other items too. Nothing at all to do with me, but some cool stuff there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EL-Panel-7cm-X-11cm-9-99-Thin-A7-Sheet-of-Glowing-Tron-Neon-Strip-/161284253856?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&var=&hash=item258d4a68a0

Of course yours saying Nisfar# t is a real original outside of the box piece of kit, which no one in the whole wide world of Nissan 350z has got :thumbs: (nothing wrong with Nismo guys but as a boot divider it's not exactly CUSTOM ) :teeth:

To get even glow all you need to do is have one or two high power LED and then a hole for it inside the perspex.

Then the edge that is to be illuminated just needs to be sanded to a opaque finish and hey presto, even glow all round.

That's how the LEDs light up my Perspex cover on my waterblock on my graphics card in my PC.

It's not the boot divider I was criticising it was a led lit Z I wasn't keen on. I understand your not making these in bulk to sell as it was a request, I was just sharing my opinion as its a forum after all :)

As far as my dividers go, your correct I was making the Nismo ones as they were extremely popular and managed to sell all over the world for great money. But now I have moved down to London I have no where to make them! So feel free to make some as they were great sellers for me :) I still get email requests for them and would be happy to send the business your way. Feel free to PM me :)

Edited by TomLum

I'm not knocking the Nismo dividers at all - I even made one for myself, but sold it as I don't have anything 'Nismo' on my car.

Like most things I've done to my car, I've learnt lessons along the way. And today I've learnt about how to illuminate thing differently using LEDs. (So thanks again guys). Hopefully this little piece of knowledge will replace the banjo string knowledge I picked up last week..... :)

• Like 2

I think your missing the point of the Z being illuminated it's a one off, custom one and only not a mass produced part if you don't like it fine But There have been some experienced Zedders on here that like it and Only YOU that doesn't mmmmmmmmm :thumbs:

I think your missing the point of the Z being illuminated it's a one off, custom one and only not a mass produced part if you don't like it fine But There have been some experienced Zedders on here that like it and Only YOU that doesn't mmmmmmmmm :thumbs:

i dont but like i said he doesnt like painted tyre text so were ever :p