Rim ringz / Rim protectors

LordSQra

Hi

I searched forum and didn't find anything about any of mentioned above, so my question is has anyone ever used these ? which one of them two is better ? looks like ringz are easy to install but couldn't find 18" ringz on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-COVER-UP-KERB-DAMAGE-ALLOY-WHEEL-RIM-PROTECTORS-/281107660891?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Cars+Year%3A2008%7CCar+Make%3ANissan%7CCars+Type%3A3.5%7CPlat_Gen%3AZ33%7CModel%3A350+Z+Roadster&hash=item417352805b

Similar to alloy gators. Think husky had them on years ago and they saved his wheel from a nasty bash once or twice.

Found these on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIMBAND-ALLOY-WHEEL-PROTECTOR-GATOR-RB-18-INCH-ORANGE-COLOR-/400581742787?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item5d448850c3 I watched some youtube videos on how to fit them on but comments left underneath state that it is not an easy job to fit them and some garage help is required, on the other hand the rubber ones are much easier to fit but don't look as nice . I am thinking of PM Husky and asking him what he thinks about it.

Thanks for your reply

If you are doing this to protect kerbing your rims you can actually buy tyres that sit proud around the rim to stop you kerbing. Not sure what they are called as such or where you can get them but a mate of mine has them on his Merc. They are very subtle and do the trick. Wish I had known before I purchased my new tyres and Rotas. Just an option for you...

Theres a Merc near me with gloss black AMG wheels, black bodywork and red alloy gators on the, looks mint :thumbs:

That is exactly what I am hoping to see when i put them on :) still waiting for them to be delivered I think they are shipped from USA

If you are doing this to protect kerbing your rims you can actually buy tyres that sit proud around the rim to stop you kerbing. Not sure what they are called as such or where you can get them but a mate of mine has them on his Merc. They are very subtle and do the trick. Wish I had known before I purchased my new tyres and Rotas. Just an option for you...

My mate had those wider tyres as well they are ok but still if you hit a curb u going to damage your tyre, new tyre will be more expensive than a plastic rim protector, that is just my opinion. If I had new alloys and needed new set of tyres yeah I think I could try and buy the wider ones but I am doing it to cover some curb rash what I already have plus trying give nicer look for rims :)

I had some rim blades on my civic after I got the alloys refurbed, cleaned and everything exactly as they said didn't drive it for about 3x as long as they advised on the box and the first time we got to motorway speeds two of them flew off.

Rubbish basically, don't know why from the USA - Halfrauds used to sell them

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

I had some rim blades on my civic after I got the alloys refurbed, cleaned and everything exactly as they said didn't drive it for about 3x as long as they advised on the box and the first time we got to motorway speeds two of them flew off.

Rubbish basically, don't know why from the USA - Halfrauds used to sell them

Hawker

That does not sound good mate but the ones what I ordered are different than them what haldfords have and couldn't find them anywhere even on ebay. The company from where I ordered might be a problem coz it has been a week since I bought them and still no shipping confirmation and today I went on their facebook account and read no promising comments lol some guy has been waiting 7 weeks and when he finally got them, they don't fit lol.

Or you avoid driving into kerbs? :lol:

Sorry I think they look naff

I do avoid :D I bought car with that curb rash and was going to refurbish it but found these ringz and gonna see how they look if it turns out that them look as you said naff I will go for refurbish :)

Is it me or do they look like the sort of thing you'd see in those JML adverts? "Not available in shops" - Yeah we know why!

They do look a little tacky in the photos, but in real life, depending on the colour you get, they either compliment your other styling choices, or if you get black or silver, they just blend into the wheel.

Edited by cs2000

• 1 month later...

Ha finally got my rim ringz lol its been 2 months since I bought them. They look good I like it a lot although if u take a closer look u can see its hooks attached to rim as they not going all the way in coz the lip on rim is quite big. Anyway Im going to leave it as it is now till I buy decent alloys . Noticed that people turn their heads when see my car even today while I was driving a guy from a van next to me was admiring my car and gave me a thumb up :lol:

equmagu3.jpg

ety9y6yz.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Was thinking about (possibly) getting some of these....can't decide if they look a bit naff or not. The red ones look pretty good against your black Zed Damiiian, but mine is Azure blue with matt black alloys and not sure if they would work.....probably have to go with black or maybe blue.

Anyone else on here got them? Could you post some photo's?