My honda s2000 BGW content

theheff

as some of you know I sold my 350z last year in order to buy an s2000 and put some money aside.

Well it didn't quite work out as planned and the engine blew up in the s2000 on my way home from collecting it. (I'm not wanting the thread to go along the lines of go round with a bat etc. it's being sorted legally and civilly) Believed fault with the oil system. Nothing I could have done to prevent it. Was a ticking time bomb but you live and learn.

Anyways, after a new engine i finally got it home

Here is how it stood

3219d0d28d03d945f5949f06a1dd08ab_zps0f6369ae.jpg

I fitted a k&n induction kit and new pads and discs

d1bf09e63161627663d90929b243b56a_zps5e05c8f1.jpg

ab023cdf3e77e070e408eafd6df84480_zps60c1a227.jpg

Picked up some new wheels, not sure on the colour and polished lip at the time, still not sure now

036ab8714feae68a2f4921a0eb511cf4_zpsf02a0e6a.jpg

85819be80a89d435ff2a162e0c278683_zpsb09f7cb2.jpg

Desperatly in need of lowering I got myself some springs and down she went

e4b30dd71606b611105b545979656034_zps9a8f6ba7.jpg

En fitted some tarmac side diffusers and an apr splitter (these aren't fitted as such so I had to drill holes etc and have custom brackets fabricated)

fc3d5cea803115b81c2a4924004c9cec_zps307ec5fd.jpg

So as it stands now

a6658efdd8f1504a71f9b78e7ba10795_zps967ecedf.jpg

15774690dca9b02dd8e5e51d2f586f8e_zps6ffe14dd.jpg

b342dcc3f0f664e6bb3ce3eafef2a3de_zpseb72b8b8.jpg

373e45cf53f86c119cc758f28650727c_zps62e5b3e0.jpg

daa5ab7b9b1e649173d19b456225d4d4_zps38e37fa8.jpg

Now, I'm happy with where it is now. Thinking a BGW or a low level OEM spoiler. And refurb ing the wheels satin black, or going the complete other way and going for white?

Edited by theheff
  • Like 3

Blimey mate, you don't do things by halves do you?!

I'd go for OEM spoiler and leave the wheels black, or have them neon green or orange for something different :)

Edited by Ekona

Tarmac, no worries mate. They aren't the best quality pictures though as they were taken on my phone. I'm sure I can get dan to bring his camera to the essex meet in May we can get you some better ones.

Re the brace, my engine bay as you can see is not the nicest cosmetically and if I'm honest I'll probably be going green with the rocker cover and calipers so red won't go. Thanks for the offer though.

Will the j's spoiler be the single blade one or the one with the smaller second blade at the rear? If it's the smaller ill happily accept a deal on one of those.

I'm hoping it's this one

htup-1108-08%2B2000-honda-s2000%2Bspoiler.jpg

In regards to the comparison to the 350. The power delivery is completely different. It's all 5800 up on the honda. Whereas the 350 as you all know has this big lump of power readily available most of the time. You need to drive the s2000 properly to get the best out of it, dropping gears etc whereas you could be lazy with the 350.

The vtec is addictive. I'm like a child if I'm coming up to a tunnel with no cameras in.

Edited by theheff
  • Like 1

Tarmac, no worries mate. They aren't the best quality pictures though as they were taken on my phone. I'm sure I can get dan to bring his camera to the essex meet in May we can get you some better ones.

Re the brace, my engine bay as you can see is not the nicest cosmetically and if I'm honest I'll probably be going green with the rocker cover and calipers so red won't go. Thanks for the offer though.

Will the j's spoiler be the single blade one or the one with the smaller second blade at the rear? If it's the smaller ill happily accept a deal on one of those.

I'm hoping it's this one

htup-1108-08%2B2000-honda-s2000%2Bspoiler.jpg

In regards to the comparison to the 350. The power delivery is completely different. It's all 5800 up on the honda. Whereas the 350 as you all know has this big lump of power readily available most of the time. You need to drive the s2000 properly to get the best out of it, dropping gears etc whereas you could be lazy with the 350.

The vtec is addictive. I'm like a child if I'm coming up to a tunnel with no cameras in.

It's not the two tier one, its like the picture

I will give you a shout nearer the time, yeah if you can get some non Iphone pics that would be even better, a few shots close up too if you can

makes me miss my black 02 S2000, one of the best cars i've owned. best has been the XKR but for completely different reasons. the S2K was the best drivers car i've had, and i reckon i'll go back at some point and have another.

I've got all my detailing stuff at mine if you fancy a visit, i used it all on mine to correct the black paint. got DA polisher and everything.

• Like 1

Love it mate! Was torn between getting my 350Z or an S2000 as love them both but decided on the 350. I had an FN2 Type R before so love the VTEC engines. Sometimes I see an S2K and think whether I should have went down that road lol

makes me miss my black 02 S2000, one of the best cars i've owned. best has been the XKR but for completely different reasons. the S2K was the best drivers car i've had, and i reckon i'll go back at some point and have another.

I've got all my detailing stuff at mine if you fancy a visit, i used it all on mine to correct the black paint. got DA polisher and everything.

I will probably take you up on that offer rich, always fancied having a go on a DA polisher. I will let you know, cheers mate.

Very nice car there mate, I loved mine when I had it. Have you had the geometry set up since you lowered it - don't want another expensive 'incident' after the engine scenario

Geo is going to be done soon. I don't drive it all that much so it's ok for now. Although to be honest I can't say it feels like it needs doing, it all seems quite planted and doesn't feel like it wants to let go at any point.

Cheers for the positive feedback guys.

Guys, if anyone is bored tonight or over the weekend, would you mind doing me a quick photoshop of the wheels please.

The 3 colours I'm after are either

White

Satin black

Gun metal

No polished lip, just all one colour

If anyone fancies trying something "out there" aswell then knock your selfs out. Orange, pink :) keyser green, I'm open to ideas.

b342dcc3f0f664e6bb3ce3eafef2a3de_zpseb72b8b8.jpg

Cheers guys