Taking bets...Hire car "like for like"!

Roobies8

Hi all

Tuesday last week some young **** bashed into the back of my car and when we pulled over he said me "but it looked like it traffic in front of you was starting to move"!!!!! When he saw I was a female driver, I think he was expecting me to get out of the car and burst into tears in some 'girlie' type way....instead he got me, who squared him face on and said '"you didn't want to do that did you!". Not happy, thankfully he ws insured (sorry, generalising slightly there!).

So tomorrow the 06 350z Roadster goes in for repairs. I was asked if I wanted a sports car hire replacement whilst mine is having the work done, so I agreed. So I'm taking bets on what car they will actually give me as a "like for like"!!!!!

2nd non fault incident and I've only had the car since October, not even had the roof down yet! First one was debris from a trailer on my bonnet (£350 worth of damage still do be done, but I have to pay for that).

Hoping for my luck going forward!

Ali

I will guess at an Audi TT, I know a few companies use them.

Very sorry to hear about this. :surrender:

Crumbs, I hope not, they're not my favourite, too common! (along with a disgust of Mini Coopers!). I'd quite like a Merc or maybe a VW Sorroco to try!

I'll update tomorrow!

Think enterprise do a 911 maybe get one of those also might be worth getting a quote on the other damage while it's in to repairs as they will be mixing paint so might do it a bit cheaper and u will have a hire car so won't take you off the road

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Think enterprise do a 911 maybe get one of those also might be worth getting a quote on the other damage while it's in to repairs as they will be mixing paint so might do it a bit cheaper and u will have a hire car so won't take you off the road

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I did this when mine was in and it did work out cheaper

I find that hire companies usually end up fighting over you to try and offer you better and better cars as they know they will just claim the cost back from the insurance company. Hopefully you`ll end up with something decent.

Which just pushes the cost of insurance up for the rest of us. Frustrating, because in the OPs position I wouldn't want to be inconvenienced by something that wasn't my fault either, but then neither would I want to be part of the reason that premiums keep going up. No win scenario, really.

• Like 1

I drive a lot on business in Europe and generally ask for a manual BMW 3 series or similar. The last 4 have been ........

Merc C180 auto - not too bad

Vauxhall Insignia - mmmm, I can live with it

Peugeot 307 Station Wagon - really?

The winner was last time though, where I turned up on my own only to be told I had been given an upgrade. An upgrade from a 3 series is going to be pretty decent, maybe an E class or even something more interesting, right?

No, its a 2.0 diesel, automatic Seat Alhambra. :yuck:

When I asked how exactly this was an upgrade from a 3 series I was told "Because it has 7 seats". I told him how pleased I was that my 6 invisible friends could travel in comfort. :angry:

• Like 1