DE engine, Is 300BHP possible...... ?

nowhereboy

I've done a quick search and can't seem to find anything about this, I appologise for the noobish question.

I own a 04 DE engined 350Z, I know these aren't the most tuneable lumps in the world but I'm intrested in how much power can be squeezed out of it.

With full exhaust, plentinum spacer, light flywheel, induction and a re-map, what sort of figures could be expected?

Does anybody run similar mods? What power are you putting out?

Mine mapped after abbey made just over 300 at the fly. 270 at wheels I had only silenced decats, plenum spacer and 06 airbox with hks filter. Then uprev'd

Now I have dc headers, motordyne xyz and art pipes and a few other little bits. Once mapped again hope to see around 325ish. Ive also a lightweight flywheel but that only helps response

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently took my DE to TDI North for a Stage 1 upgrade, they got it up to 299.3bhp at flywheel, they said it was a strong motor mine, and that they don't often see gains this good from the DE. They did a Dyno run just after they fitted the mods before the rempa and it was about 280bhp then I think.

• Like 1

Have a look in the Dyno results thread nowhereboy. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/

After my UpRev I got 293.4bhp from my 2003 DE which I'm pleased with. I have a H.Dev plenum spacer, Invidia Gemini exhaust system, Berks HFC's and a Stillen air induction kit.

On the same day at Horsham Developments a similar modded Zed (2004 model DE) got around 280+bhp from his so it will vary from car to car. Also ambient temps/fuel/engine internal condition & the dyno used will all contribute to different figures. :thumbs:

Hey GM. Is that the fly or wheel bhp ?

OP like others have said you can get very near or just over 300 with just a few mods. All cars are different though. I got 300 (calculated from the fly bhp) once I had my uprev with abbey.

Getting a better exhaust system soon so might have another go at the figures lol.

Hey GM. Is that the fly or wheel bhp ?

OP like others have said you can get very near or just over 300 with just a few mods. All cars are different though. I got 300 (calculated from the fly bhp) once I had my uprev with abbey.

Getting a better exhaust system soon so might have another go at the figures lol.

Flywheel HP. ;) Wish it was at the hubs though. :lol:

Still great results for an 11 year old motor I think. :teeth:

Lol I thought for a more you'd meant at the hubs! Lol

Its a cracking result though ain't it. :)

If that was at the hubs bhp it would be better as it would probably equate to being around 330/340bhp at the fly then.

Yeah I'm pleased with it and as you know the UpRev makes for a much more lively drive especially in the first few gears. Plus it can go over 155mph now if ever I go on the Autobahn. :lol::D

Motordyne Plenum Spacer, K&N Typhoon CAI, Berk HFC's, Miltek Exhaust and uprev'd at TDI North saw 310 bhp from my 2003 350z.

The biggest difference is the way the car rev's and pulls, great to drive before I Uprev'd - Bloody Fantastic to drive after. :drive1

• Like 1

300 is achievable, SMD saw 300 from his with much the same mods that you mention. I think most people will agree it's more about the improved throttle response than anything else.

Yep mine was an 04 on 92k when it was upRev'd had standard airbox, plenum spacer, berks & milltek exhaust and made just under 300bhp :)

I distincly remember texting Papa and going "ner ner ner :p"

Sent from the golf club...

Curious to this aswell, What if with that line up you had the Heads Ported and Polished, being 10 years old etc...

It will help if you have the valves reseated and the head skimmed at the same time :)

We just put an engine in that had the head skimmed valves reseated (no porting) block was honed and new rings - really noticeable power improvement the torque is back all the way up the power band.

Its just a number... 270BHP vs 300BHP, in a straight line it will be **** all difference.

Improve your driving skills on track if you want to see a massive difference in how the car performs.

PS - 299BHP at the fly on my DE with the basic mods; Spacer, Remap, Kakimoto/Stillen/BERK exhaust setup.

Edited by Dave-350

Its just a number... 270BHP vs 300BHP, in a straight line it will be **** all difference.

Improve your driving skills on track if you want to see a massive difference in how the car performs.

PS - 299BHP at the fly on my DE with the basic mods; Spacer, Remap, Kakimoto/Stillen/BERK exhaust setup.

Agreed 30bhp in a heavy car like a Zed is bugger all, more impressive is the torque increase you get with an upRev

Agreed 30bhp in a heavy car like a Zed is bugger all, more impressive is the torque increase you get with an upRev

Yea ^^ the upRev gives a really smooth torque curve all the way through to the redline, which is also increased! ^_^

Yea ^^ the upRev gives a really smooth torque curve all the way through to the redline, which is also increased! ^_^

As a couple of good friends have found recently a single mass clutch and light flywheel is great too

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to this aswell, What if with that line up you had the Heads Ported and Polished, being 10 years old etc...

It will help if you have the valves reseated and the head skimmed at the same time :)

We just put an engine in that had the head skimmed valves reseated (no porting) block was honed and new rings - really noticeable power improvement the torque is back all the way up the power band.

Just out of curiosity, as I personally would rather spend the money on chassis improvements to get the available power down properly BUT - how much off the top of your head does a job like that cost ?

(ported/polished/valves etc etc)

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, as I personally would rather spend the money on chassis improvements to get the available power down properly BUT - how much off the top of your head does a job like that cost ?

(ported/polished/valves etc etc)

+1

I have a 2004 DE and it made 307 BHP and 297 lbft this morning at TDI North after 5 pulls on the dyno and about an hour and a half of mapping. The mid range has gained 30 to 50 lbft which is the most impressive thing about it.

So yes, 300+ BHP is possible, but not guaranteed according to the mapper. They can vary 30 BHP with the same mods on them. It's often down to how they've been looked after/driven.

I guess I got lucky.

Like any car, turbo or not, a remap is essential if you've "increased airflow" in any way whatsoever. Mine was running very lean and that has been corrected. Average mpg on the road not affected during normal driving / some use of cruise control on motorways. Still 23 - 32 mpg. I don't know about spirited driving yet, but I don't care either. fast = fuel. It'll be better than a turbo whatever it gets.

• Like 1