Sad news !!!!

jonny the mod

Got to get it off my chest...... but am I the only forum member who feels SAD to see the amount of Nissan 350Z's that are being put up for sale lately. Now please.. im not having a go at people who have to sell. I feel for all you guys, but its SAD. Im going for a beer, maybe that will cheer me up...............

Got to get it off my chest...... but am I the only forum member who feels SAD to see the amount of Nissan 350Z's that are being put up for sale lately.

It's been noticed. Can't really understand why people buy a car in May then sell it in the next January :shrug: . I think in many cases its just a case of box ticking. Added to that a few long standing members have sold up just recently.

Pete

It's not that bad ~ one persons loss is another's gain especially when they buy a Zed from an owner that has loved & looked after their car. Plus I know some people don't really want to sell but they have to for various reasons. Like they've lost a job unfortunately or need cash to buy a new home.

Anyway at least they're not being scrapped or written off left, right & centre. ;)

Looking back on my car history I thinks its pretty typical. I had all the zed models from the 240 to the 300 and then had to do the sensible thing and buy a house etc. Many years down the line things get easier and I got the 350z.

As has been said, as long as they get a good home and the new owner pops up on here its not so bad. :)

Another point of view could be tuning capabilities.

Being NA there's only 'so much' we can do until it starts getting very costly, gains are relatively small unless you go FI so very limited IMO.

I mean, if I went mad and bought full exhaust, headers back, intake, stand alone ECU, meth injection, intake manifold, fuel pump, ID injectors etc what would I see? 360bhp? I'm 320 something from the factory...

I guess this only applies to people who put power high up the priority list but its just a thought

100% agree, but 'pub numbers' seem to crop up more & more these days, all too often I get asked:

- How much power is it running? - Stock

- What quarter mile time can it do? - Never ran it

- What's the 0-60 time? - Never do standing starts

I'd rather Nitron / JRZ suspension with Alcon brake kits & slicks myself for track use :)

100% agree, but 'pub numbers' seem to crop up more & more these days, all too often I get asked:

- How much power is it running? - Stock more than your sorry ass can handle ;)

- What quarter mile time can it do? - Never ran it if i only have a quarter mile to go id walk ya lazy ****

- What's the 0-60 time? - Never do standing starts Genius is it not 60-0 you should be worried about

I'd rather Nitron / JRZ suspension with Alcon brake kits & slicks myself for track use :)

just highlighted a few other options to those answers lol

Edited by mick-r1
  • Like 2

I also think a lot of people underestimate the running costs.

Pete

This. I don't plan on selling mine but I 100% underestimated the fuel costs. Currently looking at getting back into my old 1.2 Clio for my commute, lucky I still have it!

Got to get it off my chest...... but am I the only forum member who feels SAD to see the amount of Nissan 350Z's that are being put up for sale lately. Now please.. im not having a go at people who have to sell. I feel for all you guys, but its SAD. Im going for a beer, maybe that will cheer me up...............

Seasonal Anxiety Disorder??

Makes sense I guess!

Its the same story every year. Redundancy, too fiancially unstable, sprogs.....meh. Theres always a new owner waiting in the wings

• Like 1

Agree it is sad but needs must and having a zed sat in the drive doesn't pay the bills if anything it adds to them :(

Totally understand why ppl have to get rid, just hope "touch wood" nothing happens to me and I can keep mine after all I have so many plans for her :)

I'm trying to get a house deposit together but when I even entertain the idea of selling her, I just think how rubbs it would be getting into something else each day. A hot hatch or some beast that pulls from the dark pump. At least if it was something dirt cheap I'd hate an inexpensive car, not one I was hoping would match up.

Tellingly I spend more time on autotrader looking at 370s and (runs for cover) Porkers than I do on rightmove looking at houses :lol:

I'm trying to get a house deposit together but when I even entertain the idea of selling her, I just think how rubbs it would be getting into something else each day. A hot hatch or some beast that pulls from the dark pump. At least if it was something dirt cheap I'd hate an inexpensive car, not one I was hoping would match up.

Tellingly I spend more time on autotrader looking at 370s and (runs for cover) Porkers than I do on rightmove looking at houses :lol:

Rent a house and spend the deposit on a 370 :) Only in the UK are we so obsessed with home ownership. Other parts of Europe it's quite normal to rent (although to be fair, rents elsewhere aren't so crazy expensive).

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Rent a house and spend the deposit on a 370 :) Only in the UK are we so obsessed with home ownership. Other parts of Europe it's quite normal to rent (although to be fair, rents elsewhere aren't so crazy expensive).

It's the thought of how much I've spent on rent over the years, which could now be equity if I'd gotten it sorted sooner. As you say rents are crazy right now, 25-50% more than a mortgage payment. Also with prices being "low", it's just a sensible time and a sensible thing to do now I'm at sensible age (30+).

If I've got to do one sensible thing, once in my life, this seems like the right one - so long as it has a large Zed house on the side. :)

Doing the same thing (well, almost, ive sorted the deposit side) but every time the Mrs mentions the fuel cost of my zed and how her 1.3 Getz is so much more economical I have to find a reason why I should keep it. I still love my 350 (but I would trade for a 370, bloody house!)