Sad news !!!!

jonny the mod

I'm trying to get a house deposit together but when I even entertain the idea of selling her, I just think how rubbs it would be getting into something else each day. A hot hatch or some beast that pulls from the dark pump. At least if it was something dirt cheap I'd hate an inexpensive car, not one I was hoping would match up.

Tellingly I spend more time on autotrader looking at 370s and (runs for cover) Porkers than I do on rightmove looking at houses :lol:

Rent a house and spend the deposit on a 370 :) Only in the UK are we so obsessed with home ownership. Other parts of Europe it's quite normal to rent (although to be fair, rents elsewhere aren't so crazy expensive).

It's the thought of how much I've spent on rent over the years, which could now be equity if I'd gotten it sorted sooner. As you say rents are crazy right now, 25-50% more than a mortgage payment. Also with prices being "low", it's just a sensible time and a sensible thing to do now I'm at sensible age (30+).

If I've got to do one sensible thing, once in my life, this seems like the right one - so long as it has a large Zed house on the side. :)

Makes sense. I can totally see the point of owning from some perspectives and I'll probably take the plunge myself one day (my other half already owns a place, which we rent out). I guess it depends on everyone's personal circumstances. Living in London, we could buy a place but it probably wouldn't be as nice as the place we rent or it would be in an area where the Z wouldn't survive for very long! It does seems that there is a lot of implicit pressure on people to buy property in this country and renting is somehow seen as second class option - bit like you're a failure because you don't own a place, which isn't the case in other countries.

The advantage of home owning is long term - at some point you will own it and not be paying someone else for eterntity and bottom line, paying a mortguage is similar money to paying rent, so why give your hard earned to someone else :shrug: (other than to the bank obviously :wacko: ) and get no return

Edited by ioneabee

We've had the wettest winter on record. Every morning I leave the house in anticipation of taking the Z to work, then think "I aint putting miles on the Z in this s--t" when I look at the weather and soluble salt on the roads. Many tuner cars don't survive bad winters. There's no good reason to own a sports car other than for fun, and it's been no fun this winter I can tell you. personally, it means my modding programme continues in anger due to the fuel cost savings....

im not planning on going anywhere! my car is a keeper, as long as its just me and my girlfriend then i will stick with 2 seat sports coupes. i'm on 56k currently doing 8k a year, see no reason why i shouldnt get up to 100k in my zed, at which point it will likely be retired to track use :D

im not planning on going anywhere! my car is a keeper, as long as its just me and my girlfriend then i will stick with 2 seat sports coupes. i'm on 56k currently doing 8k a year, see no reason why i shouldnt get up to 100k in my zed, at which point it will likely be retired to track use :D

Same here. (substitute "still with wife no 3" for "its just me and my girlfriend") At around 5K a year in 20 years it`ll have 100K and I`ll be 73 still driving around in it ! ....... :teeth: