Gutted, but going to have to sell....

downhuman

Some of you will be aware that I was recently made redundant.

Despite a decent pay off, it seems silly having an awesome car when unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance...

So I've made the decision to sell - the ad is with mods currently so expect it up soon.

I'm gutted as I love the Zed (and this club) but think it is for the best.

The interviews I've had have all been long drives away so, even if I get one of those jobs, I'd have 100 miles a day commute - I don't think I'd want to ruin my (perfect) Zed by ramping up the miles, getting dinged to hell in a car park etc.

I'm obviously going to hang around here, whatever car I end up with - so this isn't 'goodbye'....!

Rob

Ahh nightmare Rob. :mellow: Remember chatting to you when you first mentioned the redundancy but never thought it would come to this. :(

So the reality is I 'have' money but I want it for the next house - therefore I want to spent as little as possible between now and the next role.

It is rubbish, but I guess it is life.

I will buy a small hatch of some description to tide me over - when in a new job I could always get a nice car again (assuming I'm not doing an epic by-road commute)...

A real shame to give up the zed but you've got to do what's for the best and you can always get another one later on when things sort themselves out :)

Yeah I know mate - doubt I'd ever get one like it again - literally 'perfect' for me.

If I get the right job, with a short commute, a GTR is the next step ;)

• Like 1

Ahh nightmare Rob. :mellow: Remember chatting to you when you first mentioned the redundancy but never thought it would come to this. :(

So the reality is I 'have' money but I want it for the next house - therefore I want to spent as little as possible between now and the next role.

It is rubbish, but I guess it is life.

I will buy a small hatch of some description to tide me over - when in a new job I could always get a nice car again (assuming I'm not doing an epic by-road commute)...

Sound's sensible.

Hopefully it's all for the best eventually and I'm sure you can get another Zed in the future if that's what you want when the time's right. :thumbs:

You might end up losing money going to a small hatchback and then back to a car you want again, if it's in a relatively short period. I toyed with the idea before, generally it seemed not worth the hassle for the tiny bit of money I was going to save.

Edited by delz0r

Some of you will be aware that I was recently made redundant.

Despite a decent pay off, it seems silly having an awesome car when unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance...

So I've made the decision to sell - the ad is with mods currently so expect it up soon.

I'm gutted as I love the Zed (and this club) but think it is for the best.

The interviews I've had have all been long drives away so, even if I get one of those jobs, I'd have 100 miles a day commute - I don't think I'd want to ruin my (perfect) Zed by ramping up the miles, getting dinged to hell in a car park etc.

So sorry to hear this Rob.

Good luck on finding a new job close to home so you can keep your baby.

I'm obviously going to hang around here, whatever car I end up with - so this isn't 'goodbye'....!

Rob

Cheers lads. This is my last week with the same company that I've worked for for 12 years (since 18)

Feeling kind of institutionalised so fingers crossed I get over it all ASAP lol

I was made redundant after 16 years with a company and it's only natural to worry how you will cope and whether you're good enough in the world beyond. But you'll be pleasantly surprised how you can cope, and more than that - thrive. It won't be long before you find a good job and wonder why you didn't make a move sooner! Onward and upward :D

All the best.

Ahh - it is sh*te!! :console: I sold my zed in anticipation of being made redundant - it was a horrible experience - I kept my job but then was made redundant afterall six months later. I am still gutted about it and I can't even bring myself to go anywhere near any meets or Knockhill :dummy: (I really need to get a life :lol: )