Locked Out HEEEELLLPPP

Lyger

Thought about this a lot but was wondering if i pulled the door release handle from the inside on either the Passenger or Drivers side would the door open or do i have to actually push the button? can someone try this and let me know?

Thanks

Thought about this a lot but was wondering if i pulled the door release handle from the inside on either the Passenger or Drivers side would the door open or do i have to actually push the button? can someone try this and let me know?

Thanks

Yeah that's what I meant ~ push the button inside to unlock & then just pull the handle from the outside to open.

I think for definite you have to push the button unlock inside the car to open the door rather than just pull the handle inside. ;)

Thanks Its just a bit trickier to push the button rather than pull the loop if i fed something through a gap in the window..... :bang:

What about using a pole to press the button on the opposite side of the car?!

EG: Go in through the drivers window but reach over with the pole to press the passengers side door unlock button.

Just trying ideas for you.

You must have the patience of a saint.

I would of smashed the window days ago lol

I'd have set the thing on fire by now! No patience when stuff goes wrong!

You're my hero lol

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Get a large toilet plunger..(Large sucker) and stick it to the window (either drivers or passengers side)

make sure the glass is dry or it will slip, and ease down the window (by gently massaging it up and down..) by the amount it drops for safety

which is about 2", then make up a stick like item to push the open button to the side.

Easy, ... :surrender: :surrender:

Where are you based mate if worse comes to worse i have a spare passenger window or Alex will, hell of a lot easier to replace

Quite. Replacing the passenger window glass isn't that hard to do. 1 hour job or less, or any garage could do it easily in that time. The guide to replacing the window motor give all the info needed.

Surely the local locksmith could get into in in 5 minutes and won't charge the ridiculous AA/RAC rates.

Failing that, an advert on Gumtree for a car thief will probably be answered in 5 minutes if you offer them £50 :lol:

The only thing I can think of is trying to find something that would normally be a permanent live like the starter solenoid and power it up from there. I.e from under the car?

That wont work .. :surrender:

Yes it will, I'v done it... Twice... You just need to douch it for long enough to hit the button on the remote...

The only thing I can think of is trying to find something that would normally be a permanent live like the starter solenoid and power it up from there. I.e from under the car?

That wont work .. :surrender:

Yes it will, I'v done it... Twice... You just need to douch it for long enough to hit the button on the remote...

OK give it a go, he may have problems getting to the starter. But good luck .. :thumbs:

Op, just read of your predicament.

I'm in Leeds, about 15 miles from you.

If it's any help I have a Nissan locking nut, albeit probably won't be the same, the zed scissor jack & a trolley jack.

I'm off work this week, if these are any use let me know & I'll come over.

• 2 weeks later...

Right , finally got into the car without using a brick ,had to wait on the jack I ordered when it arrived it had no slot in it for the sill so had to cut one with the grinder , jacked up the car enough to get the trolley jack under , then had a look for the starter, it was a bit tight under there so while the wheel wasn't as tight in the wheel arch had another look at the bonnet cable, the casing was split to get access to the small inner cable and that was gently pulled and the bonnet released, stuffed the cable back up where I pulled it from and lowered the car and put the battery on charge , luckily the bonnet release still works from inside the car so It's just a case of getting a few new clips and sorting out the door lock which I should have done in the first place!

Anyhow thanks to Alex and Keyser and my Dad for all their assistance and everyone who offered to help!

Maybe leave this up as it isn't as easy as you think especially if the car has been lowered and it's good to know there is a way in without the brick or the AA !

Edited by Lyger