Locked Out HEEEELLLPPP

Lyger

Yeah with the Jack the wheel brace the mat for your knees the emergency Snickers .................I couldnt be more F*cked off :(

Dont panic ..your not going to use it until the Spring, so borrow another jack and get a spider brace Halfords £6

at the same time buy a slightly under size socket to get the locking wheel nut off ..do what Alex said to open it.

Job done. :surrender:

You can't miss it.

It is at the top and is clipped to the inner wing.

Release it from the clips and give it a good tug, trying not to stretch it.

Also get some one to perhaps push down on the bonnet at the same to time to facilitate the release.

Im in the UK In Pontefract West Yorkshire.

Thanks Alex and Keyser and everyone for all your advice im going to try at the end of the week now when ive finished work to get in, i have some ideas now and ill update this post when i get in and the method used.

Hi Everybody ......... Still Locked out...... Tried Carrie-B1s method Fished about for a while but diddnt get anywhere after 2 hours, Just had a crack at Alex s suggestion manage to find the Bonnet cable and give it a tug but nothing just the sound of plastic snapping somewhere around the front of the car and a bit of a baggy bonnet release cable ( Does someone have to be pushing down on the bonnet while im pulling the cable Alex?)

Still cant get under the car yet may have to buy another Zed Jack to try Keysers Suggestion......

went back out and had another go at pulling the cable while someone bounced the bonnet, complete fail, - Think ill need a new cable and instructions to replace!!! Ordered another Jack and will try the starter motor method when it comes.....

went back out and had another go at pulling the cable while someone bounced the bonnet, complete fail, - Think ill need a new cable and instructions to replace!!! Ordered another Jack and will try the starter motor method when it comes.....

Just call out the RAC or AA etc. they have tools to unlock the doors so you might be able to open your bonnet (i say might because of your cable) and jump start it etc.

If your not a member you can pay a one off fee of £150ish to have them come out. going by what you have just spent on a new jack and what you will need for buying and fitting a new bonnet release cable then your probably at that mark already.

Pick the smallest window and see if Zmanalex has a spare one , wait for delivery, grab hammer, smash glass, get in

I think this is now the best advice...............you're running out of options

The cable tug has allways worked for me but you have to get the bonnet bounce in sync with the tug. :blush::lol:

If you break the small quarter glass then you will have to replace with brand new as they can not be removed without damage to the clips or seal so preowned is not an option.

Try the cable tug again.

Alex. :)

I wouldn't want to try this but, ....couldn't you just get a wedge of wood (like a door stop/wedge) and gently push it between the front window glass & the rubber. Hopefully widening the gap just enough for you to poke a stick (or something else suitable) inside to hit the door lock/unlock button?

Not sure if that would work tbh & really wouldn't want you to damage the window seal or window but just thought I'd put it out there. :dry: