Christmas visitations

ioneabee

got my family coming round today - trouble is my wife doesn't get on with them at all :dry:

makes for a very uncomfortable afternoon

anyone else have the same problem ................... or is just me

There's always someone in the family that doesn't get along with someone else. Stupid really. I find the best way to deal with it is either to enjoy some Christmas beer drinking or just go for a drive and leave them all to it :)

Edited by wizurd
  • Like 1

I don't get along with some of my own family, so just don't have anything to do with them, they don't even know where I live lol

My brother's Mrs is the same. She has nothing to do with her family which I find bizarre to be honest but it's her decision.

Shame really at this time of year when families should be all together.

My family love my missus and I get on amazing with her family! We've been together since we were at school though so everybody has known each other for a long time. One big happy family!

I couldn't be arsed with hassle at this time of year. Time of year to show your family how much they mean to you. Love getting to see everybody together!

• Like 1

Definitely agree with you Neilp but it's not always that straight forward for some people unfortunately.

I have no problems with any of my relations though so I'm thankful for that. :thumbs:

I understand that completely. What I don't understand how people can have so much hate in them and no forgiveness. When I was younger there was a guy who was my worst enemy. We used to fight and do real damage to each other. We spoke it out one day and both said there peace and now we have become best friends and have been for many years.

We have damaged families between myself and my missus on both sides but they have made peace and now all get on.

This is the time of year to forgive and move on.

No problems with family as most of them are dead on both sides

However, my mother is 85 but I've never seen her in my whole life......but thats another story!

That's sad 350zedd. . I miss my Parents who are dead and my younger Brother passed away 3 years ago.

So only my Sister left and we get on OK. :blush:

Not particularly looking forward to Christmas Lunch :sigh:

This is the time of year to forgive and move on.

I am all for this Neil . . provided the the other parties involved can stop stabbing in the back at every given moment. Until then they can get fooked. It takes two to tango and all that.

and breathe................. all gone on their merry way

thing is - I get on tremendously well with her parents and its just so sad that she can't let go of some of things that were said and done early on in our relationship - and yes, my parents were in the wrong - but 20 years on and she can't forgive - tolerates is about the best she can achieve

We don`t have problems of not getting on with the wifes family just with them not being nearby so it`s Christmas Eve with my parents just down the road then a drive up to Catterick on Christmas day to spend it with the wifes daughter and grandson then from there drive down to Gainsborough boxing day to see the rest of her family and then back home on Saturday to finally chill out on our own. And the worst thing is with the wifes luggage for 4 days away and the Christmas presies that she`s got which must be for the whole population of North Yorkshire and Lincolnshire we`ll have to go in her Mokka rather than the Z.

and breathe................. all gone on their merry way

thing is - I get on tremendously well with her parents and its just so sad that she can't let go of some of things that were said and done early on in our relationship - and yes, my parents were in the wrong - but 20 years on and she can't forgive - tolerates is about the best she can achieve

Its easy to justify a deep seated grudge when you've been insulted and feel angry for being treated unfairly.

The person who suffers the most in this situation is the one holding the grudge.

Maybe your parents should admit to your wife that they were in the wrong and apologise to her for being so.

Only then will she be in a position, to be able to forgive them

Interesting reading this. I do agree that life is short and you should be able to forgive if possible. But I've had experiences with ex family that I wouldn't forgive, ever. It's a really tricky area. I know this much though I don't make myself miserable about what others have done in the past.