Help with my purchase :)

leebottrill

Hi everyone. I have just joined this forum. I am looking for some help in buying a new 350z. My budget is around 9k. I am currently looking to buy a 57 plate with under 50k on the clock. I am also aware that there are different engines than this latest one. Does anyone think there is much difference in spending out on the 313hp, or to spend a little less and go for the 300 or 287hp? Also any help when looking to buy used would be great? any problems i might need to look out for :) Thanks for your help people. :)

The genral consensus seems to the if you can afford to go for the latest HR engine (it has 2 air intakes so it's easy to tell) then go for it, otherwise go for an older car (pre 06?) with the lower tax bracket. I believe the 06 revup engine (300ps?) had a small oil burning issue but other than that all of the engines are pretty rock solid.

Personally I'm glad I went for the 313ps HR engine.

For 9k your going to be stretching to get a 313,...for 10k there are some nice examples around though.

As an FYI the 06+ is £480 a year to tax also. If you like one wack a link on here and we can help you out, Good luck :thumbs:

I don't think 9K is too far off for a HR if you're willing to wait for one to come up cheap, just looking on the front page of the for sale forum:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78408-nissan-350z-uk-car-full-nissan-service-history/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77230-200757-uk-black-350z-gt-pack-fully-loaded-sat-nav-etc-price-drop-9250-fresh-6-months-tax/

• Like 1

I would definitely go for the 313 with the bonnet bulge, thats exactly what I'm on the lookout for myself...in the right colour of course

Yes, some of the 300's can burn oil, it's pot luck really. The older 276's are getting a bit long in the tooth now, many will have had 4 or 5 owners and astronomical mileage. A 313 with 30k can be picked up for 10.5-11.5k depending on the year, a higher mileage version will be close to your budget.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I wanted a 313 but ended up getting a 300, that had been really well cared for and saved my save a few thousand in the process. I honestly couldnt tell the difference between the two models power wise. I did however notice a 313 I drove had budget tyres on and this reflected in everything in the car. It felt sloppy, the interior was tired and it didnt handle/drive right. I always look to see what someone fits to there cars tyre wise to me if there willing to pay top dollar for these everything else will have been maintained not skimped on.

• Like 4

Ive been looking around and i can get a 313 with around 65k for around 9-9.5k. Maybe i would be better spending that little bit more and getting less mileage. Would you say all round they are reliable? im always scared that these are drivers cars and have been ragged into the ground. Ive heard the engines are tough though. Yes i agree with maddog. A well looked after one with a fsh and good tyres and oil etc are a good sign the cars been looked after :-) I would prefer it not to have gotten into the hands of a boy racer though lol

I need to test drive the 313 i think next!

Put some more by for a well looked after HR, you'll thank yourself you did. The restyled bits are minor but make the difference and I can understand why the older cars faults and the 06 oil thing can put people off. Worth the wait I would say. :thumbs:

Edited by AMT

Iv got a 2006 cab in blue love it but I wish I would off splashed out for the HR. There is a supercharged one on a 2003 on here for sale for 10grand get it go on !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go for the one in best condition really with the lowest mileage you can find. Whatever you go for just check it doesn't have patchy service history :thumbs:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If your serious about buying a 350z then you won't find a cheaper HR with low mileage than this

http://item.mobilewe...Id=231119539183

Get on it before someone else does. It won't hang around for long at that price!

He's a forum member too.

wow this car is in great condition. I'm not going to start my hunt until January though! This one doesn't look like it has a FSH either? :-/

313bhp vs 300bhp is what, 4% difference? Personally I can't tell the difference between cars with 4% power increase. So that's the numbers out the way!

Just go for as best an example as you can afford, a tatty battered 313 is never going to be as much a lovely car to own as a well cared for 300, you will soon forget that 4% power difference.