Driving Experiences - Recommendations?

Stutopia

A bunch of mates and I are considering a supercar double or similar driving experience, wondered if anyone had any recommendations, preferably Northern but open to suggestion? I've also noticed single seater and Rally style ones too which could be interesting...

Also, do you reckon we could rustle a group discount for a few of us booking at once?

PS - This one caught my eye, not so much car action but includes axe throwing skills. What's not to like?

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/military_experience/combat_training/spy_games_experience/2731/

Ta.

^^ Very "James Bond" :lol: . I've done quite a few of these "driving experiences" type of things over the years and by far one of the most enjoyable was driving a single seater. The good thing about doing the single seater type experience SuperStu is that because there is only one seat your alone in the vehicle and can really just enjoy it without worrying about some instructor sitting next to you. One of the single seater experiences I did was at Castle Combe in a Formula Ford which was great fun. You start the day off with some tuition in a class room, followed by an instructor taking you around the track in a Ford Focus pointing out all the various turn in points and braking areas. Then it's your turn to drive the Ford Focus around the track building up your speed lap after lap with the instructor giving you pointers. After that the instructor then allows you just to drive as hard & fast as you can; providing you can show good track skills you then get the "ok" to drive the single seater around the circuit on your own. It was a lot of fun and even though the Formula Ford doesn't have the most powerful of engines it is still more than enough to get you round the track in a rapid fashion. I was really pleased with my results as I didn't spin (unlike some) over took everyone in front of me and scored the highest bar one person in a class of around 40 odd drivers. B)

Not northern, but Walshy does some great experience days at North Weald (Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911 Turbo, Audi R8, Aston Martin DB9, Maserati Gran Turismo, Lotus Elise). I'd go with him any day over others, although 6th Gear (Simon George's lot) would be a close second.

My boss at work has been on the Palmer sports day at Bedford 4 times now, he would definitely recommend that.

I've been on one with treatme.net which I wouldn't particularly recommend as they didn't let you out of third on hairpin bends.

Edited by Gudzy

There's frequently an Aerial Atom experience on Amazon: https://local.amazon...ands/B00FMS60AO

Also get to drive a Nissan GT-R too :thumbs:

Currently 2 days left on this offer (to buy voucher - valid till 25th May 2014), but the same is often relisted/advertised so worth signing up - especially as driving experiences are often advertised.

Here's an example of another one (but it's down sarf) : https://local.amazon.co.uk/Oxford/B00GJOBYXI

Edited by 14N

My boss at work has been on the Palmer sports day at Bedford 4 times now, he would definitely recommend that.

I've been on one with treatme.net which I wouldn't particularly recommend as they didn't let you out of third on hairpin bends.

+1 on Bedford, the caterhams are a hoot!

Iv heard a few people saying their driving is restricted on these days at most venues. Iv only done one myself at silverstone (Ferrari 360 challenge and lotus exige s package) and they encouraged you to push the car and brake hard and late 

Drive race cars not supercars ive driven formula ford and v8 ozzy touring cars both better than the lambo ferrari driving

+1. My mate did a Ferrari experience & absolutely hated it. Instructor seemed too worried he was going to crash the car and the pedals where too close together for his massive feet. :lol:

I can recommend the single seater experience at Silverstone (£159... if I remember correctly), it was a lot of fun. :)

Definitely agree there mouthwash. Great circuit to drive & very enjoyable experience. Also the Lotus Elise experience they used to do was great and E-type Jag. B):thumbs:

Thruxton Italian super car experience Ferrari 458 & Lamborghini LP and you start off in a Porsche cayman. Very fast track, instructors encourage. On the day I did it there was a bit of a Que built for the super cars so they threw in some single car sessions for free which I have to agree was the best bit. I was screaming like a girl! (screams of joy of course!)

I've had a few driving experiences including rally, Ferrari, single seater, etc.

Like others I recommend the single seater experience.

If you have the money I can highly recommend the Johnathan Palmer days/half days. I was invited by a company so didn't cost me anything. You get to drive numerous cars including single seaters, it was where I was introduced to the 350 !

Thruxton Italian super car experience Ferrari 458 & Lamborghini LP and you start off in a Porsche cayman. Very fast track, instructors encourage. On the day I did it there was a bit of a Que built for the super cars so they threw in some single car sessions for free which I have to agree was the best bit. I was screaming like a girl! (screams of joy of course!)

Was actually just looking at Thruxtons offerings, want to do the Aventador experience, that would be awesome!

In my opinion the Palmer experiences are a cut above the rest.

I have just found my schedule from my day there in 2005. It included

Nissan Pathfinder on a 4x4 course

Mitsubishi Evo drifting

Nissan 350z (I won the time trial, one of the reasons I always wanted to own one !)

Karts

Caterham 7

Renault Clio Cup

Palmer Jaguar

Formula Audi single seater

They get you to really push the cars, no holding back, I span the Formula Audi at least once

They even gave you a read out of your lap performance in the Formula Audi...mph, rpm, throttle, gears, etc