Holes in the law.

OsakaBen

I did my naughty boy course a few months ago and they told me that you are technically still breaking a law by using a mobile phone with a hands free kit unless you specifically have steering wheel controls. Even then it can be used against you in a prosecution situation.

For example they cited a bloke who crashed into another car who jumped a red when this drivers was on green.

The law stated that he was not driving with due car and attention as he did not check the junction was safe to proceed and was also found to have been not he phone at the time of the crash WITH a hands free kit.

The law sucks bone

What are these courses like? I've got to do one because I.. Was driving too slow.. Sort of sounds interesting tbh.

Course dull

Cretins on the course......intriguing

My mate went just after me but on the extended one for dangerous driving.

He said there was this fat, sweating, grim, taxi driving, woolieback from Widnes who was asked by the instructor what he had done and if he wished to share.

His response in the thick plastic scouse accent that only true wool can muster was

'I ran sum rag 'ed over didun aye. Doze **** was in der middul of der road so wat wuz I suppozzzed to do?'

I weep for the world

i know someone who was done for drink driving. Your going to like this.

He was out with a few mates down the pub, left the car at home. come closing time his Mrs comes to pick him up, on the way home she pulls into a petrol station to fill up the car. When she goes into pay at the till she left the keys in the ignition, police had pulled in noticed said passenger in the car and gone to have a word and smelt the beer on him and noticed the keys were in the ignition, they said to him is this your car? "well yes but I'm not driving the mrs is taking me home from the pub". "keys in the ignition, your over the limit and in charge of the car even though not in the driving seat, your nicked."

18 Month ban! What a load of complete and utter bollocks. Jobsworth *******

I luckily got let off for running out of petrol on a3 slip road of m25 there's only one petrol station between the m3 and my house and when i went to stop they closed it!! Had my mate on standby anyway so they were ok but didnt know that till they told me, douchebags on course 80% said they were being tailgated so sped up to lose them, i think that's a common excuse, at this rate glancing in your mirror will get classed as a fine

Edited by jumping350

i know someone who was done for drink driving. Your going to like this.

He was out with a few mates down the pub, left the car at home. come closing time his Mrs comes to pick him up, on the way home she pulls into a petrol station to fill up the car. When she goes into pay at the till she left the keys in the ignition, police had pulled in noticed said passenger in the car and gone to have a word and smelt the beer on him and noticed the keys were in the ignition, they said to him is this your car? "well yes but I'm not driving the mrs is taking me home from the pub". "keys in the ignition, your over the limit and in charge of the car even though not in the driving seat, your nicked."

18 Month ban! What a load of complete and utter bollocks. Jobsworth *******

That's pretty rough. Must of been a slow night and the old bill needed to get someone. :dry:

Couple of things:

You cannot get a course for dangerous driving. That's a very serious offence that's pretty much guaranteeing you prison in all but the most bizarre circumstances (sentencing guidelines here). A course for careless driving exists though, which I'm guessing is what Ricey was on about. That said, Ricey knows his sh*t so I'd like to see proof of that, and not to be a d*ck but because I'm genuinely interested in the circumstances.

With regards to being done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle in a petrol station, I'd suggest there was more to that than it seems. Failure to pass the attitude test or more likely he was playing silly buggers would seem to be a bit more likely, although granted it's not impossible and technically he did break the law. Another good reason to make sure you never have control of a vehicle when bladdered!

Couple of things:

You cannot get a course for dangerous driving. That's a very serious offence that's pretty much guaranteeing you prison in all but the most bizarre circumstances (sentencing guidelines here). A course for careless driving exists though, which I'm guessing is what Ricey was on about. That said, Ricey knows his sh*t so I'd like to see proof of that, and not to be a d*ck but because I'm genuinely interested in the circumstances.

With regards to being done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle in a petrol station, I'd suggest there was more to that than it seems. Failure to pass the attitude test or more likely he was playing silly buggers would seem to be a bit more likely, although granted it's not impossible and technically he did break the law. Another good reason to make sure you never have control of a vehicle when bladdered!

Never saw the charge mate but he ran a kid off his bike. Turning into Chester racecourse and the kid went full pelt into the side of his car! Perhaps it was careless rather than dangerous but that's definitely the term we were using when ripping the **** out of him :lol:

His face hit the deck when I told him that he'd got the extended course which involves you taking one of the instructors out for a drive!

Mobiles phones/running reds etc are the awareness course that I was on

Speeding is a course on its own

Then there's the one for more serious dickery

This is actual footage* of what happens when you driving without full focus :lol:

*not actual footage.

Haha iv done that with a cigarette before lmao

What film is that? looks hilarious!

The Big Lebowski, one of my favourites. Easily in my All Time Top 5. If you've not seen it, get it quick!

Noted thanks will watch it once im done nightshift! =)

* http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-the-big-lebowski-1998.html issit this one?

That's it. When you're done, if you enjoyed it, dig out Raising Arizona too.

And Fargo - probably my fave film of all :)

• Like 1

...................In that case all disabled drivers with 1 arm should not be allowed to drive. Right!?

Wrong ! Their cars are adapted to suit their disability and are therefore just as safe as any other car

So if my car had all disabled aids. I could drink my coffee? :D

...................In that case all disabled drivers with 1 arm should not be allowed to drive. Right!?

Wrong ! Their cars are adapted to suit their disability and are therefore just as safe as any other car

So if my car had all disabled aids. I could drink my coffee? :D

I know you're only joking but to clarify that point I think it's specifically the coffee that's making you break the law. The coffee is distracting your full attention and therefore you're driving without due care and attention (I think)

technically they can deem it illegal to change the radio station using the buttons on the radio, anything that requires you to take full attention of the road can be deeemed an offence and it has been this way for a long time just you wont hear of many being pulled for changing the cd radio station etc

I drove home this eve 5.5 miles in London..just kept a note of what I found, now draw your own conclusions. :scare:

16 drivers on mobile phones, and I'm sure there's more which I didn't see.

9 bicycles without lights, one had a rear one but no front. How stupid given that 6 have been killed in London in a week.

3 bicycles who could not be bothered to stop at a red light. Amazed it was only 3..!!

12 cars with one headlight. (That's unbelievable..my son said its down to buying cheap bulbs from China.)

4 cars with only one rear light or one brake light.

2 cars WITH NO LIGHTS.

4 cars driving with FULL HEADLIGHTS ON..!

DID NOT SEE ONE POLICE CAR..!!

Keep safe out there and watch out for the idiots who couldn't give a sh1T about driving safe... :surrender: :surrender:

I hate those people with full headlights on!!! grrrrrrr!!!! :rant:

and fog lights anyone driving with front spot lights on when there is no sign of fog should be shot it doesn't make your car faster or sportier so turn the things off,

• Like 2

Probably not, I was actually going to post a similar thing - mate of mine (not the sharpest tool in the box, admittedly) drove to the pub, parked car outside, had more pints than expected. Leaves pub, goes to car to get his coat, gets it out, shuts door, police turn up and nick him for being in control, he hadnt even sat in it. Ridiculous. :rant:

If you have the keys to a car, and are inside it, you're in control of it. You have to do something pretty spectacular to prove that you're not in control of it (we'll ignore the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing at the door), like sleeping in the front seat whilst the keys are in the boot or something equally as daft to get out of it.

It's a very wide open law, but on the other hand it does catch those people who are clearly going to drive but happen to be caught by a copper when the engine isn't running and the car isn't moving. Not being too drunk and passing the attitude test is critical to getting away with it, but really you're better off just not having any car keys on you when drunk.

If you have the keys to a car, and are inside it, you're in control of it. You have to do something pretty spectacular to prove that you're not in control of it (we'll ignore the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing at the door), like sleeping in the front seat whilst the keys are in the boot or something equally as daft to get out of it.

It's a very wide open law, but on the other hand it does catch those people who are clearly going to drive but happen to be caught by a copper when the engine isn't running and the car isn't moving. Not being too drunk and passing the attitude test is critical to getting away with it, but really you're better off just not having any car keys on you when drunk.

Put your car keys on top of your tyre under your arch then sit in your car, aslong as you dont have keys on you, you will be fine! But i still wouldnt risk it! lol

Police officers seem to forget these days they are employed by the people - for the people. In some of these stories it seems they are employed to enforce printed words rather than what's right and what's wrong.

This is not a 'screw the pigs!!!' thing.

Well actually maybe it is haha they annoyed me last week as I was locking up at work around 11pm and they drove up to me and said 'Oi! And what are you doing!?' and instantly - I wanted to punch him in the face. I'm paying this guys wages.

Edited by OsakaBen