My GTR - the ongoing story...

grahamc

Best looking GTR I've seen....so tempted to get one, but than I realise if I did I'll have no money left for food :)

Would be worth it :)

Fantastic car, great read .....1st time I've seen this thread..... :thumbs:

Thanks! Will keep it updated... have some good events this year. ASDA charity lap day, fast lap day with Nissan, 1 mile event and hopefully a couple of track days

Brisk.

i'd imagine that's the biggest understatement of the year so far!

haha, once you get used to it ~600hp doesn't seem enough! 700-750 would be perfect in a GTR; just to get a near flat torque curve of 620lbft.

Edited by TomS
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brisk.

i'd imagine that's the biggest understatement of the year so far!

haha, once you get used to it ~600hp doesn't seem enough! 700-750 would be perfect in a GTR; just to get a near flat torque curve of 620lbft.

too right about getting used to it.... but I still think that 600-620 is the sweet spot. No hassles of a built engine, built gearbox (or issues with it not being built) and you have saved yourself £20k :)

Just ordered some new DBA discs and pads to go with them. Fancied something a little different from the norm and got a half decent price. Tomorrow I am picking up the 350z (looking forward to this) from Sly and dropping off the GTR for a service, brakes and MOT (its first).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another quick update... had the DBA discs all round and the Pagid RS29 pads all round fitted, with a big service, MOT and a few other small things done.

Car is progressing nicely!! Just waiting for the 350 to come back and then the GTR is off for a well earned detail :)

Still looking for someone to help with the front bumper and the rear spoiler!

How are the Pagids on the road? I went with Ferodo's as I couldn't live with squeaky brakes but I'm booked in for 2 track days in August so I'm going to have to take it easy on the Ferodo's. I was tempted to buy some RS29's to swap myself for each track day.

So far fine.... good when cold (have to use a little more pedal, but completely predictable) and rather good on the short track :) You will need to be careful with the Ferodos on track, I did consider them as they are very good on the road, but not so on track.

Yes nothing wrong with your setup for the road DS2500 is a good pad but will over heat on the track lap after lap with the power and weight of the GTR. Nurbugring is fine for the odd tourist lap however I think any circuit would struggle for lap after lap heat.

Switching to Pagid RS29 would suit the track days but I would recommend that you skim your rotors at the same time. The difference of material in the two compounds deposited on your discs would cause possible vibration and warping . Please see disc skimmers for this information.

We can supply the Pagid should you wish to change. But I don't advise to have a track set and road set on same rotors.

• 4 months later...

I want a GTR soooo much

Saw one round my way the other day, they look great, sound fantastic :cloud9:

But I can't afford one :(

the 2009/2010/2011 models are going up in value :) or holding value very well!!! Quite the topic over on the GTROC

Guess I'll just have drool & dream for now ;)