My GTR - the ongoing story...

grahamc

Since I am keeping the car, this year is going to be a general tidy up on the car, to make sure everything is perfect :)

Done:-

-New windscreen (already chipped :()

-New ASNU injectors (and remap) to reduce black smoke

-Refurbed wheels

-Silicone piping

To be done:-

-Custom wrap goes on in June

-New tyres (R888s)

-New brakes

-Will repaint the calipers with the new brakes

Might be on the list for this year:-

-New front seats

-Remove rear seats (allow more space for bags, etc)

-Front diff (waiting to see a friends car with a quaiffe front diff)

Just done 600 miles last weekend going to Holland and back to look at the tulips. Will be out at N24 at the end of this month and then a couple of GTR owners are doing a tour of Europe in September.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just back from dropping the car off for its new wrap at PWPro.... its not a colour ;) collecting on Saturday. They will also be detailing the interior and the engine bay.

And a new set of R888Rs have been ordered.

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 1

Waiting with great anticipation. Hope we don't have to wait until Saturday to see pics.

Hope its not marmite because I don't think yellow and brown suits the GTR.

Edited by Payco

What a long day, just gotten home...... unfortunately, I am without the car :( the wrap was done very well, but the wrap design I was not happy with. Nothing like what I wanted, so car has remained. Will be discussing with the designer on Monday and will decide then what I am doing. Will see if he can correct and reprint or whether I remove, paint and detail (in a few weeks).

Sadly not the ending that anyone wanted! I have photos, but I dont think they do justice, so will wait and see if we can sort etc before posting.

What a long day, just gotten home...... unfortunately, I am without the car :( the wrap was done very well, but the wrap design I was not happy with. Nothing like what I wanted, so car has remained. Will be discussing with the designer on Monday and will decide then what I am doing. Will see if he can correct and reprint or whether I remove, paint and detail (in a few weeks).

Sadly not the ending that anyone wanted! I have photos, but I dont think they do justice, so will wait and see if we can sort etc before posting.

Ahh that's a shame

Needs to be right for you tho if your living with it hopefully you get it sorted

I feel your pain, i once spent just over £2k on a colour change, i wanted to be surprised at the end and not see any progress, boy was i surprised, nothing like the swatch on a whole car. Sold the car shortly afterwards, i try now to get a rattle can made up in whatever colour to check a larger area.

• Like 1

Ahh that's a shame

Needs to be right for you tho if your living with it hopefully you get it sorted

Very disappointed for you but it's sounds like you have made a brave and correct decision..

^^ What they said.

Sorry to read that Graham but no point accepting the car back if you weren't happy with it. Fingers crossed you get it sorted to your satisfaction. :thumbs:

Thanks all

Glad it's just a wrap and not a respray... Otherwise I would be pi**ed!!!!!

Painful to leave but better than taking something is not right and having to try and fix afterwards. At least they know I am seriously unimpressed and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Sorry to hear this outcome Graham. I do hope this turns out for you, what you initially thought you were getting. :console:

Likewise Graham, sorry to hear about this. Without giving too much away, I've seen the back end and actually quite liked it but was eager to see how that would transpose to the rest of the car. Hope you get it sorted. Depending on how much detail there is and how the pattern falls, I think it could look amazing.

Edited by leonk