My GTR - the ongoing story...

grahamc

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so another trip away with GTROC and some more pictures. We went to France for a belated birthday and stayed in a chateau in the Epernay region, so lots of champagne and wine!

1DEF35A6-E3C1-47B5-A9AA-859B69E2F4E3_zps3oehavbh.jpg

50C1C943-9466-439F-97BC-9E15D9E123C0_zpss1f8jibs.jpg

2523A9D8-9521-4001-8E1E-F46E34CB6AC3_zpse5apyqpk.jpg

And this was the level of parking we had to contend with

0883174C-3EBF-482A-B599-F5E7FD5C16CA_zpsnd5znyue.jpg

5648169C-A978-43B5-95C7-8866506421AF_zpsbkmr6r7b.jpg

• Like 1

I will be at Brighton Speed Trials in this tomorrow, handicap class (batch 2 - not on the list as I was a late entry) only :) Anyone going to be around? There is a 350z on the entry list :)

http://www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk/files/speedtrials/st2016carentrylist.pdf

Was cold and damp last year, hoping for better weather tomorrow:-

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2015/Brighton%20Speed%20Trials

Jim Bridge.... I thought Andy broke the 350z
Try to keep up Graham😉He mended it, and have to say it looks better than ever👊

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Is there a link? Not sure how I missed that.... met him last year at Brighton Speed Trials

• Like 1

Jim Bridge.... I thought Andy broke the 350z
Try to keep up Graham������He mended it, and have to say it looks better than ever������

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Is there a link? Not sure how I missed that.... met him last year at Brighton Speed Trials

This one? The Pheonix

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102295-andyjames-supercharged-silver-pheonix-rebuild/

• Like 3

Now that was a good weekend!

Left London early, arrived at Brighton seafront at about 0700... my friend who had brought his 700+bhp R33 discovered a coolant leak, so rushed home to swap to the R35, luckily he is not in central.

DSC00451_zpsdsxlxwxz.jpg

As I am only on a National B license, I could only compete in the handicap class. Came 3rd in that class and was beaten by an Austin Healey and sone other thing that both had -9.5 second handicaps and both ran 18 seconds. So I would have had to have gone sub 10 seconds to beat them.

First practice run was without launch control and did 11.51 and my only real run with launch control was 10.94 with 1.84 for the 64ft. I was rather happy with that and think the launch can be better. The launch did feel good though :D

The top 6 for the day were mid 10s and 11s, so with my 1 full run, I would have been 4th overall...... oh well, next year I will have my A license.

Some more pics here:-

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2016/Brighton%20Speed%20Trials

Should have a video of the good run on the blackVue, hopefully I will have time to check today.

My friend in the other R35 was struggling with traction, so decided to steal my rear wheels :) 1st run he bogged down, have a feeling it was due to too little power on the launch, but then improved on his final run to 11.3, but was just outside the top 6.

6779DA25-0F34-4E74-8B0C-33753631D378_zpsjqrasi6p.jpg

Graham, what did you do for insurance for the BST? Not trying to be funny or clever here, just wondering if you knew someone who would insure specifically or if you just took a punt that nothing would go wrong?

I didn't even think about it when I did a VMAX day, which isn't entirely different in nature. I really dread to think about what would've happened if I'd had a puncture or something mid-run though!

Graham, what did you do for insurance for the BST? Not trying to be funny or clever here, just wondering if you knew someone who would insure specifically or if you just took a punt that nothing would go wrong?

I didn't even think about it when I did a VMAX day, which isn't entirely different in nature. I really dread to think about what would've happened if I'd had a puncture or something mid-run though!

I have yet to find an insurance company that I like for track or events like this, so for this I am self insured. Im relatively lucky in the fact that its not a daily car, I do not need a daily car, etc.

I used to have track day insurance, but the cost, limits and excess made almost pointless unless the car was a total loss.

• Like 1

Seems reasonable enough, thanks :)

No worries.... and if you consider the amount of events that I do, the insurance would have cost me a small fortunate by now.

Another reason we have started to use the MX5 more on track (and its more fun).

Edited by grahamc

• 1 month later...