My GTR - the ongoing story...

grahamc

.....I personally think the 370z has a nicer interior . Not taking anything away from your car , just think the whole dash is pretty ugly ..... And yes still a Nissan but it is the top model

I have been in a few 370z and I wasnt that impressed by the interior. They focused on the stuff that would make a great car...

The 35 dash interior retains the character of the previous 32,33,34 Skylines, so we have a bit of nostalgia continuity.

Agree it is a bit dated, but it is what it is.

Never been a fan of the premium addition seats and door trims however the Recarro edition seats are better, however I went for the track edition as IMHO the interior is much more pleasing to the eye.

Each to there own thou.

Alex. :)

Good point, never thought about that.

Just as a matter of interest how does the GTR drive in full auto mode? I read something a while back about it being set up to conserve fuel so it is reluctant to change down to lower gears in normal driving conditions, but I'm thinking that might have been in relation to the early models. Is it still pleasing to drive in full auto?

It depends on the gearbox setting, but I find it tries to go through the gears too quickly and refuses to go down a gear quickly enough. However, for the motorways and fuel eco runs its rather good.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, just back from a week in Europe with the car.... 2k mile round trip, will be sorting through some photos and videos. Had around 30 GTRs in all states of tune, standard to 1400bhp!!! I had a great run with a Ferrari F12 and the GTR shocks me more and more every time I use it :)

Old Fiat test track on top of the Turin factory. Some would be more familiar with Mini's up there ;)

Anyone recognise this? Shame we couldnt take the cars up ;)

IMG_3743_zps4mlfhzx2.jpg

knew I recognised it! I won't spoil for other people though as your clue is good! :)

z%20at%20the%20tunnel_zps3zhqq7tg.jpg

Lovely GTR's, and a lovely boat on the end too :p

Oh yes, very lovely

Interesting read. Looking to step into one myself Spring 2017.

Wait a little while longer and the R36 should be out ;)

Old Fiat test track on top of the Turin factory. Some would be more familiar with Mini's up there ;)

IMG_3743_zps4mlfhzx2.jpg

IMG_3743_zps4mlfhzx2.jpg

knew I recognised it! I won't spoil for other people though as your clue is good! :)

Great film that.

Nice photos too, I can't wait to head back that way next year

Was rather cool getting up there, I even got to run the banked corner :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back from an awesome weekend up at Bruntingthorpe, for Asda Day giving passenger rides. Did a drag race against a H2 motorbike (1000cc super-charged, 208bhp - what an awesome bit of kit!!!) at lunchtime, 1st run was close, but the bike took it and second run I tired the launch control and the car didnt pull off well (lots of wheel spin) and the bike jumped out quite a lead. Will get some videos up shortly....

Some pics, not many

IMG_2347_Cropped_zpsggmnmrqs.jpg

97F6A6F1-370D-4FB8-B220-B8E902075ED9_zpswgpl03ah.jpg

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/media/Events/2015/Asda%20Day/84329D29-124E-475A-8778-8879C4AA68EE_zpsp371oxke.jpg.html]84329D29-124E-475A-8778-8879C4AA68EE_zpsp371oxke.jpg[/url]

attachment.php?attachmentid=2991&d=1439097702