Aggressive knocking at low speeds

Reeco

Okay, I haven't even had a look yet but I noticed light metallic click at low speeds on Saturday, I ignored though because it was raining I put it down to the manifold getting a bit wet (splash guards are smashed up in places) or the start of the dreaded axel problem.

Drove it to Bristol Sunday evening and didn't notice it at all so thought nothing of it, again Monday I drove it to work no problem at all. However today I got half way to work and in slow moving traffic I'm getting a now pretty aggressive knock, it's definitely not the engine, but it does speed up with the speed of the car, but thanks to having a bloody k1 I can't hear it after 1st. I don't know if this is because it gets drowned ot or weather it actually stops.

Anybody know what to look at first?

Thanks

Okay problem solved, embarrassingly I don't really know how or what it actually was. I took it for another run, tried coasting downhill etc and some tight turns and loads of other things and nothing stopped it so I took the front driver side wheel off, gave everything a wobble, it all seemed tight, moved a bit of plastic splash guard the was in the wrong place...but only a bit :S put it all back together, took a big stone out of the back tyre and touch wood It's stopped :S

Thanks for all the suggestions though guys.

• Like 1

Okay problem solved, embarrassingly I don't really know how or what it actually was. I took it for another run, tried coasting downhill etc and some tight turns and loads of other things and nothing stopped it so I took the front driver side wheel off, gave everything a wobble, it all seemed tight, moved a bit of plastic splash guard the was in the wrong place...but only a bit :S put it all back together, took a big stone out of the back tyre and touch wood It's stopped :S

Haha seems to be a lot of this silly embarrassing diagnosing going on at the moment lol

Haha seems to be a lot of this silly embarrassing diagnosing going on at the moment lol

Haha I do feel like a bell end tbh! Even worse I can't blame it on being a noob, I've drove cars with knocking bottom ends and other crazy problems and this sounded pretty brutal even when compared to that!

I had a recent issue with a knocking noise that only started after 40mph...everyone and their uncle looked at it and could'nt work it out. Give a female friend a lift....as we drove i apologised for the loud annoying knocking and explained it was a complex issue which was being looked into. She took one look behind her and said 'it might be that piece of wiper blade that's flapping around!'....and it was :blush:

I had a recent issue with a knocking noise that only started after 40mph...everyone and their uncle looked at it and could'nt work it out. Give a female friend a lift....as we drove i apologised for the loud annoying knocking and explained it was a complex issue which was being looked into. She took one look behind her and said 'it might be that piece of wiper blade that's flapping around!'....and it was :blush:

Haha that's brilliant, well at least I'm not alone!

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with my car - I managed to jack it up and using a massive pry car I could see there was play in both front banana arm ball joints. This would make sense as at low speeds there will me more movement and make a knocking sound. Given the ball joint is housed within, I will need to replace both sides - Nissan want £300 each side. Does anyone know anywhere cheap to get these? I've found a pair on ebay which are reasonable and hoping to get these for around £350 for the pair - nearly half price!

Item number 281223660873

How come the Ebay seller has the same user name as your self Auzyfozy ?

Alex. :)

BUSTED!!! LMAO

I have the same issue with my car - I managed to jack it up and using a massive pry car I could see there was play in both front banana arm ball joints. This would make sense as at low speeds there will me more movement and make a knocking sound. Given the ball joint is housed within, I will need to replace both sides - Nissan want £300 each side. Does anyone know anywhere cheap to get these? I've found a pair on ebay which are reasonable and hoping to get these for around £350 for the pair - nearly half price!

Item number 281223660873

How come the Ebay seller has the same user name as your self Auzyfozy ?

Alex. :)

Lol oh dear, well spotted Alex