Interview tomorrow! - I got the job!

Grundy

as someone who's just had an interview on Tuesday and got a promotion at a new school; wishing you the best of luck. keep calm, think your answers through, no harm delaying an answer by taking a sip of water or asking them to repeat a question. be positive and confident and talk as if you are already doing the role. fingers crossed for you.

• Like 2

Cheers everyone, Went in at 10.30, had a 20min Exam (To test technical skills) then Left at 12.00.

I feel it went really well, answered all the questions and basically said everything I could and wanted too.

Had the same interview 3 months ago, but I walked in unprepared. So I took there advice from last time and applied it to this interview.

Last time I walked out feeling crap and thinking, damn why didn't I say that etc.

This time I feel happy and done the best I can.

So now down to other interviewees. Will find out in a week -.- someone had to re-schedule till next Thursday for their interview.

Cheers again guys :teeth:

• Like 4

:lol: since this post ive just been invited for a promotion interview on the 7th of november... Service manager role so now am planking it !

That can only be good news ~ more responsibility, more money to blow on the Zed. :D

First ever internal interview so will be an experince and a half !

I started in IT Putting equipment on desks. I've worked in various jobs, help desk, server support, server engineer, exchange admin etc etc, now an infrastructure consultant all with the same company and I've never had an internal interview.... It's only just now struck me as "different" I've just assumed that's the norm. Some changes haven't been my ideal choice but they have normally worked out well for me.

I can't be the only one?!

What's your role now?

• Like 1

Its a 2 stage, first is with the client director of scotland then if all goes well then its a flight to st albans to interview with CEO. Not exactly the easiest route. Currently an IT contractor basically doing low level service management, but have been put forward by my managers manager.

First ever internal interview so will be an experince and a half !

Should be a more relaxing experience though hopefully as at least you know the company and possibly even the interviewer's already. Good luck with it. ;)

My advice would be walk in there prepared, answer every answer with examples of what you've done at the company,

Don't treat the interview differently because it's internal, I did that the first time and was totally unprepared. Don't go in there thinking they will take all of what you have done for the company into consideration ( They might but my place don't, it's all down to the interview, which sucks!) Big your self up! Don't be afraid to say things like 'I did this, and I put in the effort etc' this was some advice I was given.

Hope it helps and the best of luck to you mate!!

P.s. may want to ignore my advice until I hear about the job lol.

• Like 1