Should I buy a 370z

Nice1A

Hi all, I'm new to the forum as I'm seriously considering buying a 370z today and wanted some advice. I've test driven it and loved the car. My issue is this will be my all year round car and I will possibly need to drive it in snow. I've looked at snow tyres but do they work well? I've also been told over 4" of snow and the 370z is going nowhere because of the front spoiler. Can you convince me that this will be a good all year round car.

Thanks

No, is the answer.

But certainly if you want to run to the cost of getting a set of winter tyres that will help, but like most non 4 x 4 cars ground clearance will mean that if the snow is more than 3-4 inches deep, expect damage to the front/underside.

I can run my 350z in the snow with verdesteim tyres. If you know how to drive properly in tte snow you can. However, as soon as you hit a slope. Just ditch the car. If your uust driving a flat road you will be okay, but any sort of hill where you would be in 1st gear, give it a miss.

I live in Hoop Hoo land and I'm on my second 370, my last one was used all year round, in snow etc. It is more difficult in snowy conditions, as any powerful, rear wheel drive cars are. As said above, more than 3-4 inches of snow and a lot of cars would struggle anyway.

Rather than investing in winter tyres and possibly saving you the hassle every winter of changing them back and forth, a good front wheel drive shed may be a better solution.

Winter tyres work very well ...so your only issue would be if it's too deep for front clearance.

There are quite a lot of owners who use their normal summer tyres all year round but I have been quite surprised how much difference the winter ones make. I have a separate set of wheels that I bought cheaply with the winters already on and just swap over when it is likely that the normal ambient temperature will be less than 7% more often than not.

I was very close to stumping up for winter tyres, but given the cost I'm thinking either a 4wd banger for if it gets fully arctic (e.g. weeksof snow forecast) or just getting a rental if it's for a few days. I find rentals handle best of all cars in snow ;)

I think I'm going to go for it and rent a car a suggested when it snows. As superstu said they do handle best of all ha ha. I'll post pics when I pick it up.

Probably best to pay the excess waiver for short term snow driving applications...

Welcome, from my personal perspective i'd never drive my zed in the snow. Had two of them and both were completely unnerving on snow and ice. At least with front wheel drive cars you point the car in the direction you want andit kindof got there, the zeds behaved randomly on any slopes. Really did not like thelossin control, tip toed home and changed cars.

In my book its beat to get an old shed rather than risk damage to the zeds which would often cost more than the shed

Purely from a Zeditis point of view, you understand.......... You've not bought the car yet and you love it already, these are the initial signs of Zeditis, succumb my friend, buy the car and stop worrying. Put it like this, if you buy a sensible car you will forever be wondering "what if", now, where on earth is the fun or sense of adventure in that!!!? :shrug::teeth:

Oh, and sorry, :welcome:

:welcome:

I run mine on winter tyres and they definitely make a big difference - it will only be those days when there's 3" of snow that you'll have to leave her on the drive. In ½" conditions they do fine.

A couple of people here mentioned the cost - it's only the upfront cost you have to swallow (you can get a set of JDM wheel cheap on here and 17" tyres cost less than 18") and once you have them you do x000 miles on your summer tyres and then y000 on your winter tyres - each set therefore spends half the year in your garage so they last twice as long (Sounds like Irish logic but you know what I mean!) Overall your tyre bill will be no more expensive than it is now and she behaves so much better on winter rubber in the cold, you're much safer in these conditions

(Apologies in advance for upsetting those folks in the emerald isle . . . .)

• Like 2