What has happened to this..??

WhackyWill

personally I like some of the stanced cars to look at, id never do it though, seen a couple of rat look cars aswell that look pretty cool at shows but id never even dream of doing something like that. I just think it expresses the way people feel about their cars and its interesting to see what different tastes people have, after all, if everyone had the same thing it would be boring

+100000000

Not everyone buys a car to go fast. Cars are different things to different people. And seeing what some of the vag owners do alot might say ohh its this or that but they add character and they mods their cars. Mod is the wrong word personalise unlike people on here thinking spacers and a stubby aerial and warrant them being in the next fast and furious.

• Like 3

personally I like some of the stanced cars to look at, id never do it though, seen a couple of rat look cars aswell that look pretty cool at shows but id never even dream of doing something like that. I just think it expresses the way people feel about their cars and its interesting to see what different tastes people have, after all, if everyone had the same thing it would be boring

+100000000

Not everyone buys a car to go fast. Cars are different things to different people. And seeing what some of the vag owners do alot might say ohh its this or that but they add character and they mods their cars. Mod is the wrong word personalise unlike people on here thinking spacers and a stubby aerial and warrant them being in the next fast and furious.

Yes well said both of you :):thumbs:

+100000000

Why ruin a fast car and stance it then. Just get a shitty 1.2 DUB and dump it :D

350z is a Nissan with less than 300bhp and weighs the same as a house. Why not buy a proper fast car.

I thought some had more than 300bhp :stir:

They do of course. But my point being is the 350z isnt the out and out sports car people think or want it to be. It's slower than most diesel barges and pseudo sports cars these days. Doesn't make it a bad thing as the 350 excels in many areas IMO especially the non tangible ones. Plus IMO its a purdy car. BUT don't kid your self into thinking you drive one of thr fastest things on the road as these is many many many things much much much faster than the Z. So if you want to talk about "going fast" then you should have bought a faster more concentrated car.

+100000000

Why ruin a fast car and stance it then. Just get a shitty 1.2 DUB and dump it :D

Because everyone does that. Its about being different and somewhat unique and putting your own personal touches to the car to express what you like and not do what everyone else does. for me its ruining a good sports car and i wouldnt do it but i wouldnt say to someone that the cant do it as its interesting to look at and see what they can produce

• Like 1

350z is a Nissan with less than 300bhp and weighs the same as a house. Why not buy a proper fast car.

They do of course. But my point being is the 350z isnt the out and out sports car people think or want it to be. It's slower than most diesel barges and pseudo sports cars these days. Doesn't make it a bad thing as the 350 excels in many areas IMO especially the non tangible ones. Plus IMO its a purdy car. BUT don't kid your self into thinking you drive one of thr fastest things on the road as these is many many many things much much much faster than the Z. So if you want to talk about "going fast" then you should have bought a faster more concentrated car.

You must have awful driving skills if you think a diesel barge is quicker. Yes its not an out and out sports car but it is still 'fast'. Its quicker than 9 out of 10 cars on the road so therefore it comes under the fast category.

I don't think that's awful driving skill is it considering BMW 335D and Audi 3.0 TDI's have more power stock these days and will see a lot more with a simple remap with a @*!# ton of torque? They are very common on the road these days and no the Z isn't a fast car, it's quick-ish not fast.

• Like 1

I don't think that's awful driving skill is it considering BMW 335D and Audi 3.0 TDI's have more power stock these days and will see a lot more with a simple remap with a @*!# ton of torque? They are very common on the road these days and no the Z isn't a fast car, it's quick-ish not fast.

Yes they have a similar 0-60 time but that's about it. You guys must all drive in straight lines all the time and can't handle corners.

A 335d isn't even that common, there are 10x as many 320d's. I give up....call it what you will.

Over and out.

• Like 1

Cool story bro.

• Like 2

You must have awful driving skills if you think a diesel barge is quicker. Yes its not an out and out sports car but it is still 'fast'. Its quicker than 9 out of 10 cars on the road so therefore it comes under the fast category.

Ha! A fast diesel! What's next? Women having the vote? Abolishing slavery?

It's all relative, the BMW 330D, Merc C350, Audi A4 3 litre diesel, Jag 3.0 diesel S are all close to the 5.7 0-60 of the 350 whereas the BMW 535D has a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds. None of those cars will handle badly and will hold their own in the corners. Ok, they will never be as fun to drive, and they cost more, but they would certainly put up a very good fight against the zed.

Maybe you're just a driving god and should be in a race paddock somewhere :shrug:

Reason for edit: Fixing smiley :)

Edited by Dedman
  • Like 2

Ha! A fast diesel! What's next? Women having the vote? Abolishing slavery?

It's all relative, the BMW 330D, Merc C350, Audi A4 3 litre diesel, Jag 3.0 diesel S are all close to the 5.7 0-60 of the 350 whereas the BMW 535D has a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds. None of those cars will handle badly and will hold their own in the corners. Ok, they will never be as fun to drive, and they cost more, but they would certainly put up a very good fight against the zed.

Maybe you're just a driving god and should be in a race paddock somewhere :shrugs:

Thanks! B)

Wasn't there a couple of pics posted here recently of a slammed light blue Zed, one at a show and another taken after he hit some sort of small bump in the road which literally tore the front end off the car?

Pete

Cool story bro.

Funny thing is i think that means you agree.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...