Mobility Cars (Rant)!!!

stuarty

Ive just read this whole thread from beginning to end twice.

At no point have i suggested that any disabled person:

1) Deserves to be disabled.

2) should lose any benefits.

3) should lose entitlement to a mobility car.

4) are in the same category as benefit scroungers.

Etc etc.

If members take the time to read the whole thread they will see that i withdrew my comment regarding " stickers on there car" to highlight that they are disabled. I understand it could be taken in bad taste, but i didn't intend for this to be the case.

But i still strongly feel that the only people who should qualify for ANY mobility car are one's who simply cant afford to buy there own and if they can afford to allocate some of there benefits to "upgrade there car" then they shouldn't have such benefits.

Lastly, i know the vast majority of people with a disability work and earn their own income, in those cases they should buy their own car.

I almost got myself banned from another car forum for raising a the very same topic however that was on a qashqai forum of which most drivers/members where on mobility. My grandad had a mobility car 15years ago was a small nova that got him from A to B, it did what it was meant to do a true example of what a pmobility car should be like.

My point on the qashqai forum was that if you wanted and needed a qashqai then you should get the basic model and one fella was arguing that he needed the top model for his back "heated seats" what a pile of crap a mobility car should get you around from one point to another, why should tax payers be covering the cost of certain people driving around in luxury when most ppl could never afford hese cars offered on mobility.

We should have choice.....

Apparently it's against their human rights to not allow them to select the car they want, ok I can maybe accept that but as the OP said give them a very small selection of basic models and when covering the cost of tax, band A is covered anything else you pay yourself!!!

When I bought my last qashqai I was in the dealers sat next to the mobility sales man, he was with a customer who was haggling a mobility deal to get car mats, mud flaps, free fuel. I was like " what the f@@k" felt like going over and saying something....

Rant over now.... Well until someone comes along and tries to argue I am talking out my a$$

How about you use all this hot air and enthusiasm actually making a positive difference rather than just regurgitating Daily Mail propaganda at us for 'dramatic forum effect'?

+1

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, my sister has a mobility car and so does my best friend. There is a big purge on people claiming disabilities so let's hope it weeds out some of those that don't deserve it.

You have done 2 and 3. You said they should be means tested, and you don't want people who fail that to have benefits or the car. Please don't try and gain sympathy now by twisting what you've written.

We have take the time to read the thread, and somewhere amongst your ramblings we have a rough idea of where you stand, thanks.

How about you use all this hot air and enthusiasm actually making a positive difference rather than just regurgitating Daily Mail propaganda at us for 'dramatic forum effect'?

+1

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, my sister has a mobility car and so does my best friend. There is a big purge on people claiming disabilities so let's hope it weeds out some of those that don't deserve it.

Dave, i have absolutely no problem with your sister having a mobility car. My problem is what car's are on offer!

You have done 2 and 3. You said they should be means tested, and you don't want people who fail that to have benefits or the car. Please don't try and gain sympathy now by twisting what you've written.

We have take the time to read the thread, and somewhere amongst your ramblings we have a rough idea of where you stand, thanks.

I expected a comment like that from you. I'm not twisting anything. One thing about me is that i'm honest in my comments. If you want to take that as rambling, fair play.

Fact is a mobility car should be fit for purpose and nothing more!

I almost got myself banned from another car forum for raising a the very same topic however that was on a qashqai forum of which most drivers/members where on mobility. My grandad had a mobility car 15years ago was a small nova that got him from A to B, it did what it was meant to do a true example of what a pmobility car should be like.

My point on the qashqai forum was that if you wanted and needed a qashqai then you should get the basic model and one fella was arguing that he needed the top model for his back "heated seats" what a pile of crap a mobility car should get you around from one point to another, why should tax payers be covering the cost of certain people driving around in luxury when most ppl could never afford hese cars offered on mobility.

Apparently it's against their human rights to not allow them to select the car they want, ok I can maybe accept that but as the OP said give them a very small selection of basic models and when covering the cost of tax, band A is covered anything else you pay yourself!!!

When I bought my last qashqai I was in the dealers sat next to the mobility sales man, he was with a customer who was haggling a mobility deal to get car mats, mud flaps, free fuel. I was like " what the f@@k" felt like going over and saying something....

Rant over now.... Well until someone comes along and tries to argue I am talking out my a$$

If he's getting a QQ he is paying a supplement, regardless of spec. It doesn't cost anyone anymore in tax pounds over if he had a fiesta. The award is the same, the bill is the same. Why does the car type matter if the cost is the same to John Q Taxpayer.

If disability is so cushy just wander in the traffic, it comes with a discounted heated seat so it's well worth it. Someone please say they're planning on becoming disabled for the awesome perks, just one, pleeeease.

Lots of issues here for me, if you are genuinely disabled and you are entitled to a vehicle of your choice at a price then fine. If you choose to add to that cost and have an upgraded vehicle that's also fine and clearly some people would require a different vehicle so that they can get in out of it. One vehicle cannot suit every disabled person's needs that is clear. Many years ago I worked with a lovely guy who was genuinely disabled, from birth, and he had one of the three wheeled "suicide" machines as he called it. He couldn't get around without it, unfortunately he was killed instantly when he was hit by another car on his way to work, the police were adamant that he would have survived if he had been in an ordinary car so that option as suggested is not viable either. At that time I believe they were the only disabled persons vehicle made for the purpose, how could any government in this day and age make one particular model the specified vehicle, if it was a Ford, Vauxhall word shout foul and so it would go on, so allowing a vehicle of choice solvs that issue and ensures genuinely disabled people can have the vehicle that best suits there needs. Now, here's the real rub as far as I'm concerned, who is genuinely disabled and who isn't? Surely it is the fault of the system if the procedure or vetting system is open to widespread abuse and in that instance I also would be infuriated to see someone in an M3 or any other vehicle who clearly isn't entitled to one. Sort that out and surely over half of this argument goes away?

• Like 1

I expected a comment like that from you. I'm not twisting anything. One thing about me is that i'm honest in my comments. If you want to take that as rambling, fair play.

Fact is a mobility car should be fit for purpose and nothing more!

What do you mean by "fit for purpose"?

Haven't read through al this thread, was really disgusted on the first page, the lack of understanding of the mobility system, labeling their cars with a big disabled sticker etc is astounding.

There should, however, be labeling for retard knobjockeys that, obviously have an IQ of -6, that way we could spot them. F*cking makes my blood boil, hope none of the dissenters become disabled, or maybe they deserve to be!

Arsholes!!

• Like 1

+1

Dave, i have absolutely no problem with your sister having a mobility car. My problem is what car's are on offer!

Yes but do you know how the system works? You don't just choose a car out of the catalogue and get it for free!

When I took my Aston to be serviced in Derby, there was a guy in a wheelchair waiting for his to be serviced too ... my only thought was 'good on yer' for having the car you want and living life as you choose ... you're only here once !

• Like 1

Argument ender

Sort out the system so the nhs can actually check if the disabled are actually disabled depending on how their disablement effects then. If their disabled through knees and pushing a car, court case.

If nhs allows 200poubd for basic model, and mr.disabled wants to use his own money (which is for hobbies etc) on a better model, so be it. Their all on the same pay because they cant work. If granny can go bingo then mr.back can put that same money into heated seats.

• Like 1

I am disabled ex serviceman and got my disability whilst serving in Northern Ireland on the 2nd occasion.

For years I refused to believe that if I wanted I could have done naff all so worked my butt off and unknowingly made myself worse.

I had to give up full time work about 8 years ago.

Although I am on here as a trader I am very limited to what I can do hence I do the odd job (Declared) and I can do 16 hrs a week.

Though at the moment I cant do a great deal. I suffer from Chroninc Cluster headaches. Reiters Syndrome. Sever Ankylosing Spondilitis. A constant busted toe and now full blown Osteoporosis. I go into Hospital 4-5 times a year on a pain drip. And I have a Zed! I got it on a thing called Motorbility HP. Motorbility is a charity that held disabled people by leading a normal life as possible so they dont have to go through life listening to bias twats with the IQ of a Chocolate frog forever labeling them. I get £50 a week towards mobility costs and can either get a normal car and run around in ie a picaso or Skoda. After 3 years the car goes back to the dealership and exchanged. But you have nothing to show for it. I don't drink or smoke and saved through the years I could work taking massive hits when off sick for 6-9 months at a time. I part exchanged my last car giving £10k toward my Nissan 350 because 1 I wanted one and 2 I know that soon the steroids I am on that have caused the Osteoporosis are going to leave me in a wheelchair. Some of you have seen me struggling in and out of my Zed and have helped me out on occasion as i get stuck.

I personally think this is funny. What I don't find funny is someone who has all his bits and bobs trying to tell me to get into the nearside lane. I try to live as much of a normal life as I can. So do my mates who got blown up in the Guildford pub bombings 2 who are/were soldiers but was not put to print so to raise the spirits of the IRA. I will be down at the Grass Hopper on Sunday if anyone wants to see a disabled person (with a blue badge) in a 470bhp Zed. I will even let you take pictures:)

Hope this helps:)

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 11

If he's getting a QQ he is paying a supplement, regardless of spec. It doesn't cost anyone anymore in tax pounds over if he had a fiesta. The award is the same, the bill is the same. Why does the car type matter if the cost is the same to John Q Taxpayer.

If disability is so cushy just wander in the traffic, it comes with a discounted heated seat so it's well worth it. Someone please say they're planning on becoming disabled for the awesome perks, just one, pleeeease.

Did I say disability was cushy? "NO" did I say I want to be on disability "NO"

The point I am making is that no matter how much it costs the OP has a valid point, if you need a mobility car then you should get something that costs rock bottom and gets you from A to B resulting is the least cost to tax payers. If you get a mobility car and select something like a top spec qashqai it doesn't cost you anything other than a one off advanced payment of something like 500 quid then your good to go.

I am disabled ex serviceman and got my disability whilst serving in Northern Ireland on the 2nd occasion.

For years I refused to believe that if I wanted I could have naff all so work my butt off and unknowingly made myself worse.

Although I am on here as a trader I am very limited to what I can do hence I do the odd job (Declared) and I can do 16 hrs a week.

Though at the moment I cant do a great deal. I suffer from Chroninc Cluster headaches. Reiters Syndrome. Sever Ankylosing Spondilitis. A constant buster toe and now full blown Osteoporosis. I go into Hospital 4-5 times a year on a pain drip. And I have a Zed! I got it on a thing called Motorbility HP. Motorbility is a charity that held disabled people by leading a normal life as possible so they dont have to go through life listening to bias twats with the IQ of a Chocolate frog forever labeling them. I get £50 a week towards mobility costs and can either get a normal car and run around in ie a picaso or Skoda. After 3 years the car goes back to the dealership and exchanged. But you have nothing to show for it. I don't drink or smoke and saved through the years I could work taking massive hits when off sick for 6-9 months at a time. I part exchanged my last car giving £10k toward my Nissan 350 because 1 I wanted one and 2 I know that soon the steroids I am on that have caused the Osteoporosis are going to leave me in a wheelchair. Some of you have seen me struggling in and out of my Zed and have helped me out on occasion as i get stuck.

I personally think this is funny. What I don't find funny is someone who has all his bits and bobs trying to tell me to get into the nearside lane. I try to live as much of a normal life as I can. So do my mates who got blown up in the Giuldford pub bombings 2 who are/were soldiers but was not put to print so to raise the spirits of the IRA. I will be down at the Grass Hopper on Sunday if anyone wants to see a disabled person (with a blue badge) in a 470bhp Zed. I will even let you take pictures:)

:thumbs::#1:

Not sure if anyone else watched it but there was a new series started called benefits 1949. It took current claimants and got them to live the 1949 system when it was first introduced. I found it fascinating and not in the way I thought I would. It was very insightful. Well worth a watch as it covers areas concerning pensioners, disability, health and dole. Next week covers council housing.

Not sure if anyone else watched it but there was a new series started called benefits 1949. It took current claimants and got them to live the 1949 system when it was first introduced. I found it fascinating and not in the way I thought I would. It was very insightful. Well worth a watch as it covers areas concerning pensioners, disability, health and dole. Next week covers council housing.

Channel, day and time?

For years I refused to believe that if I wanted I could have done naff all so worked my butt off and unknowingly made myself worse.

Though at the moment I cant do a great deal. I suffer from Chroninc Cluster headaches. Reiters Syndrome. Sever Ankylosing Spondilitis. A constant busted toe and now full blown Osteoporosis. I go into Hospital 4-5 times a year on a pain drip. And I have a Zed! I got it on a thing called Motorbility HP. Motorbility is a charity that held disabled people by leading a normal life as possible so they dont have to go through life listening to bias twats with the IQ of a Chocolate frog forever labeling them. I get £50 a week towards mobility costs and can either get a normal car and run around in ie a picaso or Skoda. After 3 years the car goes back to the dealership and exchanged. But you have nothing to show for it. I don't drink or smoke and saved through the years I could work taking massive hits when off sick for 6-9 months at a time. I part exchanged my last car giving £10k toward my Nissan 350 because 1 I wanted one and 2 I know that soon the steroids I am on that have caused the Osteoporosis are going to leave me in a wheelchair. Some of you have seen me struggling in and out of my Zed and have helped me out on occasion as i get stuck.

I personally think this is funny. What I don't find funny is someone who has all his bits and bobs trying to tell me to get into the nearside lane. I try to live as much of a normal life as I can. So do my mates who got blown up in the Guildford pub bombings 2 who are/were soldiers but was not put to print so to raise the spirits of the IRA. I will be down at the Grass Hopper on Sunday if anyone wants to see a disabled person (with a blue badge) in a 470bhp Zed. I will even let you take pictures:)

Thanks for explaining it Pete, I am at work and was going to start to try and explain that of course ANY vehicle can be a 'mobility' vehicle but you only get the allowance that is allowed for your particular disability so someone with say only 1 leg could drive a Kia Picanto or a Ferrari but they would only get the same allowance.

There are also lots of other benefits too depending on what packages you take out I am sure my friend has servicing included and tyres etc are covered too, so basically all he pays is for fuel but seeing as he is in a wheelchair it is his only way of getting his kids to school etc

• Like 1

Channel, day and time?

You have Sky+, look it up you lazy sod :p