Mobility Cars (Rant)!!!

stuarty

Pisses me off that folk can get any car they want with their mobility benefits. I know someone who uses his mobility to pay towards the cost of a new M3. Also, his full road tax gets covered.

Fact is, all mobility cars should be the same make and model, same colour and should also be wrapped with a big disabled logo on the side. That way they wouldn't need a daft wee badge.

If you don't take the car offered, tough, get the bus!

Also 2 cars should be available one for folk who don't need a wheel chair and a slightly larger car for folk who have disabled appliances!

Edited by stuarty
  • Like 1

I disagree. My mate broke all his ankle in military, and he has to get disabled car for the switch over pedal. For him to get an m3, he pays a certain amouny more per month. So... focus is the standard car for free. For a focus st u pay 100piund a month, for m3 u pay 239 a month. They should be entitled to have a car they want and not be told they must let everyone know their disabled

• Like 1

I agree with Ddcboyle.

Give them a certain amount, if they want to top it up then go ahead. If I was crippled suddenly I'd like the choice to drive something fun rather than a generic flid wagon, thank you very much.

Edited by Ekona

I disagree. My mate broke all his ankle in military, and he has to get disabled car for the switch over pedal. For him to get an m3, he pays a certain amouny more per month. So... focus is the standard car for free. For a focus st u pay 100piund a month, for m3 u pay 239 a month. They should be entitled to have a car they want and not be told they must let everyone know their disabled

didn't know they had to pay some money, I thought they got whatever they wanted. why do they not pay tax?

I couldn't disagree more! Every mobility car should be a practical car tat suits everyone. All the same colour and defo ave a big sign on it. Far too many folk ripping the **** out of it!

There's an elderly lady in my street who is 87 years old with 2 walking sticks. Takes her 20 minutes to walk less tan 200m to catch the bus at the end of the road every morning. Then i see a tosser driving his mobility car to the nature reserve along the road, jump out and walk his dog a few moles everyday!

If you are desperate enough, you should be grateful for any car you get otherwise our not needing it enough!

Nope they pay a certain amount. My mate got a 1.9 diesel astra for 50quid a month, no insurance or tax to pay just fuel. But he wanted a vxr but cant afford the 150 extra a month as he has to find a new job aswell, so its not just... have an m3 for free.

And 100% disagree with big disabled sign plastrred on the sign. Thats like someone having cancer and sticking tattoo on their forehead. I know thats not the way u meant it to come accross, but thats how it is

I agree with Ddcboyle.

Give them a certain amount, if they want to top it up then go ahead. If I was crippled suddenly I'd like the choice to drive something fun rather than a generic flid wagon, thank you very much.

Disagree, if they can get in and out a sports car, give them a bus pass instead and let them buy whatever car they want. Also disability allowance for a car should be means tested. Why should someone who has plenty cash, be given a brand new car?

They need to scrap all these benefits, give only to the most in need and increase whatever they give pensioners who PAID into the system more and all the pensioners who didn't food vouchers!

I couldn't disagree more! Every mobility car should be a practical car tat suits everyone. All the same colour and defo ave a big sign on it. Far too many folk ripping the **** out of it!

There's an elderly lady in my street who is 87 years old with 2 walking sticks. Takes her 20 minutes to walk less tan 200m to catch the bus at the end of the road every morning. Then i see a tosser driving his mobility car to the nature reserve along the road, jump out and walk his dog a few moles everyday!

If you are desperate enough, you should be grateful for any car you get otherwise our not needing it enough!

Okay so my mate that served his country and in process messed his ankle up isnt allowed a nice car because hes disabled??? Yes its paid for, but so are all ur medication and police force. And disabled sign can screw right off. Id hate it someone saying that. The government help disabled people out because thats nhs cover we all pay into

U can see a person walking fine but u have no idea their situation. My mum has disabled badge (not a car though atm), she can walk fine, but she cant walk for long periods or sit for long periods. So u will see her park in disabled and walk out fine, 30minutes into shopping her legs can give way and she will struggle to walk... so thats why shes in disabled parking. Dont judge someone because they may walk fine.

On the car note. U say give them a basic car. Say that costs 200quid a month and nhs covers rhat.. whats ur issue with them paying a bit extra for a nice car? Its @*!# enough for then struggling and being judged for being disabled as it is. My mate is so limited to jobs, so yeh limit him to a @*!# car too why not

Nope they pay a certain amount. My mate got a 1.9 diesel astra for 50quid a month, no insurance or tax to pay just fuel. But he wanted a vxr but cant afford the 150 extra a month as he has to find a new job aswell, so its not just... have an m3 for free.

And 100% disagree with big disabled sign plastrred on the sign. Thats like someone having cancer and sticking tattoo on their forehead. I know thats not the way u meant it to come accross, but thats how it is

No thats exactly how i meant it!

If you are so in need that you require a mobility car then everyone who pays tax should know it!

Fact is most benefits are essential but mobility cars are a luxury this country cant afford. A bus pass would get them where ever they need to go just the same!

I must admit I don't understand it. Why not make them pay for a car and the tax like the rest of us? Just adapt the car for their disability for free if needed. If they can't afford a car then just give them a standard one (focus or something) not give them a choice. I'd love a Ariel Atom but I can't afford it so I won't get it despite how much I moan about not having it. Also don't agree with the big disabled badge.

• Like 1

I agree with Ddcboyle.

Disagree, if they can get in and out a sports car, give them a bus pass instead and let them buy whatever car they want. Also disability allowance for a car should be means tested. Why should someone who has plenty cash, be given a brand new car?

They need to scrap all these benefits, give only to the most in need and increase whatever they give pensioners who PAID into the system more and all the pensioners who didn't food vouchers!

So ur saying to the millionaires who spent 40% of their cash on tax to go buy their own car even thiugh they pay into the system more than us?

And focus on the dole punters who wont work in mcdonalds rather than disabled people. If they have a car its not cus they went "sore baxk gimme a car", its because a doctor has decided it. And what if they get sore back but love sporrs cars? And can handle a nice 30minute drive to be a normal life, then sit back in their chair for the other 23 hr 30?

Okay so my mate that served his country and in process messed his ankle up isnt allowed a nice car because hes disabled??? Yes its paid for, but so are all ur medication and police force. And disabled sign can screw right off. Id hate it someone saying that. The government help disabled people out because thats nhs cover we all pay into

U can see a person walking fine but u have no idea their situation. My mum has disabled badge (not a car though atm), she can walk fine, but she cant walk for long periods or sit for long periods. So u will see her park in disabled and walk out fine, 30minutes into shopping her legs can give way and she will struggle to walk... so thats why shes in disabled parking. Dont judge someone because they may walk fine.

On the car note. U say give them a basic car. Say that costs 200quid a month and nhs covers rhat.. whats ur issue with them paying a bit extra for a nice car? Its @*!# enough for then struggling and being judged for being disabled as it is. My mate is so limited to jobs, so yeh limit him to a @*!# car too why not

I hold all our Military in high esteem, but they do get paid, they do get a pension, they know that there's a risk that they will go to war and get injured. They all know this when they sign up.

A disabled badge is one thing a brand new car every 2 years at the expense of the tax ayer is another!

Dont shoot me, the statistics are there to be read. This country cant afford to keep this up!!

For your mate in the forces, fair enough. I have the upmost respect for anyone who risks their lives to protect the country I call home. Personally I wish all war veterans were treated a lot better but I wish the forces did this so that it only applied to servicemen. For your mum, not in as much agreement. So your mum has a disability and needs support, fine. But so does my grandma who can't walk for more then 10 seconds (literally has to sit down on the stairs half way up them) and she gets nothing except her bus pass. Why is your mum more deserving than my grandma?

• Like 2

I agree with Ddcboyle.

So ur saying to the millionaires who spent 40% of their cash on tax to go buy their own car even thiugh they pay into the system more than us?

And focus on the dole punters who wont work in mcdonalds rather than disabled people. If they have a car its not cus they went "sore baxk gimme a car", its because a doctor has decided it. And what if they get sore back but love sporrs cars? And can handle a nice 30minute drive to be a normal life, then sit back in their chair for the other 23 hr 30?

If they can drive a nice sports car, great. Let them buy themselves 2! But if they want a practical car that is ESSENTIAL for them to attend hospital appointments or doctors appointments then give them a yellow fiat panda with a disabled sign. That way we can all politely help them go about there business and give them priority.

C'mom mate, you must be pi**ed when you see folk drive up in there E class or M class slap the disabled badge on the window WHEN it suits them.

It's not means tested because the benefit is to offset the cost of disability, this is a cost regardless of how rich you are, much like education is free even if you are rich. As for the big logo, I can only assume this is a joke.

Motability awards mean the claimant can choose to top up for different vehicles, so it's not simply ask for an M3 and it turns up outside freshly detailed.

Living with a serious disability is not something that's even close to being made up by having a benefit to get assistance with car ownership, would having a disabled child be ok for you if he/she came with money off a GTR? If it is that great a deal I assume you're planning to hack off a leg and get whatever car you want? Massive win yeah?

If a minority of people take the **** out of the benefit system, there's no need to punish people with genuine needs.

• Like 1

Agree with ur gran. I thjnk if they cant walk much they should be entitled for that but obviously there will be those who abuse the system.

U keep mentioning "we cant afford this" a 20grand car.... we spent 600,000 per day on military ranges per flying uniy. Justify that? Tats alot of money everyday for trajning. Dole punters, sack that and give food coupons. Ur picking on the wronf people first. Sort the dole out, then the housing and nhs giving weed out, then u can go onto disabled.

My mate was injured and downgraded for 3years. Raf decided they couldnt fix him and kicked him out. Hes still in a ccrut and injury has moved to his knee and hip and he is getting a payout of like 50k and no pension til hes 55. So that 55k will last him nothing. U all think the military get supported. They dont. We get chinned off and booted out. Ive done 6years If I leave now, its no pension or anything. My mate is rejected by jobs because hes disabled, no matter how jobs say they help injured people and ex military its a lot of crap.

My father in law had his leg amputated when he was 18 as a result of a work related injury. He died a few years ago aged 65. All his days he received his disability allowances. He choose not to take the car and instead used the money for whatever else. Moral of this story is, if he could get about using public transport, 75% of others in the same position can.

So tell me again why they need a free car? Or help towards whatever car they want?

• Like 1

Okay if u get disabled ill make sure u never ever get behind the wheel yeah? So if someone hits u in the road, just know that ur never gonna drive and if I do let u drive, im gonna make sure every single person knows ur ddisabled and crippled by sticking a big sticker on ur crappy 1.2 punto.

Sound fair?

And go take a photo of every house with a bus stop outside it... my house is 10minute walk from a bus stop. So.... explain? Taxi everywhere? People want a freedom since they cant ski and play football with their kids. If 1 person out of 50 abuses the system, let it go. Dont ruin the other 49 people who jjustwant to live a normal life

Okay if u get disabled ill make sure u never ever get behind the wheel yeah? So if someone hits u in the road, just know that ur never gonna drive and if I do let u drive, im gonna make sure every single person knows ur ddisabled and crippled by sticking a big sticker on ur crappy 1.2 punto.

Sound fair?

Sounds fair to me!

If i were in an accident and could no longer work and i had to go to regular medical appointments and the only 2 options were get the bus or drive a disability car like the old robin reliant used to be i'd gratefully take the car.

BTW, when did it become everyone's god given right to own a car. Remember its a luxury item!!!!!!

So basically, you're saying that if you're disabled then tough luck, you deserve to be singled out as a cripple forever?

Dude, I'm as hard-nosed as they come, but even I find that a bit cold. I would rather my tax money go to getting disabled people cars than to anyone who chooses to breed. That's a much bigger waste of money, as they have a choice: I'm pretty sure that the disabled do not.

• Like 9

And go take a photo of every house with a bus stop outside it... my house is 10minute walk from a bus stop. So.... explain? Taxi everywhere? People want a freedom since they cant ski and play football with their kids. If 1 person out of 50 abuses the system, let it go. Dont ruin the other 49 people who jjustwant to live a normal life

Explain to me why i know lots of folk, who simply cant afford any car and who have to rely on public transport or jock's pony to get from A to B?

A car is not an essential item. Its a luxury. Also the St Andrew's ambulance service has a perfectly good PTS service for folk like your friend and its free at point of use. What more ould you ask for?