Mobility Cars (Rant)!!!

stuarty

Argument ender

Sort out the system so the nhs can actually check if the disabled are actually disabled depending on how their disablement effects then. If their disabled through knees and pushing a car, court case.

True story.

They're already doing this (albeit through private healthcare professionals not neccessarily via the NHS, though GPs and other professionals do provide reports on disability of claimants) through the PIP reforms. The lifetime awards under DLA (which is the gateway benefit) are ending, all DLA claimants will eventually be reassessed for PIP and those with conditions which are likely to change over time will be set reassessment dates or in many cases (if the ESA migration from IB is anything to go by) will have the benefit reduced or stopped.

I almost got myself banned from another car forum for raising a the very same topic however that was on a qashqai forum of which most drivers/members where on mobility. My grandad had a mobility car 15years ago was a small nova that got him from A to B, it did what it was meant to do a true example of what a pmobility car should be like.

My point on the qashqai forum was that if you wanted and needed a qashqai then you should get the basic model and one fella was arguing that he needed the top model for his back "heated seats" what a pile of crap a mobility car should get you around from one point to another, why should tax payers be covering the cost of certain people driving around in luxury when most ppl could never afford hese cars offered on mobility.

We should have choice.....

Apparently it's against their human rights to not allow them to select the car they want, ok I can maybe accept that but as the OP said give them a very small selection of basic models and when covering the cost of tax, band A is covered anything else you pay yourself!!!

When I bought my last qashqai I was in the dealers sat next to the mobility sales man, he was with a customer who was haggling a mobility deal to get car mats, mud flaps, free fuel. I was like " what the f@@k" felt like going over and saying something....

Rant over now.... Well until someone comes along and tries to argue I am talking out my a$$

If he's getting a QQ he is paying a supplement, regardless of spec. It doesn't cost anyone anymore in tax pounds over if he had a fiesta. The award is the same, the bill is the same. Why does the car type matter if the cost is the same to John Q Taxpayer.

If disability is so cushy just wander in the traffic, it comes with a discounted heated seat so it's well worth it. Someone please say they're planning on becoming disabled for the awesome perks, just one, pleeeease.

Did I say disability was cushy? "NO" did I say I want to be on disability "NO"

The point I am making is that no matter how much it costs the OP has a valid point, if you need a mobility car then you should get something that costs rock bottom and gets you from A to B resulting is the least cost to tax payers. If you get a mobility car and select something like a top spec qashqai it doesn't cost you anything other than a one off advanced payment of something like 500 quid then your good to go.

Simply incorrect. The amount deducted from your DLA award changes by vehicle, in addition to the upfront one off payment which can be 500 quid or zeo for some, simple, vehicles.

Have a read here if you want

http://www.motability.co.uk/whats-on-and-get-involved/fundraise-and-support-us/why-we-need-to-fundraise/

Note the contribution to scheme from voluntary donations and also corporate contributions.

Lots of issues here for me, if you are genuinely disabled and you are entitled to a vehicle of your choice at a price then fine. If you choose to add to that cost and have an upgraded vehicle that's also fine and clearly some people would require a different vehicle so that they can get in out of it. One vehicle cannot suit every disabled person's needs that is clear. Many years ago I worked with a lovely guy who was genuinely disabled, from birth, and he had one of the three wheeled "suicide" machines as he called it. He couldn't get around without it, unfortunately he was killed instantly when he was hit by another car on his way to work, the police were adamant that he would have survived if he had been in an ordinary car so that option as suggested is not viable either. At that time I believe they were the only disabled persons vehicle made for the purpose, how could any government in this day and age make one particular model the specified vehicle, if it was a Ford, Vauxhall word shout foul and so it would go on, so allowing a vehicle of choice solvs that issue and ensures genuinely disabled people can have the vehicle that best suits there needs. Now, here's the real rub as far as I'm concerned, who is genuinely disabled and who isn't? Surely it is the fault of the system if the procedure or vetting system is open to widespread abuse and in that instance I also would be infuriated to see someone in an M3 or any other vehicle who clearly isn't entitled to one. Sort that out and surely over half of this argument goes away?

Sorry about your friend.

The thing is, i feel that a disabled person should only get the car that they need. If its a fiesta fine, if its a large people carrier thats fit for purpose fine, Also, if you genuinely need a larger vehicle, my opinion is it should be provided with NO contribution from the person if thats What their disability dictates. But i also feel that you should not be able to upgrade purely as a luxury.

You have done 2 and 3. You said they should be means tested, and you don't want people who fail that to have benefits or the car. Please don't try and gain sympathy now by twisting what you've written.

We have take the time to read the thread, and somewhere amongst your ramblings we have a rough idea of where you stand, thanks.

I expected a comment like that from you. I'm not twisting anything. One thing about me is that i'm honest in my comments. If you want to take that as rambling, fair play.

Fact is a mobility car should be fit for purpose and nothing more!

What do you mean by "fit for purpose"?

What i mean s a car thats suitable for tat individuals needs and no more.

Furthermore if a medically trained practitioner states your disability demands a larger car then it should be provided totally free with no advance payment, as long as its 100% required.

Haven't read through al this thread, was really disgusted on the first page, the lack of understanding of the mobility system, labeling their cars with a big disabled sticker etc is astounding.

There should, however, be labeling for retard knobjockeys that, obviously have an IQ of -6, that way we could spot them. F*cking makes my blood boil, hope none of the dissenters become disabled, or maybe they deserve to be!

Arsholes!!

Maybe you should read the whole thread then!

Edited by stuarty

How about you use all this hot air and enthusiasm actually making a positive difference rather than just regurgitating Daily Mail propaganda at us for 'dramatic forum effect'?

+1

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, my sister has a mobility car and so does my best friend. There is a big purge on people claiming disabilities so let's hope it weeds out some of those that don't deserve it.

Dave, i have absolutely no problem with your sister having a mobility car. My problem is what car's are on offer!

Yes but do you know how the system works? You don't just choose a car out of the catalogue and get it for free!

Yes, i understand the system!

Haven't read through al this thread, was really disgusted on the first page, the lack of understanding of the mobility system, labeling their cars with a big disabled sticker etc is astounding.

There should, however, be labeling for retard knobjockeys that, obviously have an IQ of -6, that way we could spot them. F*cking makes my blood boil, hope none of the dissenters become disabled, or maybe they deserve to be!

Arsholes!!

Maybe you should read the whole thread then!

Too disgusted in the first page to bother buddy, but hopefully, you'll neither need or be labeled in your car, whether mentally or physically challenged, I stand by my post.

Edited by The G Man

Not sure if anyone else watched it but there was a new series started called benefits 1949. It took current claimants and got them to live the 1949 system when it was first introduced. I found it fascinating and not in the way I thought I would. It was very insightful. Well worth a watch as it covers areas concerning pensioners, disability, health and dole. Next week covers council housing.

Yeah, watched it, very interesting. Shocked that the disabled who had never worked got nothing and had to rely on family and charity.

Things have came a long way thankfully, but a little to far imo!

Fact is, all mobility cars should be the same make and model, same colour and should also be wrapped with a big disabled logo on the side. That way they wouldn't need a daft wee badge.

Can you explain this? What a statement. Really using your ability to debate here.

Can you not see something wrong in this statement?

There used to be a car that was blue, had three wheels and was inherently dangerous, that was deemed ok for the disabled, mind you, we were still sending children up chimneys then.

Edited by The G Man

Arsholes!!

+1,000,000

I was about to comment on this thread but G-man basically said what I was about too only a lot politer.

To the OP'er my wife is disable and yes she has a car on the mobility scheme.

She has undergone surgery 4 times in an attempt to improve her mobility the last operation almost killed her due to complications.

The way you want to label my wife because she has a mobility car wasn't and isn't appreciated.

Before you open your gob in future do some research.

Pathetic narrow minded people who agree with the OP'.

I hope you never have to suffer a disability or serious illness.

OR DO I?

Having mobility is a hobby? So legally disabled people should be told to stay at home? Look I'm not commenting on this anymore because you've already said to stick big disabled stickers on they're cars so we can tell they are using mobility benefit. What else would you like. Labels for people on the dole. O tell you what how about you just tattoo their claim numbers on their arms and have done with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Now theres a thought. I could make some money out of this. Tattoo anyone.

Fact is, all mobility cars should be the same make and model, same colour and should also be wrapped with a big disabled logo on the side. That way they wouldn't need a daft wee badge.

Can you explain this? What a statement. Really using your ability to debate here.

There used to be a car that was blue, had three wheels and was inherently dangerous, that was deemed ok for the disabled, mind you, we were still sending children up chimneys then.

Read the whole thread please!

Having mobility is a hobby? So legally disabled people should be told to stay at home? Look I'm not commenting on this anymore because you've already said to stick big disabled stickers on they're cars so we can tell they are using mobility benefit. What else would you like. Labels for people on the dole. O tell you what how about you just tattoo their claim numbers on their arms and have done with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Now theres a thought. I could make some money out of this. Tattoo anyone.

Dont quote me in this post. This member wrongly quoted me. It was another member that made that comment!

Ive just read this whole thread from beginning to end twice.

At no point have i suggested that any disabled person:

1) Deserves to be disabled.

2) should lose any benefits.

3) should lose entitlement to a mobility car.

4) are in the same category as benefit scroungers.

Etc etc.

If members take the time to read the whole thread they will see that i withdrew my comment regarding " stickers on there car" to highlight that they are disabled. I understand it could be taken in bad taste, but i didn't intend for this to be the case.

But i still strongly feel that the only people who should qualify for ANY mobility car are one's who simply cant afford to buy there own and if they can afford to allocate some of there benefits to "upgrade there car" then they shouldn't have such benefits.

Lastly, i know the vast majority of people with a disability work and earn their own income, in those cases they should buy their own car.

Posted several pages back!

I have, your first post states it, can you explain it, what about rounding up disabled people and putting them in a special, easy to recognise camp? Then we could all recognise them.

Buddy, whether you like it or not, your very first post IS offensive, how you can continue to try and justify your position is beyond me, you should be banned!

I'm really struggling to understand why you feel disabled people should not be allowed choice?

What you mean is you've lost the argument but won't back down.

Maybe you should get a large badge on your Z

Saying:

T.WAT.

Because that label suits.

Edited by Harryjax

I'm really struggling to understand why you feel disabled people should not be allowed choice?

I did:- "What i mean s a car thats suitable for tat individuals needs and no more."

I have, your first post states it, can you explain it, what about rounding up disabled people and putting them in a special, easy to recognise camp? Then we could all recognise them.

Buddy, whether you like it or not, your very first post IS offensive, how you can continue to try and justify your position is beyond me, you should be banned!

As a result of this thread i have already Pm'd all administrators to delete my membership!

Fact is, this country cant possibly keep up with the level of benefits that are provided. My position is crystal clear, if you need a car, you get it free. If you need a larger car, you get it free. If you want a sportier/ prestige car you buy it yourself, if you can afford to offset £200 per month towards a car ontop of what you already get, you should be buying your own!

Umm i just read it again to be sure and read this in your opening statement.

"If you don't take the car offered, tough, get the bus!"

That suggests no choice to me.