Mobility Cars (Rant)!!!

stuarty

For first time stuarty I agree with u. I see people who should have a car and dont. And those who shouldnt have a car but do. But thats not disableds fault or should have a worse car. Thats for the government to give more money to nhs rather than the dole or 900million pounds to pakistan after their crisis when pakistans main spendature is on importing ak47's.

• Like 1

Stuarty are u even reading what we type? Government gives them 200quid for a focus... get rhat 200 and put it on an m3 and pay 300 extra yourself with ur wages.

What dont u understand about this???

Are you not reading what ive wrote?

Mobility cars should be means tested. If you can afford the extra £300 to fund a better car, then you shouldn't get the initial £200 in the first place. Just buy a car with you £300.

So if i were entitled to £500 per month housing benefit and i can afford to put another £500 to it, should i be able to do this and buy a bigger better house? No!

I wouldn't stop at big stickers on the cars Stuarty, you need to tackle the problem much earlier at primary school where they are costing the tax payer money, orange vests, and made to sit in the corner! Infact don't even let them go to school, keep them out of sight. Other people have had similar ideas, but they were mad dictators or clinically insane, or both.

Ok, i really recent this comment!

I'm simple talking about mobility cars this is at another level!

No offense intended Stuarty, I just thought "should also be wrapped with a big disabled logo on the side." .was perhaps a little extreme, :shrug:

Yeah maybe i was a bit harsh with that comment, but I've had a rough day watching people being discriminated to fund other people luxury's!!!

Stuarty are u even reading what we type? Government gives them 200quid for a focus... get rhat 200 and put it on an m3 and pay 300 extra yourself with ur wages.

Mobility cars should be means tested. If you can afford the extra £300 to fund a better car, then you shouldn't get the initial £200 in the first place. Just buy a car with you £300.

So if i were entitled to £500 per month housing benefit and i can afford to put another £500 to it, should i be able to do this and buy a bigger better house? No!

Yes but if every disabled person get 1k a month. If u get a car they give u 200 for a car and 800 pay. If a car is ur hobbie, then yes u can add 300 of ur 800 to the car and have 500 for the rest u need.

Only one quick thing to add. Governments own figures show that benefit fraud (because someone said about stats earlier on in the post) etc makes up a tiny amount of the overall benefit bill. Most benefits are paid to people that need em. As for mobility cars. Not sure. Should help people retain their mobility without a doubt and that's the most important thing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

The biggest claimants of welfare support are pensioners, they are currently the biggest drain on society. I think they account for something like 80% of the welfare bill. Disability claimants are a very small allocation.

Yes but if every disabled person get 1k a month. If u get a car they give u 200 for a car and 800 pay. If a car is ur hobbie, then yes u can add 300 of ur 800 to the car and have 500 for the rest u need.

Fact is its a benefit mate! It shouldn't be used to fund hobbies. I really don't think your grasping the seriousness of the dire state the health service is in! Think about what this "hobby money" could be used for!

I can understand both sides of the argument, having friends who are disabled and pay extra to get a car they would like on the scheme and parents who are disabled who given their situation should be allowed on the scheme but weren't for one crazy reason or another.

But stuart i really don't think you did yourself any favours in the way you expressed your point. Im a relaxed person but even i got wound up by the way you made your point. Your anger at your friend and resentment over his taking advantage of the system then turned into a blanket statement that disabled people shouldnt have any choice as to the type or colour of vehicle they drive and should all have big stickers to highlight the fact they are disabled.

Rather than put forward a logical argument the only outcome of your post is to wind people up - which it did.

• Like 3

Only one quick thing to add. Governments own figures show that benefit fraud (because someone said about stats earlier on in the post) etc makes up a tiny amount of the overall benefit bill. Most benefits are paid to people that need em. As for mobility cars. Not sure. Should help people retain their mobility without a doubt and that's the most important thing

I whole heartily agree, mobility is paramount to lead a meaningful life. But there's mobility and theres mobility!

Having mobility is a hobby? So legally disabled people should be told to stay at home? Look I'm not commenting on this anymore because you've already said to stick big disabled stickers on they're cars so we can tell they are using mobility benefit. What else would you like. Labels for people on the dole. O tell you what how about you just tattoo their claim numbers on their arms and have done with it.

The biggest claimants of welfare support are pensioners, they are currently the biggest drain on society. I think they account for something like 80% of the welfare bill. Disability claimants are a very small allocation.

Yeah, but todays pensioners paid for there pension in advance. Its not their fault the bankers fecked their investment up. Also the government don't take into account "top up benefits" like tax credits.

Some folk get more top up benefits than someone who doesn't work. The number unemployed and receiving benefits is misleading to say the least. The government would rather you worked a few hour a day and get top up benefits instead of being unemployed because the numbers look better at election time!

Okay so if they cant work remove their hobbie money too?

The nhs might be struggling but it isnt because disables and old people. Its because the government are spending money on immigrants who dont work, dole punters, families of 200 and world crisis in pakistan who are practically our enemies. Ur focusing on the wrong people mate

• Like 1

I can understand both sides of the argument, having friends who are disabled and pay extra to get a car they would like on the scheme and parents who are disabled who given their situation should be allowed on the scheme but weren't for one crazy reason or another.

But stuart i really don't think you did yourself any favours in the way you expressed your point. Im a relaxed person but even i got wound up by the way you made your point. Your anger at your friend and resentment over his taking advantage of the system then turned into a blanket statement that disabled people shouldnt have any choice as to the type or colour of vehicle they drive and should all have big stickers to highlight the fact they are disabled.

Rather than put forward a logical argument the only outcome of your post is to wind people up - which it did.

Sorry you feel tat way!

Could it not be that i'm simply fecked off by the way others go without essential items to fund this scheme?

How many times has someone said to you "why do you need a car like that" when commenting on your zed. Fact is there correct, you dont need such a car to get from A to B. But you choose to do so because its your choice what you do with your hard earned cash. But benefits are benefits!

Ive already pointed out earlier that my comment regarding the big sign on the car was harsh, but did so out of frustration after a nasty day!

Having mobility is a hobby? So legally disabled people should be told to stay at home? Look I'm not commenting on this anymore because you've already said to stick big disabled stickers on they're cars so we can tell they are using mobility benefit. What else would you like. Labels for people on the dole. O tell you what how about you just tattoo their claim numbers on their arms and have done with it.

Dude, what are you talking about?

Your quoting me when it was someone else who referred to it as a hobby. I suggest you go back a page and read the post in question and get off your high horse!

Their benefits are their pay!!!! Some of them cannot work at all.... and yes they can spent it on whatever thay want. If they go buy coke and sniff if off a hookers breasts, go for it because they didnt choose to be disabled and making the most of what they cclass as a pathetic life which were paying into the tax to make better for them.

Argue at the dole punters with a 300k house at 18 and money for weed because they dnt want to work

• Like 1

Their benefits are their pay!!!! Some of them cannot work at all.... and yes they can spent it on whatever thay want. If they go buy coke and sniff if off a hookers breasts, go for it because they didnt choose to be disabled and making the most of what they cclass as a pathetic life which were paying into the tax to make better for them.

Argue at the dole punters with a 300k house at 18 and money for weed because they dnt want to work

I'm speechless!

Yeah, but todays pensioners paid for there pension in advance. Its not their fault the bankers fecked their investment up. Also the government don't take into account "top up benefits" like tax credits.

Some folk get more top up benefits than someone who doesn't work. The number unemployed and receiving benefits is misleading to say the least. The government would rather you worked a few hour a day and get top up benefits instead of being unemployed because the numbers look better at election time!

That first section is bad mate. Is it disabled people's fault [A] that they're disabled or the bankers fecked up the entire economy (whilst the government and regulator stood by and did zip)? Of course it isn't.

Some motability claimants do pay tax, right now, because they work. It's not a means tested benefit, so they've contributed like you or I have. Many had previously paid in, before life changing events, so they've contributed. Some are too disabled to work and pay tax at all ever, which let's face it, is no picnic whatever car you have or what it cost.

Some are statistically likely to be fraudsters, if these are the ones you're after I totally agree, but all this "stickers" and "deserve it" or "paid in" stuff is crazy talk. No one is that mean are they?

Using your example, how would eliminating choice for the vast majority of disabled people who use the scheme and who would like to contribute alittle more to get a vehicle more suitable for their and their families needs, allow others with disabled children to receive benefits for appliances they require.

The two are completely unrelated.

Now if you were discussing the finer points of how the scheme approval system works and identifies those entitled to the benefits and how those benefits are calculated then thats a different story. That may indeed be correct, such as in the case you put forward for your friend. But if that was your point it could have been put far more eloquently.

Edited by Will370z

Touchy subject this isn't it!!

There are always gong to be many positives and many negatives when it comes to benefits of any kind.

I too have some issues with the whole disability benefits thing but that's because of my scamming aunt so I can see where the OP was trying to go with the initial post but......

Stuarty

Totally agree with you mate.

Bring back the blue three wheelers i say. :)

Have a sponging baskit lives opposite me, i've been here 25 years and not one fookin day has he worked, and gets a brand new mobility car every three years, fookin pisses me right off.

Came home from work early one day on my pushbike and the fooker is pushing his lads car down the road, his friggin walking stick was propped up against my wall, fookin disabled my arse!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Cheers Dave.