Deposit paid!

stuarty

Chased one just like that round Keevil airfield a while ago very quick machine :thumbs:

Ive only heard good things about them mate. Called a few BMW independents today to ask if their's anything i should look out for and they said that they are pretty solid but rear springs can snap. So i'll look out for that, but hopefully the new mot would pick anything like that up. Think the red leather will take a bit of getting used to!

What a bloody day!

I was really hoping everything would go ok with the BMW M Coupe i had reserved but as usual something went wrong.

I got my friend Scott, who is the sales manager at Kerr and Smith Vauxhall in Cumnock who used to look after my VXR's to carry out a full HPI check on the M Coupe. It came back perfect except the mileage was 10k higher than advertised. The dealer apologised and said it was a typo on his wed page and corrected the mistake immediately.

I know it was only 10k of a difference but this meant the car now had nearly 68k on the clock. But this meant the car would now soon need a P2 service wich would cost around £1000 at a main dealer and £700 at an indie!

I contacted the dealer and agreed it was a genuine mistake but unfortunately let the car go.

On the upside Jason from Infinity in Glasgow is back from his day's off and has rectified the issue with the original car i wanted to buy!!

BTW Kerr and Smith in Cumnock was a Thornley motorsport performance center and anyone with a vxr should pay them a visit around service time!

BTW Kerr and Smith in Cumnock was a Thornley motorsport performance center and anyone with a vxr should pay them a visit around service time!

If you mean Thorney, then I wouldn't bother. He got a great rep very quickly for big reliable power, but then it all fell apart when one M3 owner showed the pictures of TMS's 'handywork' and John threatened to sue the arse off him if he didn't remove the pics. Then there was the infamous NA-dyno-gate of 2007, where apparantly the NA VX220s didn't make the required power on other dynos because they kept slipping on the TMS one when the power run was done, despite the NAs making a fraction of the power of a tubby.

Whilst I'm sure that the garage you mention are fine, the Thorney brand as a whole should be treated with a little contempt IMHO.

If you mean Thorney, then I wouldn't bother. He got a great rep very quickly for big reliable power, but then it all fell apart when one M3 owner showed the pictures of TMS's 'handywork' and John threatened to sue the arse off him if he didn't remove the pics. Then there was the infamous NA-dyno-gate of 2007, where apparantly the NA VX220s didn't make the required power on other dynos because they kept slipping on the TMS one when the power run was done, despite the NAs making a fraction of the power of a tubby.

Whilst I'm sure that the garage you mention are fine, the Thorney brand as a whole should be treated with a little contempt IMHO.

Didnt know that mate, its been a few years since i had my VXR. I'm not even sure if they are still a TMS performance center. But there a good friendly bunch, that love there cars!

I think you should stop pretending your be happy with a BMW that has a underpowered engine, just accept that fun and cheap running costs don't go well together and swap your Z4 for a BMW with a proper engine, who really cares about electric seats/folding mirrors etc when you can have the most important spec...a 400bhp+ V8 under the bonnet :stir:

http://www.pistonhea...-4-0-20/1599337

Must admit that if you really want a Z4M, then why settle for a 3.0? And especially after they mucked you around.

TBH i really dont care. Ive drove both and for the driving i do theres not much in it. Also the extra running costs is the reason there's not much price difference. I prefer the 25k 3.0 with fbmwsh over the nearly 70k m with mix of bmw and indie servicing. Iwill be delightedd owining either car!

Edited by stuarty

Under £300 to be exact.

And you still bought the 3.0?!

TBH i really dont care. Ive drove both and for the driving i do theres not much in it. Also the extra running costs is the reason there's not much price difference. I prefer the 25k 3.0 with fbmwsh over the nearly 70k m with mix of bmw and indie servicing. Iwill be delightedd owining either car!

Fair play, it's your cash. 3.0 is going to lose money quicker than the Z4M though which negates a fair bit of any cost benefits, but as long as you're happy that's all that matters. :)

See you again in September when you buy the next BMW then? ;)

• Like 1

Ive decided to stop beating about the bush and constantly compromising . So i decided to get what i really wanted,

Your latest decision seems to go against this. Just so long as you are not compromising again. All the best with your new car whatever you decide.

Must admit that if you really want a Z4M, then why settle for a 3.0? And especially after they mucked you around.

Exactly, and it was barely a grand more than the 3.0!

Under £300 to be exact.

Apologies, I couldn't be bothered to go through the five pages of posts of you not buying a car, to get the exact figure.

Under £300 to be exact.

Apologies, I couldn't be bothered to go through the five pages of posts of you not buying a car, to get the exact figure.

If thats the case, do me a favour and dont post on any my threads. That way you can put someone else down for a while!!

Under £300 to be exact.

If thats the case, do me a favour and dont post on any my threads. That way you can put someone else down for a while!!

Bitch Slap :lol: