Deposit paid!

stuarty

Absolutely gorgeous cars - one of the few Beemers with a spot of flair over germanic design :)

Be interested to hear what you think of it day to day, as its one of my forerunners when I change the Zed - see lots of reports about harsh ride quality, but not sure if that's the ususal internet myth building, or people used to french 'sofa' suspension...

• Like 1

Personally I think they're a far nicer looking car than the Zed but I really just dont get the Bimmer engine noise. I really really don't like it.

Granted I've never heard the 3.2, 6 pot but there's something about a straight 6 thats a bit soulless and tinny for my liking (least it was on the hateful Z4 coupe I had).

YAWN!!

I totally agree with this. God almighty.......

Lol, love you signature, how about letting others live there dream!

Bizarre post considering you've only posted 94 posts!

Stuart. Don't know yeh...your probably a decent fellow, but what was wrong with just telling us what you bought in the first place... that was my point, by making everyone start guessing dragged it on a tad. Enjoy your new motor. 95 posts now.. jonny

YAWN!!

Stuart. Don't know yeh...your probably a decent fellow, but what was wrong with just telling us what you bought in the first place... that was my point, by making everyone start guessing dragged it on a tad. Enjoy your new motor. 95 posts now.. jonny

Once you've been a member a bit longer, you'll realise thats how some of us role on here. Just a bit of fun between friends!

I'm absolutely gutted!

I agreed a great deal on the Z4 coupe at Infinity Glasgow on friday around 6pm. I paid a £500 deposit to secure the car. I called them on saturday to get an update and i was told the system they used to arrange finance was down. They told me they were going to call up someone at the finance company they use, Alphera. I got a call back saying that the rate they promised me was fine and everything would be ok.

I called back on sunday to discover the salesman still hadn't proposed me for finance. I contacted them today and he said it had been done. Got a call from him 30 mins ago saying "bad news"!

Apparently the finance company now want a larger deposit and the payments are £60 per month more. I asked him to explain why as I've never experienced this before. He couldn't give me an explanation and suggested that he tried another company and he would get back to me after thursday. I asked if he was off work to thursday but he's not!

I dont want him proposing me to "other" company's all over the place as it would damage my great credit rating.

Then i find out Alphera are BMW finance, whom i have been with for last 4 cars that ive bought and never had an Issue with.

It's all starting to feel a bit strange! Think i want my deposit back.

Any advice would be great!

Edited by stuarty

I'm absolutely gutted!

I agreed a great deal on the Z4 coupe at Infinity Glasgow on friday around 6pm. I paid a £500 deposit to secure the car. I called them on saturday to get an update and i was told the system they used to arrange finance was down. They told me they were going to call up someone at the finance company they use, Alphera. I got a call back saying that the rate they promised me was fine and everything would be ok.

I called back on sunday to discover the salesman still hadn't proposed me for finance. I contacted them today and he said it had been done. Got a call from him 30 mins ago saying "bad news"!

Apparently the finance company now want a larger deposit and the payments are £60 per month more. I asked him to explain why as I've never experienced this before. He couldn't give me an explanation and suggested that he tried another company and he would get back to me after thursday. I asked if he was off work to thursday but he's not!

I dont want him proposing me to "other" company's all over the place as it would damage my great credit rating.

Then i find out Alphera are BMW finance, whom i have been with for last 4 cars that ive bought and never had an Issue with.

It's all starting to feel a bit strange! Think i want my deposit back.

Any advice would be great!

I'm with Alphera on the TT. Basically used when BMW finance can't do the deal I think.....they're some sort of division of BMW finance or something

Gutting mate. Clearly someone didn't do their sums right I reckon.

• Like 1

Walk away, plenty of other cars out there. I wouldn't want to give someone that useless my money anyway.

+1 on this - don't let him go hunting for finance on your behalf it may affect your credit score

• Like 1

This is pretty poor for what is supposed to be a premium car dealership. Very disappointing and doesn't do the dealership any favours. I would still use them for servicing though, at least that part of the franchise know what they're doing.

• Like 1

I'm right pis*ed off here Dave! Its like pulling teeth. I hope they don't have another interested party in the car, willing to pay more!

Yep supposed to be a nice process getting a new car, things like this just pi$$ you off, I had a similar(ish) thing with the Jag, did a small amount of finance with the dealer, but said that I would also try a personal loan as much better rates.... went on Sainsbury website, went all the way through the quote and it said "congratulations you have been approved we will be in touch soon with a written confirmation" so I phoned the dealer and said forget the finance I am sorted..... then I heard nothing from Sainsburys.... after about 4 days I phoned them gave them the reference and they said "oh you have been declined", so I said well when the f*ck were you going to let me know???? "not our policy" WTF? anyway went back to the dealer and sorted it that way but for a day or 2 I thought I had lost the car through all the messing about :(

YAWN!!

Exactly......it's the dragging out, when everyone called that it was going to be a BMW........AGAIN.