Dan's got a new motah guv

Ekona

Well, it's not mine, it's Jo's. Finally the days of 24mpg in the Impreza have become a little too much, and with 85K now on the clock we've sold Betty Beast to a good friend of ours before anything really expensive fails :D

Any way, without further ado I give you Geoff!

mini.jpg

R57 Cooper S convertible. Usual odds and sods, not entirely keen on the wheels myself but Jo loves them and they are a cinch to clean. What you see there is the sum of 7 hours work today cleaning and correcting the paint, as when we went to pick it up on Thursday they'd washed it with a dirty cloth and scratched the heck out of the driver's door :rant: To be fair they did offer to fix it for us, but I knew I could do a better job so just got stuck in. The crapy picture doesn't do it justice, the paintwork is gorgeous and rich in the flesh.

Cloth seats with red leather bits brighten the interior up, and the stock exhaust don't half like to burble and pop on the overrun! I've yet to drive Geoff since we picked him up, but having never owned a hot hatch I'm looking forward to scrabble wagon hooning. It might seem a hell of a step down from a 320bhp STi, and in terms of excitement of drive it is, but it's also a very solid and dependable commuting vehicle with enough puff to make life interesting. :)

• Like 1

Bet you can't wait to slip inside Geoff and have a good hard ride ;)

Damn straight, Geoff has a lovely looking shaft with a bulbous end that seems ripe just to wrap my hand around and give a good waggling :D