How to keep the neighbours fat cat off my car?!?!?!?!

tracymg

I'm not sure this is the best place for this question, but...

I am now totally convinced that the neighbours cat thinks that my car is his and that I only drive it around to warm it up for it to walk its big fat body on and slide off like he is at a theme park. He has even taken the liberty of adding his own detailing in the style of little claw scratches down the bonnet, I obviously put too much polish on that day :scare:

I park on my drive which has high hedges around it, so can't always see when the cat is around, but certainly can see when it's been to pay a freindly visit. I have looked at the gadgets that make a high pitch sound to frighten it off, but I am a little usure if it will startle it too much and make it dig its claws in even more???

If anyone has any humane ideas, I would be very grateful :teeth:

Please help

Thanks guys...

I have tried throwing a bucket of water over it and I'm convince it smiled and thanked me for installing a new ride at adventure land :lol:

It's not always easy to get the hose pipe to it, the drive is in an akward place, by the time I've seen it and ran for the water, it's gone...

• Like 1

What about a dog? :D

Could you fit one of those cat-scarer things at bonnet level on a wall or something? I have no experience with how good they are. Or perhaps rig up some kind of motion sensor to a horn...

My girlfriends mother recently installed one of them cat deterrent things, basically a small outdoor device that gives off a high pitched sound cats don't like triggered by motion sensor. It's seems to be working as the little furballs stay well clear of her garden. I'm not sure where one would purchase this but googles your friend. Hope this helps? If not anything citrus they hate... Maybe grow a lemon tree? :p

Problem solved.. At a fair price (end lots of Stella for me), im willing to call around with my dog, SCOOT. She a Lurcher and ******* hates cats. She would gladly see off he cat for good. Only problem is it will be very messy and you may need a full respray afterwards. And for anyone with a similar problem with other dogs, ferrits,chickens,sqirrels,bin bags (from a distance), infact any other known animal, then im your man. :scare:

• Like 1

My girlfriends mother recently installed one of them cat deterrent things, basically a small outdoor device that gives off a high pitched sound cats don't like triggered by motion sensor. It's seems to be working as the little furballs stay well clear of her garden. I'm not sure where one would purchase this but googles your friend. Hope this helps? If not anything citrus they hate... Maybe grow a lemon tree? :p

or one of the high frequency devices - my neighbour has one, unfortunately his teenage daughter can hear it and moans about it but it's stopped the cats turding up his garden.

I have 2 cats, do as ekona says and use the pepper. As for those suggesting an air rifle that's not very sensible. Its someones pet. You might not appreciate them but someone does. You'd be pretty upset if someone ran over your dog.

• Like 2

An oldie, but still a good suggestion ;)

HAHAHA. i did this when i was at uni. 3 am, exam the next day and 2 guys having a water fight. one of them got more wet than he had anticipated :D

to the OP. low powered airsoft gun - its what they were invented for before ex-military folk started shooting each other with them

I'd rape someone with a chainsaw if they ever hurt either of my cats.

Seriously, pepper works wonders, doesn't show up on or mark the car at all either :)

have to agree, if i caught anyone hurting my animals i'd bring a whole world of hurt their way.

I'd rape someone with a chainsaw if they ever hurt either of my cats.

Seriously, pepper works wonders, doesn't show up on or mark the car at all either :)

have to agree, if i caught anyone hurting my animals i'd bring a whole world of hurt their way.

Poor cat. I'm not an animal lover but dont like people hurting them. But I was having a discussion with my mate who loves animals yet he says its "his" dog. How and why can you "own" an animal.