Rant!!

MrsNiki

Why do people think it's big and clever to steal valve caps off cars???? I've been away at work for 3 weeks, coming home tonight to the news that mine have all been half inched.... I know they are only cheap, but still.... Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Told Mr Niki I wanted to wire my car up to the national grid so that if anyone touched the zed they would get zapped, and after being told that this was highly illegal I just decided a baseball bat to the back of the head of a thief caught in action would suffice.... Again to be told its illegal.

I've just bought some locking valve caps, but it is still annoying me....

I'm just gonna have to move to a nice area and get used to the fact that the good pubs won't be in staggering distance anymore :( or the shops for that matter.

It's a shame, but it's also why I only ever put el cheapo black plastic caps on my cars. No point having decent ones, and even the locking ones will get nicked or worse the valve damaged whilst they're trying to be nicked.

It's just so frustrating, I know I should expect it living where I do, but nobody likes to have things taken. I do need a garage (1 that the car actually fits in!) or secure parking. House shopping now methinks! Mr Niki will be sat with his head in his hands right now at this news haha!

It's a shame, but it's also why I only ever put el cheapo black plastic caps on my cars. No point having decent ones, and even the locking ones will get nicked or worse the valve damaged whilst they're trying to be nicked.

+1

I have Nismo ones on mine and expect them to be stolen at some point then will just buy cheapo ones.I had all four centre caps stolen from my fiesta ST and when i came to sell it i realised why as they cost me close to £70 :scare: .

Lower than a snakes b0((0cks.

Is there nothing corrosive to skin you can paint them in, then just wear gloves when you check pressures?

what you need is some of the stuff they used in the " The Jackal" remake in the car park scene that would sort the scum outout.

Lost count of the number that have been whizzed over the years. Probably "lost" 20 or so plastic ones checking my tyre pressures as well. Now I've got a decent set and I'm going to be parking up anywhere dodgy I just pocket them.

Pete

Happened me a few months back too. Found these cool orange ones with a ":)" etched into the end of them, parked at a my girlfriends house and the next morning one was gone :rant: Couldn't find the same ones again so just bought 8 orange plain ones thinking they'll last a few months of getting nabbed here and there. About a week later I parked in the same place, next morning 3 were missing :rant::angry: :angry:

One sunny day I gave the car a full detail, put on my new swish valve caps on and went to Blackpool for the day.

Came back and they're all gone:-(

On the wheel arch above each wheel was a kiddy sized palm print of the perp!

Peskye kids......grrrrrr.

That's sorted then, gonna get a plain black pair (eyeing up the ones on Mr Niki's BMW) and keep the nice 'Z' ones for meets and events :D

Also believe in Karma, whoever stole mine will get their comeuppance!