Which fuel?

stevebags

Just been researching and not impressed with the results online for 95 ron, so which is the best. I cannot afford to spend on repairs so would rather put in the right fuel from the offset. Shell V power or BP ultimate any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated. thanks in advance. Steve

Shell V-Power or their new Nitro that is replacing V-Power that's all I use in my bike ( tuned & a hi-flow K&N air filter wouldn't use anything else almost run out of fuel a few times trying to find a shell garage in the sticks ) & my 350z both of them always seem to run better on this unless I'm going mad :D

V power for me. If anyone decides to go for 95 Ron fuel, please let us know your number plate so we can warn others away from your car in the future should you decide to sell your car! :thumbs:

Thread about why located here...

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

No need to go ott warning people off, for plenty of people, poodling around on 95 would cause no problem at all, for instance if I wanted I could do my daily commute on 95 as I hardly get above 2k revs...

• Like 2

I use v-power. This is only because I personally believe the quality of fuel is better quality than the supermarket brands. In reality I would go with rt and as long as it's graded as super it won't do damage.

Oil company propaganda. The fact is that The U.K is divided up into areas with each area having a major oil refinery in it. For example if like me you live in North Wales then your fuel comes from Stanlow, Ellesmere Port. So, no matter where I fill up, whether it's our local ASDA, Texaco, Shell, BP, etc garage I'll be getting fuel made in Stanlow at The former Shell refinery. If you live on the South Coast your fuel will come from The Esso refinery in Fawley and so on. Just think about it, would it make any sense to supply a BP garage in Cornwall from the Grangemouth refinery in Scotland? Oil companies have had an agreement in place for decades to supply each other. If anyone's in doubt, just go and stand on the A5117 outside of the loading terminals at Stanlow and watch the different companies roll up to get their fuel :) . (It's not just petrol either.)There are a number of pipelines around the country and these go to shared terminals, remember that huge explosion and fire a few years ago that was at a BP terminal supplied by a Shell pipeline.

Now then, I can neither confirm or deny that individual oil companies have the ability to add their own "boosters" at the gantries, I've no idea TBH , back in the days when I worked at Stanlow they didn't have that ability.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Nitrous Oxide - trust me it's great :thumbs:

Pity that you can only use it on a track :(

It's not actually illegal on the road - however the insurance companies have a policy against using on the road so yup - track use only

But is fun :drive1:

I use v-power. This is only because I personally believe the quality of fuel is better quality than the supermarket brands. In reality I would go with rt and as long as it's graded as super it won't do damage.

Oil company propaganda. The fact is that The U.K is divided up into areas with each area having a major oil refinery in it. For example if like me you live in North Wales then your fuel comes from Stanlow, Ellesmere Port. So, no matter where I fill up, whether it's our local ASDA, Texaco, Shell, BP, etc garage I'll be getting fuel made in Stanlow at The former Shell refinery. If you live on the South Coast your fuel will come from The Esso refinery in Fawley and so on. Just think about it, would it make any sense to supply a BP garage in Cornwall from the Grangemouth refinery in Scotland? Oil companies have had an agreement in place for decades to supply each other. If anyone's in doubt, just go and stand on the A5117 outside of the loading terminals at Stanlow and watch the different companies roll up to get their fuel :) . (It's not just petrol either.)There are a number of pipelines around the country and these go to shared terminals, remember that huge explosion and fire a few years ago that was at a BP terminal supplied by a Shell pipeline.

Now then, I can neither confirm or deny that individual oil companies have the ability to add their own "boosters" at the gantries, I've no idea TBH , back in the days when I worked at Stanlow they didn't have that ability.

Pete

I'm at Esso Fawley, theres no Super Unleaded here, our Super comes from Hamble or Avonmouth which ever is offering the best price.