Anyone in the UK done an LS conversion yet?

deank93

Manly V8 >>>>>>> Gay Supercharged V6 :stir:

So does having a supercharged V8 make me like an automotive equivalent of chuck Norris? Also with you lot all supercharging up I was looking at V12's last night :ninja:

Edited by rtbiscuit
  • Like 1

In my opinion (not that anyone should care or listen) VQ engines are better bang for buck since its in your car already, but would I swap the sound of my V6 for a V8? yes in a heart beat! Enough of a reason to go a head and buy the dam lazy lump so I can hear it and be jealous Wasso!

So does having a supercharged V8 make me like an automotive equivalent of chuck Norris? Also with you lot all supercharging up I was looking at V12's last night :ninja:

No it makes you a manly gay, definitely a giver not a taker ;)

:lol:

In my opinion (not that anyone should care or listen) VQ engines are better bang for buck since its in your car already, but would I swap the sound of my V6 for a V8? yes in a heart beat! Enough of a reason to go a head and buy the dam lazy lump so I can hear it and be jealous Wasso!

For the amount your spending plus the sale price of a zed there are some tasty v8s out there, that are correct out of the box and easier to maintain.

To be fair I'll probably be taking all the enjoyment factor of my daily use of the car out. And as I'm 40 next year I'm calling it a mid life crisis. I wouldn't drive a v8 every day and I may regret it, but what the hell. I might get run over next year.

For the amount your spending plus the sale price of a zed there are some tasty v8s out there, that are correct out of the box and easier to maintain.

I have no idea what you are talking about??? I must only be on like £1500 or something lalala de de de nor do I keep written receipts to hand or view :bose:

There isn't many (any?) guides for DIY V8 installs so I will keep with the bread and butter stuff like everyone else. Its proven to work and if something brakes worst case I loose all power and coast to a nice halt unlike a V8 swap with drive shafts flying up your ass or engine mounts dropping the V8 on your legs :lol:

I only jest and would love someone to do a swap as most of us tend to follow what they know works or have seen. :D

• Like 1

Getting the new motor running and talk to the stock can bus system is easy.

Use a Syvecs S8 ECU configure the custom can from the Syvecs to talk to the stock ambush circuit via canbus box and your dash/heater BCM will all work like a stock car.

Full traction control as well.

Use a Syvecs S8 ECU configure the custom can from the Syvecs to talk to the stock ambush circuit via canbus box and your dash/heater BCM will all work like a stock car.

I'm thinking this would be a necessity to be fair.

A question I asked a few times when this topic was raised with regard to rx7's, if you want a v8 why not just buy a car with a v8? There are plenty of options, all shapes and sizes with something for everyone. I personal feel its a very American thing to chuck a v8 into anything and everything as they are two a penny, but over here, it just doesnt make financial sense.

Because that's boring.

Why not just go out and get a monaro, because I don't like it and why not do something different.

Ask Keyser or DjTimo, Tony420z or 4ReLeather if they think the cost of doing what they have was sensible, or just get another car which was already quick?

Because that's boring.

Why not just go out and get a monaro, because I don't like it and why not do something different.

Ask Keyser or DjTimo, Tony420z or 4ReLeather if they think the cost of doing what they have was sensible, or just get another car which was already quick?

O I only spent a few quid modifying mine - you know about the same as a second hand Audi R8 :scare:

But I only did it to get in a magazine :lol:

It's a bit like asking people why the bothered climbing Everest "Because it was there" ;)

So I'm with Wasso - "I was having a midlife crisis" :p

Straight from the Queen's mouth! :lol:

How much did you enjoy your supercharged v6? :stir:

I didn't. which is why I sold it less than 6 months after fitting it ;)

That was because it was the gay, asthmatic HKS blower! :stir:

Real men suck with Vortechs !! ;)

• Like 2

I'm not one of the worriers, listening for noises and hiccups, I just enjoy it. And it is awesome. I only remember one member ever being that paranoid, and he didn't keep it long.

However, I'm not sure what my next project will be, but it will have a V8 in it, or put in it.

The noise alone is enough for me. :cloud9:

Straight from the Queen's mouth! :lol:

How much did you enjoy your supercharged v6? :stir:

I didn't. which is why I sold it less than 6 months after fitting it ;)

That was because it was the gay, asthmatic HKS blower! :stir:

Real men suck with Vortechs !! ;)

:p

Men with Vortechs generally do suck ;)

A supercharger just didn't suit my driving style, Above 5K RPM it was epic, anything below that & it was boring. The Vortech may have been different, but the HKS kit was just better in every possible way :p

Men with Vortechs generally do suck ;)

A supercharger just didn't suit my driving style, Above 5K RPM it was epic, anything below that & it was boring. The Vortech may have been different, but the HKS kit was just better in every possible way :p

Oi Oi :boxing:

:lol:

If you want to know what Ian's driving style is watch "Driving Miss Daisy" at half normal playback speed :p

I'm not one of the worriers, listening for noises and hiccups, I just enjoy it. And it is awesome. I only remember one member ever being that paranoid, and he didn't keep it long.

However, I'm not sure what my next project will be, but it will have a V8 in it, or put in it.

The noise alone is enough for me. :cloud9:

Nurrish!?

But then he was pushing the envelope.

I've read this 4 times now....and i literally have no idea what 90% of these words mean :wacko:

A question I asked a few times when this topic was raised with regard to rx7's, if you want a v8 why not just buy a car with a v8? There are plenty of options, all shapes and sizes with something for everyone. I personal feel its a very American thing to chuck a v8 into anything and everything as they are two a penny, but over here, it just doesnt make financial sense.

I get what you're saying...but as mcuh as i do love the sound and performance of a V8 and the LS is in the monaro and VXR8 i'm not overly keen on the look or the weight, I love the way the 350 looks and I love the way the V8 sounds so combining the 2 would be a cracking mix if it can be done right and perform like stock.

But on the flip side if i put on my sensible head, which i tend to do a lot more now i'm a bit older, when it comes to pound notes just getting something like a well modded VXR8 would make sense.

I have seriously toyed with modding the 350 in the last 2 years of ownership but this sensible side that i was not aware of in my 20's rears it's ugly head!