Dissapointed in Fellow Member !!!!!

flyboy

What do you suggest I do??

Bought an item off a forum member which arrived damaged.

Said Member has now gone to ground and is not answering email or PM.

No problem communicating when they were asking for payment though!!

I am now lots of cash down and have a damaged item.......

That sucks mate, especially as the item would have probably been insured against transit damage.

There are so many nice and genuine people on this forum that you sometimes forget that there are still some complete a-holes out there. Hope you get it sorted and soon. :(

Have bought and sold loads of bits on here and everyone has been great. I'm sure you will get it sorted. I have however thought that it might be a good idea to ask people with low post counts or indeed anyone selling parts, to lodge their contact details inc a contact number with one of the mods by pm.

Only a thought,

To be honest, I personally think you should name and shame.

If I was buying a part a couple of weeks down the line from them and had the same happen I wouldn't be too impressed if it had happened to someone before.

I know it's a toughie on moral grounds to prevent slander or other such false accusations, but any genuine members/sellers will have nothing to worry about.

You may also find there's a member who knows the accused who can either confirm they are away and non contactable or even act as a mediator. Just my 2p on the matter :)

I've also had a similar experience but in my case the seller claimed it was tested working before they sold it when it clearly doesn't. The seller did respond to my PM's but isn't remotely interested in resolving the situation so I've just accepted I've been burned this time around!

Fortunately for me it wasn't hundreds of pounds but it still bites.....

Not 100% but didnt seem to hard to work out by looking at the for sale threads.

I had this before item turned up damaged but my neighbour signed for it as i was suposedly out i could tell straight away it was in about four peices should be one, delivery company wouldn't cover as was signed for and although the sellers coms were good and he helped to resolve it i still lost out and got nothing back,

some time down the line i actually had a go at repairing the item and it is now in use although if i look closely i know where it was broken but hard to see and not what i paid for

What is the forum policy on name and shaming?

Things will always go wrong on occasions. When they do we would hope that the parties could resolve the issue to their mutual satisfaction.

I have been in this situation and must say that the seller put a lot of time, effort and indeed lost money sorting the problem out. The courier had messed up and damaged the item.

Its a little tricky with private sellers but I would recommend that anyone having issues should pm at least one team member, we dont have many more powers than you do but we will assist in any way we can to resolve the issue in the best interest of each party and the forum.

In the first instance posting a name may not help anyone as it elevates the dispute very quickly.

As Martin says, we don't have a "no name and shame" policy but do ask the team are contacted first to help with the problem. The best way to do this is to report the original sale thread, that way all the team can see and action it and have the context of the original sale in front of them.