what does this mean/do?

deankenny

so i was flicking through the little comp thing, where you can do lap timers, have your speed, temp etc and came across a option where it says RPM and you can select different numbers, of course i know what RPM means, but what does this actually do?

As others have said, you choose when the red light flashes. I does not change anything else.

Most set it to either most torque or where they want to bottle it and change up. :lol:

Is it just me, but i find that tiny little light a right pain in the ass as its far too small to be seen in my peripheral vision. The only time i see it is when its dark and my dash lights are dimmed. I'm sure i've seen a link somewhere about how to fit a larger/brighter shift light. Or maybe i should start wearing spectacles with Coke bottle bottom lenses.

Ah! First and only time I've ever noticed that number on the computer and considered it, had initially thought it was a 'maximum rev on that trip' counter type of thing! :blush: That explains that. Mines at 6500

Edited by Louisa911

On my first drive in the zed I was playing with this, to figure out what it did. When it cycled down to the minimum value the red light flashed like crazy on the dash and I fully bricked it! Thought I'd bust the zed after 5 minutes!

Edited by SuperStu