Z Insurance- Help!

Just bought my first Z having been driving company car for seven years. Had a few claims on this (4 in 2 years) plus I have 5 pts on my license. Can anyone suggest a decent place to get insurance for my Z which gets delivered tomorrow?! Best I have had yet is £1200 p/a with a £3k excess (ouch!)

Agree with the others, thats a very good quote. When I got my zed, I was 40, had 21 years NCB having never made any claims or had any accidents on the car insurance. I live in the middle of nowhere in a cul-de-sac full of old pensioners where i think im the youngest person in the street.

Cheapest I got was £900 !!!!!

As the others have said, that really doesn't sound like a bad quote considering your driving history. If it wasn't for the £3k excess, I think you'd find it would be a lot more. Hard to believe you're asking such a question after you've bought the car, but it could've been worse - at least you've found someone that'll cover you!

Best of luck and :welcome: to the forum.

I'm with Sky insurance which I think support this site. I would suggest giving them a call, so far they have always beaten my best quotes (usually Admiral) in terms of premium and cover.

They've also been very helpful (over 2 years with 3 different cars) and seem pretty fair in terms of adding modifications and making changes to the policy unlike some insurers i've dealt with.

• Like 1

Mines about the same annually, but only £500 excess living in Northern Ireland and 1 years NCB. Clearly its your claims making it silly excess. Is it too rude of me to ask what the claims were for?

Wow, there are a few big numbers flying about here!

Try elephant - you need to pay up front to get the best price, but mine was only 430 p/yr and I only have 3 yr no claims. No accidents or bans in the last 5 yrs though. The low insurance was one of the main reasons I finally bought a zed!