Doogy's Little Build Project - Now Complete - Page 9

DoogyRev

Sorry to get your hopes up . . its not a Car :lol:

So our gardener gave me a present the other day. Now, I was not expecting anything in tip top condition, but its free, so I'm not complaining :thumbs:

tc01.jpg

tc02.jpg

tc03.jpg

tc04.jpg

I am still waiting for the bottom half to arrive as he cant fit it all in his tiny car :lol: He will also be dropping off a load of tools . . . Hmmm cant wait to see their condition. The bottom half is "light purple apparently with a Skull and Crossbones painted on . . errr nice.

So the plan is to strip is back, get rid of all the rust and make it nice a shiney again B)

First off Drawers and rails out

tc05.jpg

Washed it out and degreased it, just waiting for it to dry :yawn:

tc06.jpg

It can stay like that for now . . .off tomorrow to see what nice new power tools and attachments I can get :teeth:

Colour wise, I am thinking a nice deep red . . and NO IT WON'T BE PURPLE :lol:

Stay tuned for more exciting progress.

Thats in interesting read :thumbs:

After consulting the Zed Shed Oracle, I think I am going to to go at it with some powered wire brush type implements, lots of sanding then some zinc primer, sand again, prime and paint.

http://www.rustoleum.ca/CBGProduct.asp?pid=145

I am thinking of doing the top tray and inside the drawers with some spray on truck bed liner which when dry forms a textured rubbery like material.

http://www.rustoleum.ca/CBGProduct.asp?pid=283

It's begun,

After he has a tool box he will sort out his garden barn, then some old V8 will roll in and the next thing you know Doogy will have a drag car build in full swing :thumbs:

We do have an old speed boat the previous tenants abandoned, now where did I leave that V8 :lol: