Doogy's Little Build Project - Now Complete - Page 9

DoogyRev

All Tooled up and ready to go :teeth:

tc08.jpg

The Angle Grinder was a bargain B) . . . . $25 :teeth: Bought a couple of wirey attachments for that and the Dremel and some red oxide primer.

Next time you hear from me, expect me to have removed most of the skin on my hands and sprayed it all red :lol:

All Tooled up and ready to go :teeth:

tc08.jpg

The Angle Grinder was a bargain B) . . . . $25 :teeth: Bought a couple of wirey attachments for that and the Dremel and some red oxide primer.

Next time you hear from me, expect me to have removed most of the skin on my hands and sprayed it all red :lol:

Are you the Canadian Ricey :shrug:

This is also rather tempting . . . .

http://vancouver.en....3622029749.html

Could save me a few cans of paint . . . . although cans would still be cheaper than also having to buy a compressor :lol:

I gave into a moment of temptation when I was offered this kit at a great price :cloud9:

DSCF3394_zps30fbc9c7.jpg

DSCF3395_zps2f7c7450.jpg

Will get its first outing on the Mini :thumbs:

This is also rather tempting . . . .

http://vancouver.en....3622029749.html

Could save me a few cans of paint . . . . although cans would still be cheaper than also having to buy a compressor :lol:

I gave into a moment of temptation when I was offered this kit at a great price :cloud9:

DSCF3394_zps30fbc9c7.jpg

DSCF3395_zps2f7c7450.jpg

Will get its first outing on the Mini :thumbs:

Ha ha, just for a tool box? Perhaps you could spray the boat too?

So today I set about removing the rust and old paint.

tc09.jpg

tc10.jpg

tc11.jpg

tc12.jpg

The angle grinder with wire wheel was not much good at the nooks and cranny's, so the dremel will be out along with the sand paper. Bad light and a numb hand stopped play, four more drawers to go :)

Now you might be wondering why I did not start with the chest itself, well I have shamelessly cheated and sent that to a nice chap down the road call Ron. Ron going to sand blast it for me :teeth: When I dropped it off he was saying that he had done a few 1940's Snap-On tool chests recently ......... which is exactly like mine, even have the same holes where the chrome logo went B)

If this is an original, should I be painting it "Snap-On" Red? Although I am quite liking the thought of a dark blue or a deep crimson red :shrug:

Thats all for now :wave:

Hmmm universal silver .... Now there's a thought :lol:

Not purple, I like the colour, but not on a tool box

I've got a Zed badge you can have Jim :)

:thumbs: Thanks G, I was thinking of getting some extra bits to stick on it . . . seems to be the done thing B)

After Chris shamelessly flaunted his shiny new Paint Gun in front of me, I have bitten the bullet and purchased my own :p

I am sure you will all agree, mine is far superior in every way :lol:

tc13.jpg

Is that specially designed to get past air port security? Projects looking good Doogy.

Is that specially designed to get past air port security? Projects looking good Doogy.

Thanks Leonk :thumbs: . . . . not quite as good as your little project :cloud9:

Hopefully it will be $4 well spent, should certainly stop RSI on my finger :lol:

A mechanic I used to go to had a black snapon toolbox with green lettering graffiti style. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fake :lol:

If your going to all this effort may as well make it exciting. It's not exactly a limited edition collectors item that your restoring :lol:

After Chris shamelessly flaunted his shiny new Paint Gun in front of me, I have bitten the bullet and purchased my own :p

I am sure you will all agree, mine is far superior in every way :lol:

tc13.jpg

If only I had seen this first - think of the money I could have saved :p

Have to see the finish it gives before we decide which is "superior" :lol:

So this evening I popped down to Canadian Tire, its only 2 minutes down the road . . a bit like B&Q for you english lot :p Anyway I got some more wire type attachments for the power tools ready for another weekend of prepping.

So instead of a picture of my purchases, I though a pic of the car park would be much nicer B)

tc13a.jpg

:wave: