Doogy's Little Build Project - Now Complete - Page 9

DoogyRev

Shelves are looking good, I'm liking those :thumbs:

Turned out better than I had thought, each shelf was $22 cut to size plus about $20 of aluminum tubing. Trouble with any project is the cost to get bits and bobs. I think by the time I have finished with the sandblasting, paint and everything else I have purchased, it might well be $500, which I could have just gone out and got a new one :surrender: . . . I would still rather have mine :D

The thing is you have actually brought something back to its former glory and if you are like me part of the enjoyment is the challenge and planning how you are going to do it.

Yea, I am really enjoying doing this. Although I am ruining my fairy soft hands in the process :lol:

Once finished I am tempted to mod it a little with some bolt on side plates/shelves, you know what its like get a tool out the box. . . and no where to put it :lol:

I'm sorry to say that is no longer a restoration it is now a "heavily modified" toolbox ! Which leads me onto 2 questions.

1. Have you informed you insurance company?

2. How long does it take to modify a tool box? :p:stir:

:lol:

Looking great mate you can come and do this old red one someone left here if you like ;)

• Like 1

New Handles turned up yesterday, so thought I would get cracking . .

tc80.jpg

So fitted to my completed first drawer . .

tc81.jpg

and inserted into chest . . :yahoo:

tc82.jpg

tc83.jpg

Only . . . lots more to go :lol:

Anyway, feeling rather pleased with myself, and as the sun was shining, I thought I would go for a wonder round the estate . .

I kinda wish I didn't :scare: This was in the Coyote's so called play area . . .

shoe.jpg

Feel a bit sick now :surrender: . . this is what happens when the garden wildlife is much bigger than Hedgehogs :headhurt:

Looking really good! I'll give you £50! (We are now allowed to bid on anything we see right? Lol.)

You want to give me £50 for an old shoe with some bone poking out. Right on, I call that a deal. Sold to BBK

Looking really good! I'll give you £50! (We are now allowed to bid on anything we see right? Lol.)

You want to give me £50 for an old shoe with some bone poking out. Right on, I call that a deal. Sold to BBK

I was talking about your new tool box! :cry:

Oh ok then, that will be $1000 for shipping :)

I was talking about your new tool box! :cry:

Oh ok then, that will be $1000 for shipping :)

No, £50 inc p&p and I want it delivered personally by you in a mankini. Fushcia if possible.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

• 2 months later...

Been busy galavanting around North America for the last month or so, so not really had time to finish the tool box, but its now done :teeth:

Sprayed the remaining drawers . .

tc84.jpg

Inside done with Truck Bed Lining again . . .

tc85.jpg

Handles on and Job's a goodin :thumbs: Considering what a crappy state it was in when I got it, I am pretty pleased with the result. At least I have somewhere to put all the tools I have been furnished with :yahoo:

tc86.jpg

tc87.jpg

. . . and of course its the done thing to "sticker it up" . . . so first one on B) Might also be contacting Mr Biscuit to make me a few up :ninja:

tc88.jpg

Thanks to everyone on their advise, especially Keyser, I think I would have right royally cocked it up with out your help :#1:

Now that my fairy soft hands are starting to get ruined, I will be starting a new little project in the next week or so . . . just waiting for some parts to come in. Build project number two will follow shortly.