So BM upgraded his exhaust...

BulletMagnet

Finally got around to ditching the JapSpeed K2 and replacing it with a "proper" exhaust

So after keeping my eye on online tracking for the last two days, this finally arrived on my doorstep.

IMG_3219_zpsdab5c924.jpg

Opened box to check contents...

IMG_3223_zpsdb2e4a0d.jpg

Opted for the single layer burnt titanium tips

IMG_3222_zps2e900ce4.jpg

So after it arrived I was pretty knackered, since the last 48 hours had involved little sleep (12-hour nightshift, followed by a trip to Wheel Genie to pick up wheels, followed by another nightshift, followed by waiting another five and a half hours after shift end for DHL van to show up :lol: ), but I thought, sod it, since it's here, lets go get it fitted :D

At the fiters we set about taking the JapSpeed off, which involved heating up some nuts and bolts and then this happened

9BE17FC4-B3C6-4B0F-9F59-150189492A79-81548-000008FF9BAA3F44_zps067554b2.jpg

Anyway, after it was off we set about fitting the Invidia, which was very straight forward since all parts are labelled (just remember that the labels are for a LHD car ;) )

And BOOM, it's on :yahoo:

0688C181-BD69-44CE-94D1-13D11CA51EF5-81548-000008FF8267414F_zps5974dc97.jpg

7C7678FF-695B-497D-9E5A-9E80086F4032-81548-000008FF5D6A89A2_zps3a1b0f5e.jpg

0C8535C1-9A85-4C29-B410-647D1C55DAB3-81548-000008FF90658687_zpsa39b7bf7.jpg

I have to say, it's a beautiful exhaust, the welds are pure quality, the whole system just looks and feels "right"

Went out for a quick drive and noticed an odd smell and also saw some whitish smoke coming out the rear, but then I remembered I saw some white compound of sorts inside the piping, so took the Zed onto the dual carriageways to give it a little blow through ;)

All in all, I could not be happier with my Invidia, especially after having had two JapSpeeds before.

Big thanks go out to Tarmac for selling this to me and organising the very fast delivery (From Los Angeles to Ipswich in less than 48 hours :notworthy: )

***EDIT***

I do like my new lens :D (Canon 50mm f/1.8 II)

IMG_3299_zpscba541d6.jpg

***EDIT***

Video added :D

Edited by BulletMagnet

As for pricing, ask Tarmac, he's currently doing a deal to coincide with his new website launch (usually go for £899)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/60923-invidia-350z-and-370z-gemini-exhaust-special-offer/ (see last post)

Bumper tuck this weekend?!

Looks nice, bet it sounds awesome, too!

Thinking about doing the tuck :D

Very nice , how much ? How does the sound compare with the K2 which I have on my own zed at the mo

Sounds great compared to the K2 (which isn't hard tbh...)

OK I was kidding about the 4 days :lol:

Looks awesome mate great Zorst :thumbs:

Well if an Invidia is good enough for "The Bitch".... ;)

Tarmac supplied mine as well! Great service and a quality bit of kit! Think mine was installed incorrectly though as the drivers side pipe between the xpipe and back box is hanging a few inches off the floor!

Prolly upside down, as it needs to go past the diff OVER the antirollbar, hope this helps

3dfef51e-aec5-4a60-ba6a-3064dac8127c_zps3444bc8d.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet

Tarmac supplied mine as well! Great service and a quality bit of kit! Think mine was installed incorrectly though as the drivers side pipe between the xpipe and back box is hanging a few inches off the floor!

Prolly upside down, as it needs to go past the diff OVER the antirollbar, hope this helps

3dfef51e-aec5-4a60-ba6a-3064dac8127c_zps3444bc8d.jpg

Yeah that's what I was thinking! I'll jack the car up this weekend and sort it out!

Here's a picture of mine for comparison! Definitely fitted wrong!

ceedf75aa6906a83a20c32bb1bcc1572_zps56eb73d9.jpg

Yeah, deffo upside down, show Dixon my pic and clip him round the ears, lol

I have also noticed something else, yours has flexis, mine hasn't, mine has interference fit instead

Edited by BulletMagnet

That's a nice looking exhaust, although isn't the left tip sitting slightly higher than the right? Could be the angle maybe.

Definitely looking forward to a video!

Yeah, I noticed that, but I'll hold off for a few days and see how it sits.

Last time, with the K2, I adjusted it to sit perfectly straight, only to have it go out of line again after a few weeks, guess it needs some heat cycles to settle down, so I'll wait for that first :thumbs:

Will deffo try and get a video done, just gotta wait for the weather to improve