Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

Nice mate I like the smooth look leave the z badges off the wings IMO !

B)

Wish I could, but since the badges are in a recess and there are two locator holes, I'd have to leave the car in to get them filled and the wings resprayed again. £££££

Nice, PM Tarmac, he does a retractable number plate, not sure if it'll fit your bumper but got to be worth an ask. :)

I thought about it briefly, but i can't justify spending £130 to fit the number plate when Stillen have a solution for half that, that's still easily removable in less that 2 minutes.

Looks very nice indeed, I always like to see what people are doing with black zeds

Cheers mate, black can be a hard colour to get the same affect from since carbon fibre and other accents don't tend to stand out as much.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

How about the badges you have the z emblem in orange?

I have a similar plan, but it'll not be until the new year when all the christmas malarky is out of the way.

This was the same route I was planning on going on my black facelift. CF sides and same front.

Don't do it, it's @*!# :lol:

looking good m8....one of the best bumpers imo. :teeth:

When I get the rear end done, you'll almost be my ginger twin :lol: I have a carbon fiber TS style diffuser to go on and a carbon V1 spoiler, but not sure if i'll fit the spoiler or buy something else.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

How about the badges you have the z emblem in orange?

I have a similar plan, but it'll not be until the new year when all the christmas malarky is out of the way.

This was the same route I was planning on going on my black facelift. CF sides and same front.

Don't do it, it's @*!# :lol:

looking good m8....one of the best bumpers imo. :teeth:

When I get the rear end done, you'll almost be my ginger twin :lol: I have a carbon fiber TS style diffuser to go on and a carbon V1 spoiler, but not sure if i'll fit the spoiler or buy something else.

If you don't fit it, I'll buy it off you :lol:

Liking this alot..

Bumper looks mean!!

So where did you get the bumper from if the fitment was poor?

Got it from EPR. Had to wait about 5 months for it, then when it did arrive, I had to send the canards back because they were a joke. I've seen worse fitting bumpers before and this one isn't really that bad. It's just really around the lights is a bit tight and the shelf under the car that the under tray attaches too is about half an inch to an inch too short, so the under tray won't reach the holes. Nothing some cable ties can't fit :D

Looks great Kyle B)

You should get some 370 side repeaters . . although you will probably have to go back to the body shop to have the holes where the badge and reflector are currently filled.

I did consider them, but the only options are modified 350z one from the states which cost way too much for what they are, and only currently available in white, blue and multicoloured lights, or the actually 370z ones, but then the "Z" is different and that would annoy me. Having said that, my plan has a different Z too :surrender:

Just had to show you what it looks like in red! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Looks awesome :thumbs: brighter colours make the V2 look twice as nice.

If you don't fit it, I'll buy it off you :lol:

I've had a few offers, but I'll keep the forum updated and when the diffuser is on I'll launch a little poll to see opinions on the spoiler.

Small update, nothing exciting, but managed to get the plate attached without any contact to the bumper. It's also completely removable in about 1 minute with a 15/16 (or mm =) wrench for shows etc.

I saw Stillen had an option for this, but it was gonna come in at about £70, or the other option was one of the Show and Go plates that Tarmac sells for about £50 ish for a manual one. However, I didn't fancy having to chop up the grill and remove the bumper again to fit, so Stillen style it was.

here is the Stillen one which attaches to the toe hook hole:

http://www.stillen.com/products/lic-plate-relocators/no-drill-licence-plate-relocator-99918/

I have a family friend who does Stainless work, so I measured up what I need made. 25mm bar 170mm long with the end 37.3mm lathed down and died with M16x2mm thread. In the other end I had a M12 hole tapped and a metal plate made 200mm x 75mm with a recess hole drilled right in the centre for a modified M12 allen bolt to fit flush into. Pretty simple really and was much much cheaper than the Stillen version.

Anyway, here it is all fitted.

59E24643-813A-49D7-81D5-33316C4157A8.jpg

CF25655C-DE2D-4D28-A979-6CCA7CF54D31.jpg

24F77284-DA10-4055-B239-063AF8632C0A.jpg

I'm very happy with it. The plate is in the perfect position and theres no risk of damage to the bumper as there is with double sided tape etc :thumbs:

I also fitted these a couple of months ago, but forgot to update at the time. Nothing special, just aluminium kick plates.

C6566BB9-F920-4478-BDE1-7E4CD2FAF943.jpg

1187C495-1908-49D1-84E0-BBA41658E3FD.jpg

I like the look of them, brightens it up a little bit and its very subtle :)

Way cool, I gather u guys can't get away with a smaller plate?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Some have had 3/4 size plates for years with no trouble, others have fitted them and been pulled the next day lol not worth the risk in my opinion, but I may get a slimmed down plate in the future that still meets the minimum requirements.

• 1 month later...

Love the reg plate holder Kyle, wouldn't mind getting myself one of those!

Bit concerned the plate would flex quite a bit with such a small plate behind though. Not had any problems with that I guess?

Haven't noticed anything, but then again I don't get to see the front of the car in motion too often lol it doesn't seem to have loosened up or anything.

As for a group buy, not too sure if it'll work due to different bumpers. The V2 I have has quite a long nose compared to some other bumpers. So people would have to measure themselves and let me know what they want.

Another problem would be shipping, it's quite heavy and add that to the cost of manufacturing and it'll probably be cheaper to call unto a local stainless place and get them to do it :shrug: