Zeds dead baby

Hello everyone!

I'm Mark living in Surrey. Bought my first zed at the end of November, lovely black 313...

20121125_140258.jpg

Unfortunately a week later someone slammed into the back of me while I was sat stationary at a set of traffic lights...

20121204_104703.jpg

Pictures don't really do it justice, here is the other car,,,

20121204_104208.jpg

It doesn't look that bad in the pictures, but there was about £7000 worth of damage so it was written off! My Zed was Dead after a week of ownership!

I was in a strange position because normally I would just look to get something different, but as I had only owned the Zed for a week I felt I had unfinished business! I then had a change of heart and decided that I wanted to try and get something more economical for day to day driving, and get myself a cheap little track car.

Then I spotted this on autotrader...

20130122_141943.jpg

It's a couple of years older than the original car but with similar low mileage, it was a few grand cheaper so it would leave some money left over for my track toy! Most importantly it has been LPG converted using a prins VSI system. I have just finished my first tank of gas and I did about 200 miles on £35! Not bad at all!!

It's a 280 so is not as quick as the original car, but if I'm getting the equivelant of 40-45mpg it's a compromise I can live with! ;)

The LPG system is excellent, no noticible difference in power when running on gas or petrol. Only downside is the boot is even worse than it is normally, not a problem for me as I can use the Mrs 4x4 if need be.

Had it for a couple of weeks now, and every time I drive it the V6 roar leaves a massive grin on my face! :teeth:

Now I just got to find a cheap track toy!! :yahoo:

Welcome to the Forum Zedsdead. What a shame that happened to you black Zed, could you not buy it back off

the insurance company and repair it, Ok it would be classified as a Cat D or C but you then could mod it as you

wished and be quids in. You may not get as much for it when you sell it. Like your new Zed, not see another one running on gas.

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@dblock: I'll try and get some pics up of under the bonnet. It's Prins VSI with valvecare fitted. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea on here but I have read some very good things about it and it seemed a good compromise for me. I also spoke to the company that fitted it (Hilton Autogas) and they have confirmed they have carried out all the servicing since the install. They have some excellent reviews online so I feel confident that it has been fitted properly.

@Will370z: gutted was an understatement! The girl that hit me was moaning about how she had just replaced her rear tyres the day before, she looked a bit sheepish when I told her I only bought the car a week ago! :)

@WhackyWill: I did think about buying it back, but as it was only a week old I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle! Both rear chassis arms were bent and I didn't want to risk running into any problems down the line. The insurance company initially wanted to repair it, but as it had so much damage I just wanted my money back so I could look to get something else. I paid less than the book price for it, so all I will say is that I was more than happy with the payout! ;)

• Like 1