Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work i go in my zed in the flippin snow!

Diab2005

If you find out when your flight is allowed to go let me know you can stay at mine if required buddy I'm about 25 minutes (an hour in this weather) away :)

Thanks for the offer! It appears after all flights over the past two hours were cancelled (Bar those into Heathrow) it seems mine is one of the first to go..

Wasso wheres the best place to get those autosocks?? I've not had too much bother (touches wood) so far but would be good to have em in the car!

Cheers

Have a look in the FS section, someone was selling some last week :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wasso wheres the best place to get those autosocks?? I've not had too much bother (touches wood) so far but would be good to have em in the car!

Cheers

Have a look in the FS section, someone was selling some last week :thumbs:

+1

Aaaahhhh. I need those snow socks!! I left for work at 6 and drove 20 meters up the slightest hill and BOOM my car is sideways!

Tried all sorts of gears. Started making all sorts of noises. Sliding around all over the place. Lucky the rear tyres are high profiled as I was sliding and bouncing off the kerbs in reverse!

I let the car slowly slide down the hill and used some pieces of carpet for when it got super stuck. And now it's left parked at the bottom of the hill. Looks like no work for me today :(

Attempted to get to work today but every route out of Salisbury has a hill and had to get towed twice and pushed once so gave up and went home after almost 3 hours of clutch and tyre burning. Never again!

Fortunately most the other managers and directors didn't make it either and half the workforce, so remote login from home came in handy and we shut office at 3pm to let staff make it home before dark.

Edited by ironhide

Zed has been frozen up pretty much all week, I get trains to work so she doesn't get used, those of us with long journeys were allowed to leave from lunch onwards, I left at 2:45, London Bridge was chaos got home at 5, and that was only because I got on a different train and my mum picked me up, otherwise I would probably still be there! I hate using the train but at least I know the zed is tucked up safe, I can drive as carefully as I want but it won't stop th idiots around me hitting me!

Was nearly late for work last night, the problem wasn't the roads, it was the fact everyone seemed to have left work at 3-4pm so there was just a stupid amount of traffic. Had some winter tyres fitted for the first time ever this year so took to the back road to avoid the all the traffic. Was able to get up hills without problems, whilst others couldn't even get down them without locking up all 4 wheels. I'm very impressed at how much more grip the winters have on snow/ice, still £400 is alot to spend for the 1-2 days of snow we have every year :lol:

Edited by gangzoom

Am I the only one who's loving the quiet roads?

Last night after work I got home in under 20 mins where as it's usually an hours drive during rush hour.

Roads where steady with no traffic and I passed 2 broken down cars and 1 car crash. Shame we don't get more of this.

Am I the only one who's loving the quiet roads?

Last night after work I got home in under 20 mins where as it's usually an hours drive during rush hour.

Roads where steady with no traffic and I passed 2 broken down cars and 1 car crash. Shame we don't get more of this.

Yep it's fantastic I took a very steady drive to work on a friday night at 6pm past Bluewater, through the Dartford Tunnel and past Lakeside all in 20 minutes :scare:

Just shows how many people don't actually need to make the journeys that they do :headhurt: